Aunty’s Beach Club is having a reopening celebration today!

Yaaaaay!

I was thinking about that today. Hanging out on the other side of the island with family, and my daughter’s not coming over until our Aulani trip in August, but can’t wait to take her there!

Aha, well that's one of the new twists, there are new night events for the whole family, all ages including adults ;)
Now no one is too old.
Not really, from what it sounds like, they are just moving some of the activities that they used to have at the community center to the Aunty's location in the evenings, like the Ukulele lessons. I am sure that kids have fun at Aunty's but it is not "an important part of the whole Aulani experience" the the majority of visitors. It is great that your family was able to use it and I am not trying to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't want people, who have never been there, to see this and think that they are really missing out on something if they don't have little kids or if their kids don't go. It is one part of the resort.

Not really, from what it sounds like, they are just moving some of the activities that they used to have at the community center to the Aunty's location in the evenings, like the Ukulele lessons. I am sure that kids have fun at Aunty's but it is not "an important part of the whole Aulani experience" the the majority of visitors. It is great that your family was able to use it and I am not trying to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't want people, who have never been there, to see this and think that they are really missing out on something if they don't have little kids or if their kids don't go. It is one part of the resort.
It is an Aulani must-do. I 100% disagree with you, but you are entitled to your opinion of course and how to spend time at the resort ;) Something for everyone, which is the beauty of Aulani. In fact, I know more than one family who delayed Aulani until this must-do returned. It is definitely and unequivocally without doubt an important part of the overall Aulani experience -- particularly if you appreciate the cultural Hawaiian aspects of it. We did an episode on this so I know quite well what they are doing vis-a-vis all the changes. Obviously it's not for you and that's cool. In my view, though, anyone who visits Aulani and misses out on Aunty's hasn't experienced one the best parts of the resort's unique character.

I realize it has just reopened, but any reviews so far (here or elsewhere) on the complimentary activity times vs the Moana event vs the Goofy surf party? Trying to figure out what might be the best fit for my kiddos. I haven't seen anything yet.

It is an Aulani must-do. I 100% disagree with you, but you are entitled to your opinion of course and how to spend time at the resort ;) Something for everyone, which is the beauty of Aulani. In fact, I know more than one family who delayed Aulani until this must-do returned. It is definitely and unequivocally without doubt an important part of the overall Aulani experience -- particularly if you appreciate the cultural Hawaiian aspects of it. We did an episode on this so I know quite well what they are doing vis-a-vis all the changes. Obviously it's not for you and that's cool. In my view, though, anyone who visits Aulani and misses out on Aunty's hasn't experienced one the best parts of the resort's unique character.

Are you able to explain this for me in a little more detail please?

We are returning soon for our second trip. We didn't put out kids in Aunty's last time around, just because it was our preference to stick together... But what am I missing by not putting my kids in??

Well I did appreciate the opportunity to get away and do a couple massage the second time we took my kids (6 and 7) to Aunty's they lasted an hour before we got a phone call to come pick them up. After that they were not all that interested in going back. I think maybe younger kids would enjoy it more but to me it was just a really nice free day care on site. Now with the very limited two hour spots combined with needing to book two weeks in advance seems like it is even less value. I am worried this is another instance of Disney using Covid to make changes that are really only beneficial to them

Are you able to explain this for me in a little more detail please?

We are returning soon for our second trip. We didn't put out kids in Aunty's last time around, just because it was our preference to stick together... But what am I missing by not putting my kids in??
For us it was a matter of the kids wanting to go there (not somewhere we sent them). So I would say that first: if kids don't want to be there, they obviously it won't be the same experience (same for if someone didn't want to go on a certain ride, well they're not going to enjoy it even though others love it). Second, the interactions with Disney characters and Disney magic, the quality and structure of the activities, the way they weave Hawaiian culture and lore into the activities and the sheer elements of fun were a few of the things that had the kids wanting to go there literally every day. I'd say over the typical 14 days we spend that we spend at Aulani each visit, they do Aunty's eight or nine days. Usually half days primarily because like you, we do want time together. At the same time, we appreciate that they want to spend time being social with others, experiencing the activities and at the end of the day it becomes a highlight for them of the entire vacation. So that is saying something for us. Others' mileage may vary, but we found there's some special Disney magic happening at Aunty's Beach House and love how they have now incorporated family activities into that location and ambiance (as opposed to the community hall where they used to be).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter