[B]New Years Eve Question[/B]

Is there anything special that happens on New Years Eve? We will arrive on Dec 31 with 2 first timers and are looking to kick off the vacation with a bang. I must specify, I'm not looking for anything in PI as we will have DS5 with us.
Is the Osborne light show still up then?
Is MVMCP still going on?

Any suggestions would be great!

We have been to Disney 2x for New Years Eve. What we did was 1st yr with our 5yr DD, we had dinner then saw Cirque De Soleil and then watched the fireworks, there were only 5 of us and we had a Great time, my DD was the only child and she LOVED it. This year with 12yr DD and 3yr DS we had dinner at Shula's steak house at the Dolphin and then walked over to Boardwalk, they had a DJ outside which was really fun, many kids there and the DJ really got into it with them, then we went to Epcot and they have many DJ station through out the park, did some dancing my 3yr. old really got into it and then at midnight we watched the fireworks, they are AMAZING, the ground vibrated the music was terrific and the fireworks were astounding. There were 13 of us and we had a ball.

You will have a Great Time.

Maria

Do all of the parks have midnight fireworks? And as far as the one's that do, are the attractions open that late as well?

Yes, all the parks has fireworks except Animal Kingdom, and all the rides are open until the park closes. The only thing about MK is it might be hard to get in to. The park has closed because it filled to capacity so there might be a chance of not getting in to it if you were not there early and stayed all day. We have only did Epcot and we never had a problem getting in, but that is the biggest Park. Just keep that in mind.

Maria

We were at EPCOT this past NYE -- and it was incredibly crowded! There are a lot of locals that go to EPCOT for the show, and during the day cars were backed up about a mile to get into the parking lot. The stroller line was about one hour long. The rides had 2-3 hours waiting times. People were lined up along the fence around 5-6 pm for the Midnight fireworks! Do not plan on doing rides/attractions on NYE at any of the parks. I did notice that after the midnight firework show was done at EPCOT, we could still see part of the firework show from MGM. Everyone recommended that we stay away from MK and EPCOT and go to MGM, because it is not as crowded. If you do go to EPCOT, keep in mind that they have a special showing of Illuminations at 7:30 and again at 11:40.

Of course, everything depends on the weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter