Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Whew! Read all 81 pages of this thread in 2 days, great info and thanks for all your contributions, especially wdrl!

We visited Aulani in June 2015 for 2 nights in a hotel room! Loved it and are planning for a return June 2017. Armed with all of the info above, I am ready to book an OV Studio for 5 nights thru David's in a few weeks when the 11 month window opens for our dates. Hope to arrive early(ish) on a Sunday and check out Friday to avoid the weekend crowd. Along with our reservation we will ask the owner to request studios xx54, xx56, or xx84. I think our priorities are 1) sunset over the water, 2) the morning chant and evening music, and 3) the valley view. Any or all would be nice but we'll take what we can get and won't really mind which floor. Will make spa and dinner reservations 60 days prior to arrival and practice up on our microwave meals. Thanks again and Ill let you all know how things work out.

Last edited:
Great explanation of the cabanas, wdrl. Thank you very much. Last trip we had a cabana for many of our days but I could not remember the number of our favorite. We also did the executive lanai one day which was lovely but not as good for our family due to accessibility. Anyway, thanks very much. I reserved one more cabana day and added our request of cabana #5 to each day. Thank you very much.

EagleRockTony, I don't know about spa reservations but I think dining reservations can be made six months out. I marked that date on my calendar. Cabanas can be reserved as soon as you have a reservation number in my experience. I made most of ours at just under 11 months. I know you didn't mention cabanas but am adding that in case anyone is wondering. Good luck with your rental. Love your priorities. Sounds like booking oceanview and requesting valley view would make your wishes come true. Happy planning.

Came across this thread and am reading through it while on vacation! Such great advice! Thank you so much for all of the time you have put in! As I read is it safe to assume that the room charts and such are still the same after all these years? We are going to try and book a 2br. ocean view villa at our 7mo. window for a trip planned in April 2017. I love the rooms that overlook the pool area and are considered ocean view and have noted a few of those to try and request.

Came across this thread and am reading through it while on vacation! Such great advice! Thank you so much for all of the time you have put in! As I read is it safe to assume that the room charts and such are still the same after all these years? We are going to try and book a 2br. ocean view villa at our 7mo. window for a trip planned in April 2017. I love the rooms that overlook the pool area and are considered ocean view and have noted a few of those to try and request.
Yes, everything is the first post is still accurate (and it has only been 4 years - LOL)

Hi! I am finding this thread SO USEFUL in trying to figure out what request we might put on our 2-bedroom ocean view room for January!

I know that this is not too likely since this is an older post, but on the off-chance that @dato63 might read this, I was wondering if you might be able to share your photos again that appear to have been moved? I only found one other review of a XX60 room and would love to see more pics!

Hi. We just got back from Hawaii. We spent 3 days at Aulani before boarding the NCL POA. We had a dedicated 2 bedroom w/an ocean view in the Ewa building. Villa #1060.

Here are pics of our view.

Zoomed

Not zoomed

We had a really long balcony too.

Although we were on the side not facing the pool, and at first I was disappointed - it turned out to be a great location. We were close to Aunty's house, the dining options as well as near the elevator for a quick ride down to the lobby & the pool area.

Our time at Aulani & the island of Kauai were the highlights of our vacation.

Well I have my work cut out for me this weekend I will be reading these pages, I just booked a week at Aulani, I booked an ocean view studio my daughter and I will be staying there 4/2-4/9

For those of you who have done the online check in, what are the options given to select? Or do you call MS to add your request?

Ok.
If I wanted an OV room that overlooks the pool area also.(assuming I get my OV room:-) What would be my request. Just that?
I keep hearing about EWA building what is so great about this building?
Kerri

Ok.
If I wanted an OV room that overlooks the pool area also.(assuming I get my OV room:-) What would be my request. Just that?
Kerri
You want to ask for a OV room facing the valley--which is the area in the middle of the Aulani buildings with the pools, etc.

Ok.
Kerri

Request overlooking Waikolohe valley which is the main pool area.

The Ewa building OV gives a view with more of a sunset view. We've had OV views in both towers looking toward the pool area and personally are good with either. I wouldn't really want an OV room that faced towards the 4 seasons which is why we requested looking towards the valley and just left it at that.

Request overlooking Waikolohe valley which is the main pool area.

The Ewa building OV gives a view with more of a sunset view. We've had OV views in both towers looking toward the pool area and personally are good with either. I wouldn't really want an OV room that faced towards the 4 seasons which is why we requested looking towards the valley and just left it at that.
Thanks. Exactly I just want to see Aulani grounds and the ocean :-)
Kerri

Just got back from a week's stay. OV Studio (#1454) which already have photos in this thread. And 1 bedroom Island / Garden view (#777) below. We requested xx77 room and got a lower floor, but still can see the ocean. The lawn is visible from balcony, and we saw a garden wedding there. Didn't get too much noise from movie nights.

IMHO, I'd get Island view next time. More bang for bucks. We didn't stay in the room enough to enjoy the view.

IslandView2.jpg IslandView1.jpg

Just got back from a week's stay. OV Studio (#1454) which already have photos in this thread. And 1 bedroom Island / Garden view (#777) below. We requested xx77 room and got a lower floor, but still can see the ocean. The lawn is visible from balcony, and we saw a garden wedding there. Didn't get too much noise from movie nights.

IMHO, I'd get Island view next time. More bang for bucks. We didn't stay in the room enough to enjoy the view.
Thanks for adding your photos to this thread! I've added villa #777 to the list in Post #1.

so with an island view room you can still see the ocean?
Maybe. But certainly should not be expected. Here are the view categories from the Aulani Web site:
  • Ocean View: Includes at least a partial view of the ocean from the room or balcony
  • Poolside Gardens View: Includes at least a partial view of the pool, courtyards, water features or landscaping from the room or balcony
  • Island Gardens View: Includes at least a partial view of the mountains, spa or landscaping from the room or balcony
  • Standard View: Includes either a view of the conference center, parking lot or parking garage from the room or balcony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter