B2B surprise

aanderson5

DIS Veteran
We are considering doing a B2B next year and would love to surprise our son with the second leg. I have always wanted to surprise him with a trip but can't keep my mouth shut. I figure I might be able handle keeping half a trip secret. :rolleyes1

For anyone who has done a B2B how many people on board know you are coming back? For example would the kids club know (I could see a CM at the kids club saying something). If we asked them to keep it quite would it be easy or would there be too many people to worry about?

I would love to get off the boat and say "guess what, were getting right back on". DS was involved with surprising his cousins on a trip (they didn't know we were joining them) and he always talks about how wonderful it would be to be surprised.

Don't have little ones anymore, so I can't help there, but I can tell you that our cabin steward knew, and she brought it up the first time our paths crossed. I cannot remember if our servers knew before we told them or not.

I don't know if you could keep it quiet or not... but if you could it would be an amazing surprise! When we got off our 3-nt cruise, everyone around us looked so sad and depressed that it was already over -- but we were happy because we were going to WDW! :banana: It would be great to find out at the port that we had another cruise to take!:goodvibes

We are considering doing a B2B next year and would love to surprise our son with the second leg. I have always wanted to surprise him with a trip but can't keep my mouth shut. I figure I might be able handle keeping half a trip secret. :rolleyes1

For anyone who has done a B2B how many people on board know you are coming back? For example would the kids club know (I could see a CM at the kids club saying something). If we asked them to keep it quite would it be easy or would there be too many people to worry about?

I would love to get off the boat and say "guess what, were getting right back on". DS was involved with surprising his cousins on a trip (they didn't know we were joining them) and he always talks about how wonderful it would be to be surprised.

Pretty much anyone who would have reason to know your name/room number would know that you are B2B. You could request no mention be made of it in the kids club, BUT, the staff there isn't the same staff at the same time of day every time, so making sure the WHOLE stafff knows, could be a problem.

I just did a b2b and our waiters and the kids club were all surprised when they saw us again. We requested the same waiters when we boarded the ship again.

Your record would be marked as a b2b and might be seen by any number of people. But we have done I think 8 b2b and most of the crew (including our serving team if we haven't discussed it with them beforehand) are surprised to see us on the second cruise. Usually the only two that normally know and bring it up are the Head Server (they usually ask near the end of the first cruise if you like your serving team and wish to be seated with them for the next cruise) and our stateroom host as they are supposed to make up the b2b cabins as a priority.

It might be easy to intercept these two and make sure nothing is said when your son is within earshot. But others who may look at your booking might also see the b2b designation and mention it. So you might be able to work it out so it would be a surprise but not sure how you could guarantee it.

Thanks for the replies. I figured the dining staff and our stateroom host would know and we will try to give them the heads up that we are trying to surprise DS. If anyone else says anything I just hope it is in front of us so we at least get to see his face. He will be ecstatic even if he finds out "early" .

We travel fairly often and he always gets a little weepy at some point during the trip because it is coming to an end (my sensitive boy). We will probably have to deal with that twice. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!