Baby's first trip to the world...my first TR w/lots of pics!!

I'm still here! :goodvibes I know how it is, and how difficult it can be to carve time out to DIS sometimes!

Love the pool pics - looks like Cole had a good time in the pool! And the other boys too. Standing under water that falls over your head looks heavenly right now...

I'm still here! I'm glad you're back! :thumbsup2

Thanks for still being here. Working on the last update now...finally!

That baby is perfect!! I wanna squeeze him!:hug: I love those little fat cheeks. :goodvibes

:welcome: and thanks for the comment! Ilove chubby babies also. He has outgrown a lot of his chubbiness already but still has some of the cheeks:thumbsup2

I'm still here! :goodvibes I know how it is, and how difficult it can be to carve time out to DIS sometimes!

Love the pool pics - looks like Cole had a good time in the pool! And the other boys too. Standing under water that falls over your head looks heavenly right now...

Thanks for being here still and for understanding. They all had a great time...they all LOVE water. It does sound awfully good to me now also.

Ok, here is the last post on this trip. Sorry it took me so long.

After dipping in the pool for the morning we decided to head to the beach (Daytona) and get lunch on the way.
On our way there
DSC01250.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

I like the painted streets by Daytona
DSC01256.jpg

Finally there
DSC01257.jpg

Ok, I want to show Cole's first steps on the beach but please ignore the whale holding him
DSC01260.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

boys' first dip this year in the ocean
DSC01258.jpg

Here is his foot in the sand
DSC01275.jpg

The boys playing in the waves
DSC01276.jpg

Having a good time
DSC01274.jpg

Happy baby!!
DSC01268.jpg

Jerry and the boys built a sand castle
DSC01279.jpg

Then I got two of my favorite pictures ever! They are now 8x10's and one is still hanging in my living room, which it will be forever.
02-1.jpg

05-1.jpg

he thought it was quite funny to be sitting there
DSC01284.jpg

This is the pic that Cole's(in the sand castle) is hanging with on my living room wall...love it. I hope to get one next year of all 3 of them sitting this way
DSC01299.jpg

pretty shoreline
DSC01312.jpg

My guys at the beach..Jerry loves this pic of himself (NOT), notice I didn't put up the one of me and the boys,lol.
DSC01314.jpg

playing in the waves
DSC01321.jpg

after we finished playing we got cleaned up and dressed to take a walk down to the pier.
On our way to the pier.
DSC01339.jpg

Cole was wiped out as you can see
DSC01337.jpg

Then we headed back to the resort to grab a bite to eat and finish packing up. The long drive home started tomorrow:sad2:

Cole decided he would drive at one of our pit stops in Georgia
DSC01344.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q167/daisy_tms/DSC01346.jpg[/IMG

later this night we arrived at our hotel in Murfreesboro Tennessee. We were going to be staying at the Howard Johnson there. As with all our hotels and such I had researched it online and it looked like a real nice hotel and a good price. When we arrived (around midnight nonetheless) we saw otherwise. I could tell from the fact that you had to check-in through a little window with bars on it on the outside of the hotel....yeah, you didn't even get to go in the "lobby". We decided to go see our room anyway since it was so late we needed to get the boys to sleep.

I wish I would've taken pics of the room/rooms. The first one we were given the door wouldn't shut right so I went back and got another one. This one we knew as soon as we walked in we were leaving. It smelled of sewer and smoke (supposed to be a nonsmoking floor,lol) and it was just really nasty, dirty looking. I wouldn't even let the kids sit on the bed. I didn't know what to do because I had reserved it with a credit card but there was no way we were staying here. I decided to go back out to the guy at the check-in counter and explain to him how non impressed I was with the smell/cleanliness of the place and it was not at all how it was portrayed online. I asked if he could promise we wouldn't be charged for the stay because we were leaving to find a nice hotel. He said that it would be fine and they wouldn't charge us(luckily, they didn't)

ANYWAY, we left there in search of a nice hotel. We spotted a few close together and decided to try Holiday Inn (or Days Inn, I can't remember now.) I went in and asked how much it would be before we got the kids out and the guy at the front desk (in an actual lobby,lol) was very nice. He understood my frustration with the nasty Howard Johnson and said due to the time (it was like 1 a.m. now) he could cut us a deal. We ended up staying here for less than the Howard Johnson would've been. We think it might almost be worth it to try the last minute thing again (with the cut rates from unsold rooms) but I don't think I could leave it up to chance.

ran out of room for pics..continued in next post......

Here are the boys at this WONDERFUL (and recently remodeled) hotel when we finally got in for the night

DSC01351.jpg

So sorry for rambling on like that about the hotel situation. I didn't mean for it to be that long I was just very disgusted and had never had something like that happen so I wanted to vent.

Here are the boys the next morning (of course you have to jump on the beds in the hotel,lol)

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

Tired and ready to head home at last
DSC01355.jpg

That concludes our trip to Orlando. Thank you so much for those of you that stuck it out. I'm really sorry to have held it up so long. We weren't able to do Disney this year (had to take a smaller trip to Chicago..which if anyone is interested I might post pics of) but we plan on returning in Nov. of 09'. I will try and do a Pre-trippie for that one and a better TR. Thanks again. Hope you all stick around to keep in touch!:flower3:

Thanks so much for finishing your TR! I loved your great pics of your family having fun at the beach! As for HoJo, it must be a problem nation wide, my DS and DDIL just had the very same experience in San Antonio, and drove around half the night after flying in trying to find a decent place.

Apparently HOJO doesn't have any standards for their franchise.

I would love to see a recent pic of the boys, I'll bet Cole has changed alot!

Thanks so much for finishing your TR! I loved your great pics of your family having fun at the beach! As for HoJo, it must be a problem nation wide, my DS and DDIL just had the very same experience in San Antonio, and drove around half the night after flying in trying to find a decent place.

Apparently HOJO doesn't have any standards for their franchise.

I would love to see a recent pic of the boys, I'll bet Cole has changed alot!

Thanks for the comments. That stinks that it's not just one bad place. They make it look good online though, that's what's aggrivating. I know we will never try and stay at one again.

I will put up some recent pics in the next post....yes, Cole has changed alot...getting so big :sad2:

Jerry and I at my friends wedding 2 weeks ago
892008-150.jpg

Dylan, Blake and Cole at her wedding
06.jpg

Cole and his new fire truck bed (which he loves even though he doesn't sleep in it yet). It goes good in his Cars themed room for when he graduates to a toddler bed
8152008-08.jpg

8152008-09.jpg

8152008-12.jpg

Dylan and Blake...first day (more like 2 hours) of school

8152008-25.jpg

Thanks for sharing! You and your DH looked so cute together! :lovestruc
Your boys are handsome, and your cutie Cole is really getting big! How old is he now? My DGD is 13mo. - looks about the same? She has been walking for a month and runs everywhere getting into everything!

Ok, so I was trying to tape Cole saying his famous "hi". He says it to everyone repeatedly and it's too adorable. I ended up catching him doing his new thing. He just started doing it yesterday and everyone can't help but laugh when he does it which I'm sure only encourages him. I have know idea where he picked it up but he truly sounds like a coyote. Wish you could hear it in person....too funny. Hope you can hear it good.

I had to come over and sit and read you trip report. Cole is such a cutie, i love all those chubby baby pictures. Your other two are very handsome young men.

Im late BUT Im here!!:goodvibes
I have to go back and catch up but it will have to wait till after dinner...wanted to sub though!
OH ..and WOW..That place you stayed at is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw you on another trippie and the shirts caught my eye. Had to come see your page. Beautiful family! (I see you have one that loves Star Wars too!) My oldest is crazy over it! I'll be back to catch up. I'm getting a late start here. ;)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY:banana:

Ive been missing on the dis as well, but you were gone FOREVER lol. I missed you, Im sooooooooooooo glad you and the boys and jerry are doing well. I was really curious as to where you want, you had me worried for a moment lol. SOOOOOOOOOOOoo glad to see your back and Im glad you stopped by to see my TR.

My sister is getting married in Disney soon and things have just been super crazy. Lets keep in touch, no more distance hahaha. Take it easy. I will talk to you soon

Im late BUT Im here!!:goodvibes
I have to go back and catch up but it will have to wait till after dinner...wanted to sub though!
OH ..and WOW..That place you stayed at is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome: Farrah has arrived! Yay!!!:cool1: So glad to see you made it girl. Hope you come back.

I saw you on another trippie and the shirts caught my eye. Had to come see your page. Beautiful family! (I see you have one that loves Star Wars too!) My oldest is crazy over it! I'll be back to catch up. I'm getting a late start here. ;)

:welcome: Thank you for coming over. THanks for the comment. Yes my boys love their Star Wars!!! Hope to see you back soon, better late than never!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY:banana:

Ive been missing on the dis as well, but you were gone FOREVER lol. I missed you, Im sooooooooooooo glad you and the boys and jerry are doing well. I was really curious as to where you want, you had me worried for a moment lol. SOOOOOOOOOOOoo glad to see your back and Im glad you stopped by to see my TR.

My sister is getting married in Disney soon and things have just been super crazy. Lets keep in touch, no more distance hahaha. Take it easy. I will talk to you soon

Hey girl!!! So glad that you are back as well. I have really missed you too. When I came back (finally) you had disappeared. I understand the getting too busy thing though obviously. Congrats to your sis, what a lucky girl to be getting married in Disney! I guess that means you will HAVE to go back too then huh?! Hope to hear from you soon.

I'm glad you finished your TR! I think we'll be trying for Nov '09 as well. I'll be looking for your pre TR!

HEy mam, yes im back..so glad were both back! YAY

how your boys, they are soo cute..

WHen I get back from Disney I will do a major TR for sure,

Any plans for you going back to the world???

That video of Cole is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Love the new pics, and the last update...looks like a nice relaxing day at the becah....minus the whole ordeal with the nasty hotel. Ick. I'm glad to hear they didn't charge you though! I bet that happens fairly often there...:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter