[B]**Need Resort/Hotel help please....suggestions**[\B]

bjack56

Earning My Ears
Need suggestions and/or opinions for best Resort/Hotel. First time, long time, to WDW.

My options are:

Dolphin
Swan
Hilton in Walt Disney World Resort
Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort

My apologies if this is duplicated, but my first post never made it to to Forum???

:wave2: I love the Port Orleans French Quarters Resort because it is small compared to the other moderates and has a more homey feeling. The rooms were just refurbished with very comfortable beds and all new bedding. The bus transportation is very efficient and the pool is great. They also provide boat service to Downtown Disney from the back of the hotel. The Swan and Dolphin, although not Disney owned, are a great location since they're close to Epcot but you won't get the same Disney theming in the rooms or lobby areas. My choice would be Port Orleans French Quarters from your list. Hope this helps with your decision making! :wave2:

Maybe a little more info would help, like how big is your family, what parks are you visiting, when are you visiting etc. Will you have a car or are you depending on disney transportation etc. Its funny because most of those that you listed were the same as what my dh had to pick from for his upcoming conference. We are staying at the Swan, we have stayed there before. We like it only 2nd to the Polynesian. We usually stay there because we get a great govt. rate for our family of 5 and our ds love the grotto pool, its a great location etc. Its not so spread out and easy to get around in. The location is great right next to mgm and epcot and the boardwalk. Good luck deciding.

Of the choices you listed, I would pick the Swan or Dolphin (They are really two hotels rolled into one resort). The are deluxe hotels in every sense of the word, and they have the BEST location--walking distant to Epcot-boat to MGM-next door to the Boardwalk. The bus service to MK is very good and the pool is very nice.

Just the wife & me going to a Conference around the 1st of Dec. with a couple of days extra for play. The Conf. is actually at the Swan/Dolphin (not sure which), but all the Hotels I listed are options included with our stay.

Wanted to know if a stay at one of the others was worth the travel time to Swan/Dolphin.

Also, of the Swan/Dolphin which is better. Looking for balcony with view at any of the options. Any "hidden" perks I should know about?

Thanks

I would stay at the Swan/Dolphin if the conference is there. It would make more sense than traveling from the other resorts. Plus they're similar to the Disney Deluxe resorts and the only other wdw resorts are moderates.

You'll be between Epcot and MGM, across from Boardwalk and next door to the Yacht & Beach Clubs. Great location!

Seems lots of people in other threads also like the Swan/Dolphin.

Thanks for the feedback!!

bjack56 said:
Need suggestions and/or opinions for best Resort/Hotel. First time, long time, to WDW.

My options are:

Dolphin
Swan
Hilton in Walt Disney World Resort
Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort

My apologies if this is duplicated, but my first post never made it to to Forum???
CSR would be our choice. Check out my CSR website below for pics, links and plenty of CSR info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter