back from 1st SSR trip

MagikMom

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. I recently stayed at SSR oct. 8 - 18th. I booked 2 studios, one for me, DH, DD12, DS 9, and the other studio for my parents. We stayed in the 2nd building in Congress park. We were on the fourth floor and had a great view of both downtown disney and the quiet pool. The rooms were nice and clean and the grounds of the resort were beautiful. We were able to easily walk to downtown disney and pleasure Island. (approx. 10 min walk). We also took advantage of the spa. That was awesome. My mother was in her glory. The only drawback I see to SSR is one that others have expressed also. The main area of the resort is very, very small. The artists Palatte is no bigger than an oversized coffee shop and the menu is very limited. The lounge is also very small. Right now these are not an issue because only a few blds are open, but when the resort is finished there is NO WAY they can accomadate all those people. We spoke to our DVC rep about it and he agreed. He said that is one of the biggest concerns people have. He also said as of right now there are no plans in the works to enlarge or include other dining/common areas. Despite that, we bought 130 points at SSR!!! We now have 330 points in DVC! I'm soooo excited! We are already planning our next trip for june 23 - july 8th 2005! :cheer2: :thewave:

Glad to hear you had a great trip - we loved it too! I agree with you that the common area (including pool, food service etc.) will be much too small when the resort is completed.

It did seem that there were buildings that did not get much use - The one across from the main building I think Community Hall? Maybe that building could be put to use for a bigger dining common area?

Cant wait to go back

Eric

Hi,

Glad you had a wonderful time!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Allison

Glad to hear another positive report. You must have liked it to o an add on while you were there. Congratulations.

HBC

Adding on right then and there, what a great idea! I have to laugh, because we began our quest for VB points the same day we left VB last March.

Glad you had such a great time!

Bobbi:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter