Available Versus In Holding

DisneyRegulars

DIS Veteran
I just had to cancel a few nights of an upcoming vacation. I now have 52 points in holding. My question is, on the dashboard screen that shows your points it says 190 points available, 52 points in holding. Does that mean I have 242 points, 52 of which are in holding, or 138 points that I can use whenever and 52 more in holding?

Thanks!

Also what has been your strategy for using holding points if you don’t live close to Florida?

You have a total of 190. So,138 to use whenever and the other 52 are in holding which means nothing can be booked with them 60 days or less from check in.

When I had some holding points, I was fortunate that I was able to get thr first two nights of a trip I already had booked at the 60 day mark. I was able to book with the holding and then cancel the nights I had used other points for earlier.

You have a total of 190. So,138 to use whenever and the other 52 are in holding which means nothing can be booked with them 60 days or less from check in.

When I had some holding points, I was fortunate that I was able to get thr first two nights of a trip I already had booked at the 60 day mark. I was able to book with the holding and then cancel the nights I had used other points for earlier.

Thank you! I’ve made a March reservation at SSR and was going to move it to Beach Club, but with your advice, it would probably be much better to leave the reservation at SSR and hope to get a couple nights with my holding points 60 days out. That would be much more likely at SSR than anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter