Baby Yoda

• SamFaniam

I Love Rabbit!
    We visited the Disney Store today and their manager was very disappointed that they didn’t have any Mandalorian merchandise of any kind. I think baby Yoda will sell better than porgs!

HuskieJohn

3/2015-BLT & planning for 6/2020-AKL
    Disney dropped the ball big time here for not having merch out by today (Black Friday)

krayzie

Mouseketeer
    Disney dropped the ball big time here for not having merch out by today (Black Friday)
    I think the reveal would have been spoiled though as there is no way they could have merchandise shipped out to retailers before Black Friday without someone leaking it early.

Thecouch

Mouseketeer
    yeah was done so people didnt get tipped off before the show came out . dolls and backpacks designs would have to be sent out months before show was out to get done by xmas

• patclairesmom

DIS Veteran
    We went the week that Frozen came out and Disney had very little merchandise. By the end of the week, everything was gone. I think this is the same situation. They just didn't think it would be such a big hit.

Lashed34

Mouseketeer
    Just saw this thread - we arrive next week for 2 weeks, really hoping a baby Yoda doll comes out...he looks Soooo cute!

• Crazed4DisneyinSC

Earning My Ears
    I was at the Box Lunch store on Thursday at Florida mall and they had several “The Child” shirts. You can check them out online too if you’re not local.

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
    The merchandise in ShopDisney is pitiful. They are just cheap iron-ons. I get that they were trying to prevent leaks, but they would have been better off not putting anything out at all.

hopemax

Note to Self:
    I sort of expect Funko to be one of the first ones out with actual non-Cafe Press style merchandise. They've said in the past, that the can design and produce a Pop in 70 days, and that they had Baby Groot in stores 2 months after the first Guardians movie opened. And there have been comments that Disney is speeding up their normal licensing process for The Mandalorian.

I think it's cool that, in this day and age, Disney was willing to hold off on merchandising because they know how far and deep Star Wars fans will look for spoilers. Either the higher ups had extreme faith in the show, or none at all, lol. After getting burned on Solo merchandise, perhaps they were more willing to wait, vs. if any of the newer movies had taken off merchandise sales wise.

krayzie

Mouseketeer
    The merchandise in ShopDisney is pitiful. They are just cheap iron-ons. I get that they were trying to prevent leaks, but they would have been better off not putting anything out at all.
    I think its funny that they only bothered to use one image of baby yoda for all the products.

yulilin3

Disney Freak
    I think its funny that they only bothered to use one image of baby yoda for all the products.
    I'm pretty sure better merchandise is coming. This was just a horrible solution to the incredible demand, a friend of mine compared it to redbubble :)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS