MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

Hi Carole! I'm glad to hear you are all doing well and are safe and healthy at home. I, like Kyle, have been able to work from home for the last few weeks which is great. And like you, i enjoy the extra time I'm getting to spend with my baby (they will always be our babies no matter how old they get!).

Even though it stinks you aren't able to go in May, there are definitely plenty of great things going on in September. We will be down there in September as well for HHN!

vrajewski…...so good to see you back!!

It will be lovely for you to have that extra special time with your daughter.....and yes, they are always our babies!!! And grow so quickly so I`m glad you can have that extra time......

Oh yes, we are so looking forward to September. I hope you love HHN again.....there are a few I`m not sure about, but the good thing about Universal is they`ve made poor houses excellent some years.....so there is that. It`s always a good experience without the houses too.....apart from the hordes of kids that seem to be creeping in last several years. But, still a fabulous event......and yes, fingers crossed we all get to enjoy it......good to see you...... :wave2:

Carole, I am so sorry you and Tom have to postpone your trip. I feel your pain, as my whole year has been pretty much postponed. Like you, I am thankful to be at home. I am working 100% remotely now, and I am grateful to have the opportunity to do so. As I'm still in treatment, I also have the flexibility to work when I feel like working and to rest when I do not.

I am hoping these next few months pass quickly and that life will be...somewhat...back to normal by this fall. I will be following along with your planning!

Hey Cara......:wave2:

Been thinking of you and hoping things were going well right now....I`m so glad you can work from home, makes things so much easier, and be able to not work when you aren't as good. It`s already a tough time for you without adding all of this into the mix to worry about.

Yes, I think we all feel the same....and want life back to normal.....it will of course, but maybe with a few differences. I can`t not think that......

Sending you many hugs...….:hug:

Good Morning/Afternoon Carole!!!

That's a bummer that your May trip is canceled... When this all started in January, it never occurred to me that it would get this bad... Yes, very naive of me...

I'm sure things are just as crazy over there as it is here... I'm working from home but my husband is considered "essential" so he still has to go to work every day... And now he's doing all the grocery shopping and running my errands... And he's not enjoying it!!! :rotfl2: We're on week 4 and have at least 3 more weeks to go...

Take care and be safe!!!! September will be here before we know it!!! :goodvibes

Hi Carole, it put such a big smile on my face to see that you had posted and so glad to hear that you and Tom are doing well. I finally went ahead and canceled my trip for May, however it was very difficult. Was looking forward to this trip so much and now with do plans as of right now I am getting down in the dumps. I love reading how upbeat you are staying, that is good, I wish I had that kind of positive energy, usually I am pretty good but not right now, I fee like the parks will never open again and we won't get to go, while I know that is not truth it just seems so crazy to me how long this has gone on and how long the parks have been closed. Glad you are all doing well and hanging in there, I will for sure be going back once the parks open up and we can all travel again safely.

Awww....thanks so much for saying that!!! Made me smile.....😁

I`m so sorry you had to cancel too. It`s an awful feeling. I think I had a day or so with a face like thunder according to my ever loving husband......but, onward we go......and we all do have so much to look forward to.....eventually......it just seems so far away right now.

I hope you feel better about this soon......it is rough to cancel plans.....and again, we were so looking forward to meeting up with you....but there will be another time I`m sure.....will look forward to that......and meantime hope you enjoy reading along and commenting......always nice to see you......:wave2:

Hello Carole!
So excited to see you pre-trip report. We were all looking forward to your May trip and subsequent report with all your amazing photos and reviews. We are booked - August 26 to Sept 5 ( RPR) Fingers crossed this trip will be a go!!!! Do any of our dates overlap with yours? Would love to run into you and Tom ( a celebrity sighting!!!!!) .......I might need to ask for a picture:flower:
Stay safe
Brenda

Good Morning/Afternoon Carole!!!

That's a bummer that your May trip is canceled... When this all started in January, it never occurred to me that it would get this bad... Yes, very naive of me...

I'm sure things are just as crazy over there as it is here... I'm working from home but my husband is considered "essential" so he still has to go to work every day... And now he's doing all the grocery shopping and running my errands... And he's not enjoying it!!! :rotfl2: We're on week 4 and have at least 3 more weeks to go...

Take care and be safe!!!! September will be here before we know it!!! :goodvibes

Hey Nancy!!!! Nice to see you too...…..

Us too to be honest Nancy, we thought it would be another Avian flu where it came and went......but this, is beyond what anyone imagined. I think we all felt a little naïve truth be told, but when it`s something as alien as this.....

Oh where would we be without essential workers!!! Every one of them deserve a medal.....oh you are bad......:rotfl::rotfl:husband not a fan of errands...….lol.....bless him!!!!

Tom has been the one to go out and shop where we need essentials, and he is so good at it!!! Comes back with not too many "extras" and usually just what I`m craving......but I do make sure he gets his wine or cocktail reward at night......lol...….

Thank you Nancy....you take care too, and absolutely....it`ll be here before we know it.......:wave2:

Hello Carole!
So excited to see you pre-trip report. We were all looking forward to your May trip and subsequent report with all your amazing photos and reviews. We are booked - August 26 to Sept 5 ( RPR) Fingers crossed this trip will be a go!!!! Do any of our dates overlap with yours? Would love to run into you and Tom ( a celebrity sighting!!!!!) .......I might need to ask for a picture:flower:
Stay safe
Brenda

Brenda I cannot believe our bad luck!!!! We arrive Sept 6th!!!!! That is so unfair!!!

Although you did make me laugh with wanting a picture......we`d love a picture with YOU!!!!

I`m so glad you are booked though and at RP....yay......yes, fingers crossed we all get on these trips. I have to be confident and look on the bright side....I`m hoping by then we`ll be allowed to hug all the folks we know so well, I find it hard to imagine meeting friends and not doing that.....new friends too!!!

Oh I wish we had been able to at least say a quick hello......well, there`s always next year......glad to see you though and hope all is well with you and your family....... :wave2:

Good Morning, Carole!

I know it is disappointing to skip the May trip, and this makes for quite a long pre-trip report -- but I am so glad you are going to keep it going! Honestly, we all need a little vacation in our days right now, and what better way to chat about past favorites, new things to do, and adventures just waiting once we can all go back to going out and about?!

Thank You for sharing all the fun photos and information from your many past adventures! You are like that tour guide who always has one more fun thing you're ready to break out when things get a little slow. I, for one, am ready to be led on your latest chills, thrills, and spills (as in give us the deets only a very experienced traveler would know)!

Good Morning, Carole!

I know it is disappointing to skip the May trip, and this makes for quite a long pre-trip report -- but I am so glad you are going to keep it going! Honestly, we all need a little vacation in our days right now, and what better way to chat about past favorites, new things to do, and adventures just waiting once we can all go back to going out and about?!

Thank You for sharing all the fun photos and information from your many past adventures! You are like that tour guide who always has one more fun thing you're ready to break out when things get a little slow. I, for one, am ready to be led on your latest chills, thrills, and spills (as in give us the deets only a very experienced traveler would know)!

Hey Maria.......no, thank you for such lovely comments.....you make me blush!!

Yes, it’s a long pre trip......but I agree, we all need something to look forward to right now....I think once Easter is over (not that we‘re doing anything) I’ll get cracking on it......need to start thinking about restaurants and what beaches we plan we go to......all the fun things.......

I’m glad you’re still reading along though, always good to see you..... :wave2:

Brenda I cannot believe our bad luck!!!! We arrive Sept 6th!!!!! That is so unfair!!!

Although you did make me laugh with wanting a picture......we`d love a picture with YOU!!!!

I`m so glad you are booked though and at RP....yay......yes, fingers crossed we all get on these trips. I have to be confident and look on the bright side....I`m hoping by then we`ll be allowed to hug all the folks we know so well, I find it hard to imagine meeting friends and not doing that.....new friends too!!!

Oh I wish we had been able to at least say a quick hello......well, there`s always next year......glad to see you though and hope all is well with you and your family....... :wave2:

Noooooooo.......... we miss each other by a day..........so sad. 😢 I’m sure we will connect one of these days. :cheer2: I too find this isolation difficult. We miss spending time with our children ( they both live and work in Toronto) and dinners out with our dear friends.
Happy Easter to you and your family,
Brenda🙂

Last edited:
So glad you updated and started your September trip report. I need something happy and positive to read and drool over the food pics.

But, very grateful to be altogether here at home with the three of us.
Same here. Blessed that none of us and especially my mom, who's 74, and my youngest, who has epilepsy, have not contracted the virus, yet.

No.......... we miss each other by a day..........so sad. 😢 I’m sure we will connect one of these days. :cheer2: I too find this isolation difficult. We miss spending time with our children ( they both live and work in Toronto) and dinners out with our dear friends.
Happy Easter to you and your family,
Brenda🙂

I know, I got an email from someone I know fairly well who is also leaving the day before we arrive........typical!!! Yes, I’m sure it’ll happen some day......just think how different next year will be....::yes::

Oh that has to be tough being away from your children......It’s something I cannot complain about, but can understand how I’d feel if Kyle wasn’t close.

Yes, friends are a tough one too.....we miss them all so much but, won’t risk contact in any way......again, one day.......

Thank you Brenda, just the three of us so it’ll be quiet, but nice. Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend too.......:hug:

So glad you updated and started your September trip report. I need something happy and positive to read and drool over the food pics.

Same here. Blessed that none of us and especially my mom, who's 74, and my youngest, who has epilepsy, have not contracted the virus, yet.

Oh I’m so happy to hear that. It’s worrying enough for the healthy, but when you are worrying about the vulnerable, it adds a whole new level of fear for them. Many good wishes you all continue to be well and avoid this dreadful virus.

Well, I do have a rather large back stock of food pics ::yes:: .......I may drag them out to reminisce and anticipate the future meals we’ll have......lol......

Good to see you though......have a lovely weekend.......:wave2:

You too and keep posting. Trying to get excited for our December trip, but it is so far away. I am going to be excited for your trip and everyone else who will be going sooner.

I will Vicki...........helps keep focused on the positive.......oh I’m getting excited for Nov/Dec trip.......so you can definitely get excited too....::yes::

Good for you and your resiliency! We were supposed to head down from Pennsylvania on the Auto Train on April 28 and return May 19. I finally braved the amtrak phone line a couple of days ago to reschedule. After lots of sadness, as this was to celebrate our daughter Meredith’s college graduation after many challenges and set-backs. And she is newly engaged,and it was to introduce her fiancé to Universal and Disney. He’s never been to either. He had just completed his upgrade to Captain from First Officer on the last day before they suspended training. He flies for an American Airlines subsidiary. He is still flying a few empty planes around, and a number of pilots and flight attendants are testing positive.

we rescheduled for Sept 29 -Oct 19. Hope he’ll be able to join us, as their vacation schedules will be a mess. And it is startling how much that feels like it may be too soon.

when calling Amtrak even a week before you had to give a reason to be able to rebook. I.e. being over 60, which we are. But when I called now, he asked for the reason. I said, this was a trip to Florida, on April 28. He said,“good enough.”

Good for you and your resiliency! We were supposed to head down from Pennsylvania on the Auto Train on April 28 and return May 19. I finally braved the amtrak phone line a couple of days ago to reschedule. After lots of sadness, as this was to celebrate our daughter Meredith’s college graduation after many challenges and set-backs. And she is newly engaged,and it was to introduce her fiancé to Universal and Disney. He’s never been to either. He had just completed his upgrade to Captain from First Officer on the last day before they suspended training. He flies for an American Airlines subsidiary. He is still flying a few empty planes around, and a number of pilots and flight attendants are testing positive.

we rescheduled for Sept 29 -Oct 19. Hope he’ll be able to join us, as their vacation schedules will be a mess. And it is startling how much that feels like it may be too soon.

when calling Amtrak even a week before you had to give a reason to be able to rebook. I.e. being over 60, which we are. But when I called now, he asked for the reason. I said, this was a trip to Florida, on April 28. He said,“good enough.”

I`m sorry you had to reschedule your trip too. And glad to hear you managed to rearrange for later this year. That did sound like a lovely reason to celebrate.

That is a worry with your daughters fiancée. And I hope they can fit their schedule around the later trip. My cousin in NY was saying the same thing last week. Her daughter`s fiancée is a pilot, newly qualified in November and cousins daughter worries every time he walks in or out the door. Terrifying.

I`m glad you got good service from Amtrak. Seems most companies are showing compassion through all of this.

And thank you, yes, just looking forward as best we can......:wave2:

Never too late, I hope. Did book my flights for September, so I very much hope it’s a go in the Fall. Some day, I might be able to finally say hi. Did have RPR booked since last year, but I am always happy that I can cancel closer to the check in time, if I have to. Now tossing between the Mouse and SF. I very much enjoyed my first SF stay, but the Mouse has usually been my short stay before Dark Side fun, so why I am thinking maybe going back to that, but SF was so relaxing. Hoping the choices I do make, do happen.

Following on, so enjoy reading and looking at your pictures in your trip reports.

Sad about all of May, but very understanding to be safe for all.

Egads, thought I had missed an entire report... 😆 So happy you're all staying safe and that Kyle is working from home. I've been working from home for the last 13 years so I know all about self isolating. I told someone the other day, who is now working from home, that it wasn't all it cracked up to be and they agreed. I'm still considered essential and am filling in for some at the other practice from out of state so I seem too busy. Oh well, I guess I should be happy to be working.

Never too late, I hope. Did book my flights for September, so I very much hope it’s a go in the Fall. Some day, I might be able to finally say hi. Did have RPR booked since last year, but I am always happy that I can cancel closer to the check in time, if I have to. Now tossing between the Mouse and SF. I very much enjoyed my first SF stay, but the Mouse has usually been my short stay before Dark Side fun, so why I am thinking maybe going back to that, but SF was so relaxing. Hoping the choices I do make, do happen.

Following on, so enjoy reading and looking at your pictures in your trip reports.

Sad about all of May, but very understanding to be safe for all.

:welcome: along Lynne......good to see you.

It`s nice to have choices Lynne......and yes, I hope it does still all go ahead, we are all so much looking forward to the end of this, or as near as we can be.

Will start this one back up in the next day or so, pictures and all.....and pray it does all go ahead!!!

Yes, as soon as all this started we knew May wouldn`t happen. Friends at the hotel were all expecting a closure anyway. But, didn`t want to hear it of course.....lol......we just have the flights to switch till next year, but no rush to do that.

Glad to see you here......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter