Babies and Sit-down Restaurants

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Does WDW allow you to bring a baby into a sit down restaurant (like Cindy's, 'Ohana, Boma, Crystal Palace) in a stroller? Our son gets very fidgety in those wooden high chairs and it would be much easier if we could bring his stroller in with us.

Thanks for any info.

Also, if you cannot bring a stroller in, do you park it outside the restaurant like you would to go on attractions?

It all depends on the restaurant, and how busy they are. As a general rule, no you can't bring it in, you'll park it outside just like on a ride.

If you go during off peak tiems, especially if the child is sleeping, then you will *sometimes* be allowed to bring it in.

I think much of it has to do with firecodes, the way the places are set up there's not enough room to have a stroller and still leave room for people to get out in an emergency. Add to that various ADA regulation about aisle width and accessibility, and, well, you get the idea...

Bottom line, during character meals and peak seating times, I wouldn't count on it. We've brought a stroller into Alfredo's and the Coral Reef, but both times we were eating at very slow times of teh day on very slow days, and were practically the only people in the palce. All others we had to park it outside.

Anne

In the past, I was asked to take my sleeping baby out of the stroller to go inside a restaurant.

We dined at Tony's for lunch this past May and by the time we got up there, my son was asleep in his stroller, they had no problem letting us in (but again it wasn't very busy).

Generally the rule to follow, is if your child is sleeping MOST of the restaurants will allow you to bring in the stroller as to not wake a sleeping child. If your child is awake and is old enough to sit in the wooden highchairs, then basically you'll be asked to park your stroller and bring your child inside. Most of the stroller parking is outside of a restaurant (meaning outside) so keep that in mind when parking. You might find yourself dry, but your stroller soaked if an unsuspecting Florida rain storm rolls through while eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter