Aulani Starlit Hui

danjulia

Mouseketeer
What nights do they do the Starlit Hui at Aulani? Trying to figure out a few dinner reservations for my upcoming trip and don't want to miss is. Also, for those that have been to the shows at the Polynesian Cultural Center, does the Starlit Hui compare to their shows (i.e. should we bother with PCC)?

Thanks!!

I believe it is Monday, Thursday and a 3rd night which I don't have down because we weren't going to be there that night.....so that would mean Friday ? :confused3

What time did it start and end? Trying to time our dinner reservation. Thanks!

Monday and Thursday is what I remember from our trip last January as we missed it since we were only there for the weekend.

Just went to the show earlier tonight, it started at 7:30 (activities for the kids), show began at 8:00 and was completed at 9:00.

I thought the Starlit Hui was "good." There are some good acts but it is mostly activities for children.

PCC has the best production of the luau shows. On the downside, it is a long drive from Aulani and there is no booze.

Paradise Cove is the luau that native Hawaiians prefer, although I thought the show was better at PCC. The food is pretty good and there's plenty of booze. Also lots of fun activities for adults and kids. You can walk to Paradise Cove from Aulani in about 5 minutes.

Overall, I'd recommend Paradise Cove due to its location.

So for those of you have seen the Starlit Hui and have been to a luau, we were thinking of going to a luau, but have seen some reviews suggesting that the SH is just as good. What is the general opinion? Would my family be disappointed if we chose not to go to a luau in favor of the SH? We are a family of three. DH is 19.

We went to SH on Monday and we also are doing Paradise Cove (5 minute walk from Aulani) on Friday. They are both nice but very different. My husband and I both felt the SH is great for a younger audience, they have 30 minutes of crafts and activities for kids during the "pre show" and the performance is short and sweet.

We went to SH on Monday and we also are doing Paradise Cove (5 minute walk from Aulani) on Friday. They are both nice but very different. My husband and I both felt the SH is great for a younger audience, they have 30 minutes of crafts and activities for kids during the "pre show" and the performance is short and sweet.

I am still trying to decide which is a better option for us. My kids are older (15 and 18) so crafts and activities aren't important to them, but neither is the food. Especially for DD 15 who eats next to nothing :sad2: So for us it is all about the entertainment portion. Short and sweet is fine if the overall feel/experience is the same as the luau. However on the other hand we won't be back to Hawaii for quite sometime and want to make sure it is a memorable experience for the kids as well.

Thanks for any thoughts or comments.

We were not at all sorry that we decided to forego the luau. I also have a picky teen and the money would have been wasted on her food. We loved the Starlit Hui, and thought it was very tastefully done. We like short and sweet, so it was perfect for us and we didn't feel like we missed anything by not going to a luau. And we got to keep the money in our pockets (to spend at Aulani!).

I am still trying to decide which is a better option for us. My kids are older (15 and 18) so crafts and activities aren't important to them, but neither is the food. Especially for DD 15 who eats next to nothing :sad2: So for us it is all about the entertainment portion. Short and sweet is fine if the overall feel/experience is the same as the luau. However on the other hand we won't be back to Hawaii for quite sometime and want to make sure it is a memorable experience for the kids as well.

Thanks for any thoughts or comments.

We've done a number of luau's in the past and when we were at Aulani earlier this year we were planning to go to Paradise Cove on our last night, but ended up canceling. After seeing the Starlit Hui 2 times (it really is quite good) and spending the day at PCC where there's a lot of singing and dancing throughout the day, we didn't really feel like sitting through another show. However, I think the next time we go we will try the evening fire show at PCC. We've heard very good reviews and it's something you don't see at every luau. The one recommendation I would make is that I would book the show for later in your trip. A 7 pm show may sound like an early evening, but with the time difference and jet lag it can really make for a very long evening even for those of us who live in California. :goodvibes

At Aulani now and this week the SH was Thursday and again tonight (Tuesday) instead of Monday. Hope it helps!

I would avoid the Paradise Cove Luau and just do the SH.

The food was very over cooked and tasted like crap. The show is OK, but the SH is way better entertainment. :rolleyes1

What nights do they do the Starlit Hui at Aulani? Trying to figure out a few dinner reservations for my upcoming trip and don't want to miss is. Also, for those that have been to the shows at the Polynesian Cultural Center, does the Starlit Hui compare to their shows (i.e. should we bother with PCC)?

Thanks!!

We just got back and did all three (SH, PC, and PCC). I will say they are all different and do not compare with each other.

PC - We did the activities which were fun. Food was ok. Really enjoyed the show and the location really was a plus. You see dances from each of the islands.

PCC - Very interesting. No way to see everything in one day. Show was more a story. We did the Prime dinner but think we would have rather the Luau since it had some entertainment with it. Prime dinner was pretty good. Made for a long day. We left the resort at 10am and got back at 11pm.

SH - It was interesting. Probably my least favorite of the three shows but am glad to see it.

To me I was not as concern with the quality of the food but rather the experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter