Aulani Villa Ocean View Rooms

stings

"Yes" we are going to Disneyworld AGAIN!
Hello all,

We arrive at Aulani on May 7 for two weeks to celebrate my Son's College Graduation. I have booked a two bedroom ocean view villa (we are long time, '98, DVC members). Do any of you know, or have experience with, trying to get an ocean view room that also over looks Waikolohe Valley? I would rather see the pool and ocean than see the Marriott's parking structure along with the ocean view. Do I make the room request through member's services, call the resort directly, or make the request through the online registration function before we leave? I would greatly appreciate any advice any of you could give me. Thank you all.

We got lucky and got the view of Waikolohe Valley when we stayed in a studio OV last December, the view pic is in my mini-TR (linked in my signature). We did not put any request in though.

I'd put a request in with MS, and possibly think about calling the resort a few days before your stay to see what they've assigned you or could potentially reassign you.

There are ocean views that don't face the pool or the Marriott, and those would probably be nice as well as they face an empty lot next to Aulani so would have an unobstructed ocean view. Oddly I haven't seen any pictures of those on the DIS ... though only 1/3 of the rooms in that wing are open at the moment so maybe that's why. :confused3

I appreciate the info. I may just do all three and see if I can't be a given the best view possible.

Thanks again.

We are there May 6 for my daughters college graduation! We have booked a 2 bdrm OV for a week. Just found out her best friend who was going with us can't go now.:confused:

Enjoy your time with your son. They leave way too soon! Maybe we'll see you at the pool:)

JoEllen

JoEllen, hope to see you there. There will be eight of us. You'll have to join us for a celebratory drink. From what school is your daughter graduating?

I am soooo jealous of all of you... airfare to Hawaii is just too much for me on the East Coast for now.

Hope to get some cheap airfares soon!!

Hello all,

Do any of you know, or have experience with, trying to get an ocean view room that also over looks Waikolohe Valley? I would rather see the pool and ocean than see the Marriott's parking structure along with the ocean view.

If you want to request an Ocean View villa that overlooks Waikolohe Valley, then request an even-numbered room. Aulani's villas that are even numbered face 'inward', while the villas with odd numbers face away toward the island and/or the Marriott. By the way, Aulani's Grand Villas have odd numbers and face the ocean.

wdrl,

I, and I'm sure many others, appreciate all of the work you have done in getting the spreadsheet together for the villas at Aulani. I looked at your post with the spreadsheet and it has been a huge help with making my request for the best view at Aulani.

Thanks again for being the great "resident expert" here on the Dis-boards.

Our daughter just graduated from Seattle University. Woo Hoo!

Lot's to celebrate for our families. We'll look for a large party by the pool :thumbsup2

JoEllen

Our Son graduates on May 3rd and his Bday is the 6th. We will have a lot to celebrate at Aulani. Hope to see you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter