Babies Travel lite service

Shellilin

Earning My Ears
Soooo frustrating. I just spent over an hour carefully planning out and ordering diapers, formula, baby food, etc. from babiestravellite.com for our Magic cruise out of Galveston next month. When I got to the end to check out my shipping was $75.00!!! What in the world??? They say shipping is based on weight...I had a small order of supplemental formula (8 single feed bottles), and probably 30 "pouches" of baby food (vs. heavy jars.), plus diapers. does that sound right?? Anybody else have any experience?? I am not flying, just thought it would be easier to arrive and have everything for the baby in our room instead of trying to pack all of that stuff. Forget that I guess! I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. It was like half the price of the order.

Wow! Sounds like it would be cheaper to arrive earlier and hit a Walmart on your way to port!

Doesn't surprise me, I used them once for a cruise (not Disney) and was unhappy with the cost of items + shipping.

Are you staying in a hotel before your cruise? If so, use Walmart.com and have it shipped to your hotel. This is what we're doing before our Fantasy cruise in December. You'll have to get it from there to the port, where you can stick a luggage tag on it and have it delivered to your room (assuming nothing fragile).

I'm ordering diapers, wipes, squeeze food, hand soap, and a few other items.

Or since you're not flying, just pack it yourself, it's the cheapest option.

We had a similar experience, where shipping just seemed absurd - we ended up ordering from Amazon and having it shipped to our stateroom. It arrived perfectly, we didn't pay shipping (prime membership - woo hoo) and it was the brands we wanted (Babies Travel Lite didn't have what we wanted). The only hiccup was the box wasn't delivered to our stateroom until late in the day, so we were kind of freaking out, but they just don't deliver those until later. The concierge hunted it down for us, but even if she hadn't it would have been delivered just not until around 5. But we were starting to get worried we'd leave port with no/few diapers so we asked. :lmao:

If you don't want the items shipped to your hotel use Walmart's site to store. Shipping is usually free. The store holds items for several days and they will come in a box that you can stick a luggage tag. Just swing by the store and pick it up on your way to PC.

We had a similar experience, where shipping just seemed absurd - we ended up ordering from Amazon and having it shipped to our stateroom. It arrived perfectly, we didn't pay shipping (prime membership - woo hoo) and it was the brands we wanted (Babies Travel Lite didn't have what we wanted). The only hiccup was the box wasn't delivered to our stateroom until late in the day, so we were kind of freaking out, but they just don't deliver those until later. The concierge hunted it down for us, but even if she hadn't it would have been delivered just not until around 5. But we were starting to get worried we'd leave port with no/few diapers so we asked. :lmao:

Ok, now what??!! I too am an amazon prime member. How in the world did you ship to stateroom? thanks!!

Ok, now what??!! I too am an amazon prime member. How in the world did you ship to stateroom? thanks!!

Good question. We have Prime as well.

We're driving this time, so I just ordered for home and left it in the inner product boxes. Then I put all the smaller boxes and misc items in a file box. We'll write the stateroom number on the outside and tape all the way around. Let the porter handle it with the rest of our luggage. :)

Just pack your own box up and ship it from home. Just remember if it has food or liquids in it, it might get delayed or opened...

I have shipped boxes to the ship (not baby stuff) without issue and they were waiting in the room when we got to our room :)

Soooo frustrating. I just spent over an hour carefully planning out and ordering diapers, formula, baby food, etc. from babiestravellite.com for our Magic cruise out of Galveston next month. When I got to the end to check out my shipping was $75.00!!! What in the world??? They say shipping is based on weight...I had a small order of supplemental formula (8 single feed bottles), and probably 30 "pouches" of baby food (vs. heavy jars.), plus diapers. does that sound right?? Anybody else have any experience?? I am not flying, just thought it would be easier to arrive and have everything for the baby in our room instead of trying to pack all of that stuff. Forget that I guess! I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. It was like half the price of the order.

There is a Walmart in Galveston if you want to buy it there or site-to-store ship it there. Or there are Walmarts and Targets all over the Houston area. I'm lucky that my baby will be 1 yr so we've got her on whole milk and off baby food. The diapers/wipes I just plan on packing in my suitcase (we're driving) and then using that space for souvenirs. (-:

How do you get Amazon to deliver to your stateroom?? (I am a prime member).

Disney doesn't allow any outside company to deliver to the ships. Amazon can deliver to your hotel, or your home and you carry on the stuff. The only other way is to send a box to Disney, you can see what the rules are on their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!