Baby Flotation "Toys" w/ Shade at Water Parks

bfost87

Northern DIS'er
Hello! I was wondering if anyone has recently had any experience/seen anyone successfully using those flotation mats with sun shades on them for small infants (ours will be 2.5 months) at Typhoon or BB?

Something like this -

Disney lifeguards will not allow these anymore :( years ago you sometimes could get by with one depending on the lifeguard on duty....now it's a definite no( in our experience)....obstructs their view. With DD1.... I just held her at 6 months in the pool. You all will still have a great time!

Edited to add....you most likely could bring it for the quiet pool at your resort....no lifeguards there,!!

Last edited:
Disney lifeguards will not allow these anymore :( years ago you sometimes could get by with one depending on the lifeguard on duty....now it's a definite no( in our experience)....obstructs their view. With DD1.... I just held her at 6 months in the pool. You all will still have a great time!

Edited to add....you most likely could bring it for the quiet pool at your resort....no lifeguards there,!!

Thanks! I didn't think so - we were mostly looking for the shade, but we'll manage. Thanks!

We used the float rings they have available at the water parks, some of the smaller ones have a bottom not a hole. So little ones can sit in them with some water to splash in. Just put on a big hat, sunscreen and away you go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter