• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Avengers: Infinity War

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Absolutely. Hated. The. Ending.

Lots of good humor sprinkled throughout and great effects but hated the ending.

Did I say I strongly disliked the ending?

I didn't hate it---but dang was it unexpected. When the credit started to roll and it became obvious that blank screen really was the end our almost sold out theatre collectively gasped.

Similarly, at least a dozen people (probably twice that---and it was a smallish theatre) exclaimed either "Holy ****" or "no ****" almost in unison after the after credit scene.

So I guess reactions were pr3etty much all on the same page.

I enjoyed it a lot---so many funny moments.

I saw it twice last night. The second I thought I wasn’t going to laugh at the funny parts as much knowing what happens, but I did.

I think I may have an idea of what might happen in part 2, based on what we didn’t see.

Don't think of it as an ending. Think of it as the segue into the next film.

Right, it wasn't the ending, it was the beginning. A little note about that, in the comic book that this is based off of, that "happening" is one of the very first things that happened. The story had to deal with that. It was certainly shocking in terms of the movie, but rest assured that when dealing with things that are on this cosmic level, there is no damage that cannot be un-damaged.

Overall I liked the movie quite a lot. It sure didn't feel like two-and-a-half-hours! It did jump around a lot and it was like a series of excuses for the next character to show up and flex, but, hey, you can't knock it for being a crowd-pleaser!

Last edited:
Aw, man! I knew I shouldn't have read this! I think I know what's going to happen! I kind of expected what I think is gonna happen though. My girls know enough of the comics to have talked about it for a couple of years. It's gonna be hard waiting til Sunday to see it .

it was like a series of excuses for the next character to show up and flex, but, hey, you can't knock it for being a crowd-pleaser!

Definitely a crowd pleaser :):)

Aw, man! I knew I shouldn't have read this! I think I know what's going to happen! I kind of expected what I think is gonna happen though. My girls know enough of the comics to have talked about it for a couple of years. It's gonna be hard waiting til Sunday to see it .

Definitely a crowd pleaser :):)

Sorry, I tried to keep it as vague as possible. I will say, if you have read the comic book The Infinity Gauntlet the movie is actually very, very different and only loosely based on the story from the book. I wouldn't assume that anything in the comic happens in the movie, or happens the in at all same way. It's actually more like Thanos Quest though again, super loosely. Thanos's cadre doesn't even show up in comics until 20 years after that story, but they feature in the movie and are super cool.

I think the feelings about the "ending" will be mixed. Personally I enjoyed it and like how it raises the stakes for part 2. I think there was a couple minor things that I would call "plot inconsistencies" as the choices the characters made didn't quite add up in my opinion.

Apparently a local DJ blurted out the ending on the radio this morning. Then my co-worker blurted out the ending to me as she is telling the story about the idiot DJ. I don't see the movie until tonight and she is seeing it on Saturday. Thanks co-worker for spoiler :mad:

Sorry, I tried to keep it as vague as possible. I will say, if you have read the comic book The Infinity Gauntlet the movie is actually very, very different and only loosely based on the story from the book. I wouldn't assume that anything in the comic happens in the movie, or happens the in at all same way. It's actually more like Thanos Quest though again, super loosely. Thanos's cadre doesn't even show up in comics until 20 years after that story, but they feature in the movie and are super cool.

Nah! You didn't give anything away :) I just THINK I might know what is going on :)

I don't follow the Marvel Universe so I'm in the dark about it. Part 1 and 2 makes sense now. Thanks everyone!

I don't follow the Marvel Universe so I'm in the dark about it. Part 1 and 2 makes sense now. Thanks everyone!
Originally Avengers 4 (which was shot at the same time as 3) was going to be called "Infinity War part 2". Now it's currently unnamed.

I didn't know this was only part 1. That makes it a little better for me. I took my 17 year old DD and she was a mess at the end. My Dh is out of town and he's a huge fan so I'll being seeing it with him Monday. He will probably love it.

I enjoyed the movie. But it's hard to create a major impact when you recognize the ambitions of The Walt Disney Company. So the ending was meaningless.

I’m not a comic-book reader, so was completely stunned by the ending (and was probably in the “holy expletive” camp). I did love all of the humor. And can I just say I love Chris Pratt? Brought back all the good vibes from the Guardians ride at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter