Aulani & DL to meet Santa Update 06Jul12 Page 10 Christmas at Disney

You're back with a great update!

That Holiday Tour definitely sounds like a one-time must do; especially with Old Fogies around. Love the holiday mugs. What a great souvenir. :thumbsup2

ETA - Perfect update for Christmas in July time!

Thanks PIO, I have been absent for awhile. The first half of the year has just been crazy with husband working away from home for most of Jan to March and he is off again on Monday for four months. I just sadly did not have time to get on here. So my mission is to get this trip report done. My reward is to get back to your Hong Kong trip which I have started reading the pre trip report what seems like a long time ago. Type away Type away.

The mugs are great. We use them all the time. You can get them in the parks over Christmas but this was part of the tour price.

CHRISTMAS EVE!

Very excited. The presents are wrapped, we have a tree in the room. Dinner booked at the Blue Bayou. There is snow on the mountains that we can see from our suite in the distance. Closest I have been to a white Christmas. Doing well.

Made early entry and hit all our favourites early. Rode everything in Fantasyland before official opening. In line for Fastpasses for Star Tours before 8, rode Buzz to fill in time before 8.20 Space Mountain availability. Headed back to Frontierland, Big Thunder, Pirates, Indy, Jungle Cruise then Splash Mountain before taking a break and heading back to the Hotel to wash and enjoy the pool.

Our dinner reservation for Blue Bayou was at 5pm. Caught the monorail back in and used Star Tours and Space Mountain fastpasses before hitting the Bayou. On checking in I requested a seat by the water. I was told we would have over an hours wait. Everyone was warned that we were sitting by the water and it would take as long as it took, thats why I booked early. Well 25 minutes later we were sitting by the water watching fire flies.

Christmas Eve was my grandparents wedding anniversary and eating seafood is part of the tradition of the evening. We had a truly wonderful time. The boys had Jambalaya for entree and then Surf and Turf for main. They had a roast special which we opted for which was lovely. This was the perfect way to spend the evening. We headed out into New Orleans Square and enjoyed the lights and atmosphere. We rode Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder at night before heading back to the hotel to get ready for our visit from the Big Red Man.

P1110086.jpg

We awoke to children screaming, HE CAME HE CAME!

Grandpa had already snuck over to Concierge to bring back coffee's BLESS HIM

Let the unwrapping begin. Santa's lots was demolished and there were some amazed and happy faces. Thank goodness we had started with an empty case to gather the booty on the way. The girls had packed their stockings and they too were filled to the brim.

We then all exchanged gifts for each other. We had set a $20 limit per gift which had been fun collecting along the way.

The girls played with their goodies and Grandpa did another coffee run. Our plan for the day was to experience the parks and go with the flow. And that is what we did. If we didn't go on a ride that was fine.

We just made breakfast over at Concierge. We then dawdled down Downtown Disney. The girls climbed on the lego bricks. All Grandpa had wanted for Christmas was Jimmny Cricket but he did not arrive, but lo and behold he was on the trash can the Grandpa was resting on waiting for the photos.

For a Christmas gift I had purchased memory bricks before they closed last February for each family. I had wrapped the replicas and put them under the tree. Everyone was very keen to find our brick. During the week their had been lots of conversations about how cool it would be to have a brick. I told them you couldn't get them anymore and they were all a little sad.

Our bricks are right under the monorail track centre front to the entrance so each day a little bit of me is right there.

IMG_0348.jpg

View of Disneyland from our bricks.

Inside we went and for once visited the Gallery just inside the right entrance. We had so much fun in here looking at all the memorabilia. We then stopped for more coffee on our way to the candy shop. Morning Tea for the girls were sherbert sticks. Must tell you wandering down Main Street at 11am is much better than peeling potatoes for Christmas lunch. I might be a tad depressed this year.

Next stop Frontierland. We entered off the hub. None of us had every done the Golden Horseshoe and we timed it perfectly for a show. Well what a laugh. Grandma even got the CD to take home with her. It was a lovely way to spend an hour. We got a chilli bowl from the Horseshoe Restaurant and Fries and sat on a bench overlooking the Rivers of America.

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Christmas Lunch

We decided it was time to visit the Pirates Lair and spent over an hour running around and trying all the bits and pieces. I love sitting and watching everyone at the bottom of Splash Mountain.

We headed back to the mainland and picked up some Churro's, should be a staple part of any Christmas Day. The lines were very long and fastpasses gone. If we had got to the park first thing like normal we would have been fine, but we knew that we were forgoing the rides today for just the ambience and fun.

We caught some of the Christmas Parade before heading back to the hotel to change for dinner. The kids fitted in a quick swim and a play session before heading over to the Grand Californian Hotel's Storytellers Cafe for Dinner.

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

We had roast meats, potato mash, rice sides, pasta sides and we sat by an fireplace and it was just lovely. A very special Christmas Day indeed.

Personalised Bricks :thumbsup2, chilli, pirates, parade and storytellers with the extended family. Compared with peeling potatoes by yourself for Christmas lunch.

Yes....that is a hard choice indeed.

Fantastic that your family is now immortalised in brickwork at the Happiest place on Earth.

(And I don't have much typing left on my HK TR.)

good to see your back hard at it!

awesome pics.....and you'll have to give us more info on tom and the hollywood tour....

so excited to be going as well next year.....now back to finishing your trip report:cool2:

:thumbsup2 I :love: your update, it all sounds so wonderful DL at Christmas time:cloud9: is so on my bucket list pulls on the heart strings;)
Glad to see you got the Lego:)

Great updates! What a wonderful Christmas! The tour sounds fantastic and how smart of you to have the foresight to get the personalized brick. Very special indeed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter