Baby supplies logistics

wendyoconnor

DIS Veteran
We are cruising in October with our little one and I have some logistics with baby supplies questions. She will be 5 1/2 months old so it will be diapers, wipes, and powdered formula.

We will fly in the day before, hopefully a nonstop flight on Southwest and fly out the disembarkation day again hopefully a nonstop flight. We plan to stay at the airport Hyatt or a hotel near MCO the night before and use DCL transportation.

I would purchase the supplies using Walmart's site to store and have them sent to an Orlando Walmart. We would rent a car for the day at the airport and run to Walmart to pick up our order and spend some time at Downtown Disney or the outlet malls, weather and baby permitting.

Embarkation day, I would put a luggage tag on the baby supply box and turn it over to DCL.

This seems to be the most economical way. Babies travel lite shipping will be huge, we live too far to drive to the port, and I don't trust shipping a box to DCL beforehand.

Does this seem like a good plan?

This is what we did but stopped at the Walmart near port. Picked a box of diapers and stick a tag on it. Worked out well.

On Southwest you get 2 free checked bags per person. I'd pack a duffle bag with all the baby stuff you need and just bring it along.

Nancy

Went to WDW parks with 9 month old couple years ago. I opened the diapers and placed them single layer one beside the other on top of our clothes in our suitcases. Not as neat as one package, but I rebundled them up at the resort in a plastic bag and used them from there.
Then you would just have to make room for a package of wipes and a container of formula

Sounds good ad long as the pick up line isn't as long as the regular line.

As above, SW allows 2 free checked bags per ticket. That gives you at least 4 bags....6 if you bought a seat for the baby. Pack your baby supplies in a rolling suitcase.

That way, if you don't want to rent a car to run around, you don't HAVE to. Since you'd pay for 2 of you on DCL transportation (baby is free), you really wouldn't save much by using a rental car vs. DCL transfer to the port. Of course, that's a decision you can make when you see the weather, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter