B2B on Magic Galveston. Pros & cons. Transportation from Hobby?

miyta

Mouseketeer
Hi! we are considering a B2B on the Magic in October- I wanted a 14d cruise but are considering this option amongst some other 14d cruise options. Somewhat bummed that the ports are identical for each week but havent been to any of them, so thought we would still have fun 2nd time around. Does this seem logical?
We are looking in to flying into Hobby- has anyone priced out transportation and willing to share? party of 4 so $240 for DCL transfers-- is there a cheaper/reliable option?
thanks for the help

Having done a B2B with repeated ports as well as several 14 night cruises....the 14 night cruises are really special. If one works into your schedule, they are worth considering. You hit the points with the B2B--same menus, same ports, same shows. On the 14 night, each night will be different. That doesn't mean a B2B is a bad thing, just that you need to be prepared for the repeats.

I don't think DCL has done any scheduled cruises out of Galveston yet, but maybe a "local" can help with transportation questions. We saved a bundle in Seattle with $12 per person private transfers. Good luck in your search. Of course nothing is more convenient than DCL transfers.

Another consideration, b2b gets you two cruises toward your cc level.
And you can do different excursions the different times in ports.
And if you pick to miss an evening with a special menu to go to Palo you can catch it the following week.
:)

opted for the Back 2 back. I think it will be great the kids already have picked out lots of shore excusions they want to do so I think the repeating ports will work well.
Now trying to decide Hobby vs IAH?

opted for the Back 2 back. I think it will be great the kids already have picked out lots of shore excusions they want to do so I think the repeating ports will work well.
Now trying to decide Hobby vs IAH?

Hobby is on the same side of Houston that Galveston is; the south side. IAH is on the north side of Houston.

HTHs! :thumbsup2 & Happy sailing! :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter