BA flights and others

Obi Wan Kenobi

DIS Veteran
Thought this might be useful to those doing sepera5es.

Looking at this years flight prices for the same time this year, for our planned trip next year (end Nov beginning Dec)

Our local airport, Birmingham is always more expensive than alternative routs.
Going at that time of the year, forget Charters as they don’t run at that time.

We fly business, so the saving might not be as good for economy.

First of all, BA. For some strange reason, the savings are a bit back to front at the moment, noirmally a fly/drive package is cheaper than flight plus car, but, at the moment choose flight only and add a car. It’s coming out around £30 pp cheaper in club world!

Secondly, choosing Dublin as your starting city, which then goes to Gatwick to Orlando us cheaper than Garrick to Orlando on the same flights.

Finally, if you want to try to go from your local airport, go to Aer Lingus web site and for us BHX-DUB-MCO on an Aer Lingus booking, is much cheaper than BA on the same flights.

Where, for example, BA lgw-mco is for 3 of us, around £7,400 but with Aer Lingus BHX-DUB-MCO is coming out at €5,956 (around £5,157) (of course no car built in)

Finally, if you are ex armed forces, get the Defence Discount Card, it gives you 12% off Virgin Atlantic and 10% off BA flights and packages £6,696 for club world, with Chrysler Pacifica.
Non DDS prices are £7,023 for same flights and car

Just possible options....

Thought this might be useful to those doing sepera5es.

Looking at this years flight prices for the same time this year, for our planned trip next year (end Nov beginning Dec)

Our local airport, Birmingham is always more expensive than alternative routs.
Going at that time of the year, forget Charters as they don’t run at that time.

We fly business, so the saving might not be as good for economy.

First of all, BA. For some strange reason, the savings are a bit back to front at the moment, noirmally a fly/drive package is cheaper than flight plus car, but, at the moment choose flight only and add a car. It’s coming out around £30 pp cheaper in club world!

Secondly, choosing Dublin as your starting city, which then goes to Gatwick to Orlando us cheaper than Garrick to Orlando on the same flights.

Finally, if you want to try to go from your local airport, go to Aer Lingus web site and for us BHX-DUB-MCO on an Aer Lingus booking, is much cheaper than BA on the same flights.

Where, for example, BA lgw-mco is for 3 of us, around £7,400 but with Aer Lingus BHX-DUB-MCO is coming out at €5,956 (around £5,157) (of course no car built in)

Finally, if you are ex armed forces, get the Defence Discount Card, it gives you 12% off Virgin Atlantic and 10% off BA flights and packages £6,696 for club world, with Chrysler Pacifica.
Non DDS prices are £7,023 for same flights and car

Just possible options....
So you are saying indirect can be cheaper than direct!

Short answer, yes lol.
Same flights as direct, cheaper indirect.
But, also BA fly drive may not be cheaper than BA flight plus car
And much cheaper than Virgin holidays fly/drive

Many still only look at a to b and no other options

Yes I agree. When I last went in 2014 I went Heathrow to MCO via Charlotte for £3150 for 4 in Aug, vs BA and Virgin both at about £4800. Loads of people kept telling me but it’s so much longer indirect. For me it is a days travel and actually nit as much longer as people thought. Gatwick directs were leaving about 1pm, vs my flight from Heathrow at 10am, both arrived at about the same time. Plus I live within a public bus ride from Heathrow.

People should indeed consider everything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter