B Resort - Waived Daily Fees

sara_s

DIS Veteran
For anyone who has booked at the B Resort where daily resort fees have been waived - does this occur when you check in or is it factored into the subtotal you are quoted before you reserve?

I booked directly through the hotel using the Mousesavers deal (30 percent off and waived resort fees). The confirmation page showed the total for the stay. It was just the room rate and tax. There is a section on the confirmation email that says "Hotel Policies." It lists the cancellation policy, parking/valet fees, and says a $30 resort fee will be collected at the hotel. I am planning to print the confirmation form and take it with me when I check in, just to be sure they don't try to charge me the fee.

I booked directly through the hotel using the Mousesavers deal (30 percent off and waived resort fees). The confirmation page showed the total for the stay. It was just the room rate and tax. There is a section on the confirmation email that says "Hotel Policies." It lists the cancellation policy, parking/valet fees, and says a $30 resort fee will be collected at the hotel. I am planning to print the confirmation form and take it with me when I check in, just to be sure they don't try to charge me the fee.

Thanks for the confirmation! I'm going for that deal too, but haven't used one before so wasn't sure. I will also take the form with me juuuuust in case. :)

I booked the same deal. Below is what my email confirmation says. Note that later, when I went to check out my reservation on their website, for some reason it does list the RF in their online portal- I called the resort to clarify and they confirmed that the RF would definitely NOT be charged at check in (or at all).

upload_2018-7-11_14-1-21.png

I called about the email saying RF being charged as well, keeping the email just in case. Side question, has anyone had luck linking the reservation to MDE?

Last edited:

I called about the email saying RF being charged as well, keeping the email just in case. Side question, has anyone had luck linking the reservation to MDE?
I was just coming here to say that I'm having trouble linking it in MDE! It's been 24 hours for me, and still cant do it. I guess I'll have to call?

Also - I emailed them yesterday and they told me I would not be charged the resort fees. I also have the language in the email that states the fee will not be charged.

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 5.10.30 PM.png

I booked on 7/1, still can't link. When I called B Resort, they gave me PMS number to try, they said there have been many calls from people unable to link, that number also didn't work. I called Disney and they said it can take 2 weeks to link, I have tome to make FP+, but getting antsy.

It took me two weeks to link my B Resort reservation! I called the resort and was given an alternate number that also did not link. I finally had luck getting the original number to link. Just keep trying. It will happen eventually.

it took awhile. I eventually emailed them to inquire and they eventually did it. I think it's less of the "system" and more they wait until they have a bunch and then do it. It's about someone at the hotel sending the reservations over.

I have been underwhelmed re: the hotel's response time re: customer service, to be honest. I sent about 3 follow up emails and left a VM before I heard back from them. I was about an hour away from switching to a WDW resort when they finally got back to me. (as I too was about 2 days out from my FP day).

it took awhile. I eventually emailed them to inquire and they eventually did it. I think it's less of the "system" and more they wait until they have a bunch and then do it. It's about someone at the hotel sending the reservations over.

I have been underwhelmed re: the hotel's response time re: customer service, to be honest. I sent about 3 follow up emails and left a VM before I heard back from them. I was about an hour away from switching to a WDW resort when they finally got back to me. (as I too was about 2 days out from my FP day).
Ugh, sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through. I'm not there until November, but will play along for now. If an onsite discount comes up, I'll probably end up canceling anyway. :confused3

Yeah, I think I emailed and didn't hear anything, they were helpful on the phone, though still can't link. I have 4 weeks before fp+ so I have time. The week I'm going (convention week) there are basically no discounts around, and no deluxe and few moderates. It's saving me $750 vs CBR and $150 vs POP, so I'm hoping it works out.

Just an update: 2 emails and 4 calls (incl. 1 VM) later, I still have not resolved this issue for my stay in November. No one at the resort seems to know what to do and I'm getting really irritated.

My stay is in November so I still have time FP+ wise, but I like MDE to be up to date. There's no reason that it shouldn't be linked by now. Disney told me that they can't do anything, and B Resort is claiming they were told to use the "RR" confirmations to link, but Disney told me it had to be a numeric number.

Again, as good as this deal is, if I can't get this linked in a reasonable amount of time, I'd rather stay onsite where it's all connected immediately. So far, the B's customer service is subpar.

Just an update: 2 emails and 4 calls (incl. 1 VM) later, I still have not resolved this issue for my stay in November. No one at the resort seems to know what to do and I'm getting really irritated.

My stay is in November so I still have time FP+ wise, but I like MDE to be up to date. There's no reason that it shouldn't be linked by now. Disney told me that they can't do anything, and B Resort is claiming they were told to use the "RR" confirmations to link, but Disney told me it had to be a numeric number.

Again, as good as this deal is, if I can't get this linked in a reasonable amount of time, I'd rather stay onsite where it's all connected immediately. So far, the B's customer service is subpar.

That's so frustrating! It was the RR confirmation code that finally linked for me. B Resort gave me a numeric code but it did not work. I was going to give the RR code one more try before I called again, and it finally linked. The WDW person I spoke to said some offsite hotels send them the codes electronically. Others send them a spreadsheet of new reservations that someone then has to enter into the Disney system before it can be recognized. I'm thinking B Resort has one of the more archaic methods of sending the codes. I think it's still early enough that you might want to hang in there for a few more weeks. However, I certainly wouldn't blame you if you switch resorts now.

That's so frustrating! It was the RR confirmation code that finally linked for me. B Resort gave me a numeric code but it did not work. I was going to give the RR code one more try before I called again, and it finally linked. The WDW person I spoke to said some offsite hotels send them the codes electronically. Others send them a spreadsheet of new reservations that someone then has to enter into the Disney system before it can be recognized. I'm thinking B Resort has one of the more archaic methods of sending the codes. I think it's still early enough that you might want to hang in there for a few more weeks. However, I certainly wouldn't blame you if you switch resorts now.
That's good to know though - I'll keep trying both numbers. I got the same story from WDW, so I feel like the issue is definitely with B Resort. I think I'm more annoyed that they won't return my calls or emails, and the people I have spoken to on the phone have noooo clue what to do OR offer to get it straightened out and get back to me.

I'll give it a couple more weeks, but we'll see.

My RR is what linked with my second reservation. Just something I noticed, my first reservation (made 7/1 never linked before I cancelled 7/15) never charged my deposit on my CC. My second reservation that linked 2 days later has charged my deposit. I'm not sure if that is just a coincidence or may have something to do with it.

Mine took a long time to update and the issue was WDW is waiting on the reservations from B hotel and it took more than 3 weeks. I knew it would be fine so just be patient and keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter