Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

We have less than a month until we check at at Aulani. I'm getting quite excited!! So glad I popped into this thread today. All the info and pics have really gotten me pumped for our upcoming vacation.

We are traveling from the east coast (PA & VA). Traveling from PA will be myself, DH, and our 3 DS's. Traveling from VA will be my cousin, her DH and their 2 DS's. We have booked a dedicated 2BR and a studio ocean view. I didn't have all the info from this thread when we made our ressies, so we have not requested a particular floor or building.

With all that we want to squeeze into our week in paradise, I don't think we'll spend much time in the room anyway. So I think I'll be happy with any villa!!

Just can't wait to get there!

We stayed in an island view studio last week. It was #1655--on the 16th floor in the Ewa building. Our DD and her DH stayed in #1657 which was a studio right next door. Both were lockoff studios and were adjacent to each other but not connecting.

Thanks, donmil723, for sharing your photos! I added your villa to the list in Post #1.

I hope this thread is of use to those planning a trip to Aulani. Hunnypaw and ckdipp, please post back after your trips and let us know about your views!

Looking Left - The room is located at the end of the hall (last unit) and a very short walk to the elevators (~225ft)
IMG_3153.jpg

Looking straight out (You can see Diamond Head Crater with your eye, see pic below)
IMG_3154.jpg

Zooming straight out, Diamond Head is to the right of that building.
IMG_3156.jpg

Looking right (Balcony and Other part of resort)
IMG_3155.jpg

Well certainly not the amazing view that wdrl's sister had from room 1152. However we were 7 floors below in 452 in 1 bedroom pool view (could just see the ocean in the distance between the trees) but we thought the room was awesome and we loved it. We were close to the nightly entertainment and each evening we could open our doors and be serenaded. It was wonderful.

Sorry, I couldn't make them smaller. I tried but no luck. Just couldn't figure it out.

This is directly looking out and down from our window:
AULANI010.jpg

This is looking out toward the ocean and zoomed in. The ocean didn't look as close, but you could see it between the trees.
AULANI008.jpg

Looking left a bit:
AULANI005.jpg

Looking to the right, where the nightly entertainment played:
AULANI009.jpg

We stayed in Waianae Building room 910 which is a studio ocean view. I didn't zoom much with these to get close to what your eye will see. A bit of zoom and that last shot looks just amazing. I have more shots of the resort if you want to see something drop me a note and I'll see if I have one to share.

Looking left toward EWA
001.JPG

Looking straight ahead
002.JPG

Looking right towards the ocean
003.JPG

Thanks for adding your photos to the thread! My wife is beginning to wonder if we should have booked an ocean view studio instead of the pool view that did.

One question: Was your balcony angled so that it was facing toward the ocean?

Beenhere here since Saturday june 16th. At first they tried to pass off room 1113(11th floor) as ocean view but I would not have any of it! Went to front desk asap and told them a quarter of ocean view w/Marriott. Parking structure is NOT what we are using our precious DVC points on so they switched us immediately to the 6th floor room 612 overlooking lazy river & kids water playground while sstanding@ balconies looking to your right IS OCEAN /LAGOON VIEW! You can hear kids on a busyday but it's worth it for the view! Sorry I don't know how to add pictures here but trust me, this is a good and peaceful view

Thanks for adding your photos to the thread! My wife is beginning to wonder if we should have booked an ocean view studio instead of the pool view that did.

One question: Was your balcony angled so that it was facing toward the ocean?

Yes the balcony was angled facing the last view. Not exactly as pictured but easy to see the pool, lagoon, and ocean.

Beenhere here since Saturday june 16th. At first they tried to pass off room 1113(11th floor) as ocean view but I would not have any of it! Went to front desk asap and told them a quarter of ocean view w/Marriott. Parking structure is NOT what we are using our precious DVC points on so they switched us immediately to the 6th floor room 612 overlooking lazy river & kids water playground while sstanding@ balconies looking to your right IS OCEAN /LAGOON VIEW! You can hear kids on a busyday but it's worth it for the view! Sorry I don't know how to add pictures here but trust me, this is a good and peaceful view

Here is a photo of hjgaus' view from Aulani villa 612, an Ocean View one-bedroom villa in the Waianae Building. Thanks for letting me add it to the thread.

Villa612OceanView1BR.jpg

Just returned from an 8 night stay at Aulani. What a wonderful resort!!
Thought I'd post my picks of our Island View room. 2BR Lockoff, Island View. Rooms 507(1BR) and 505(studio) in the Waianae Tower.
I booked IV as I didn't want to pay the points for Ocean View and thought Pool View could be noisy. I was very happy with our view. Had a bit of the resort, ocean and quiet pool! There was a wedding reception at the quiet pool our first night. We kept the sliding door open to hear the music, very romantic!

DSC00585.jpg

Looking to the left

DSC00586.jpg

Center view

DSC00587.jpg

Looking to the right

DSC00590.jpg

Mountains in the distance

DSC00591.jpg

unexpected peak at the ocean!

Thanks to kerickson, steelers1933, and all the others for sharing their photos on this thread! I've updated the list in Post #1 to show links to all the photos.

For those interested, I've added another map of the Aulani resort to Post #1.

We were in a dedicated 2BR, 1008, pool view. Loved the view. Totally worth the points IMHO!
IMG_3201.jpg

Thanks for posting, Psychodisney! Did you really mean to say that Villa #1008 is classified as a Pool View? I would have expected it to be classified as Ocean View. That would be a fantastic view for just a Pool View Villa!!

2 Bedroom Villa in the Ewa Tower. The view to the left is of the mountains which we found very peaceful and quiet. We spent so much time at the beach and pool that it was nice to see something different.

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter