Aulani & DL to meet Santa Update 06Jul12 Page 10 Christmas at Disney

Glad you had a great flight. Lunch on the beach, swimming with dolphins. Bliss! Looking forward to seeing photos, have a great time!

have fun swimming with the dolphins. good to hear you had good service with Qantas.

So our flight from Brisbane was late which meant that our tight connection in Sydney was cutting it close. Grandma and Grandpa were waiting at our gate for us. It was supposed to be the other way around, they had got an earlier flight from Melbourne.

We caught the shuttle from domestic to international easy enough, as we passed our plane from Brisbane on the tarmac I joked to DH I hope our bags make it...:lmao:

We quickly cleared immigration and without a spare moment grabbed some McDonalds before jumping on board. Despite no inseat entertainment the flight passed by quickly. There was a lot of turbulence but the crew were great about it. Slept for most of it and actually landed 30 minutes early. However they parked us at the furthest gate I promise and that 30 minutes was taken up with the walk to customs. We cleared this very quickly. On board the flight attendants gave us an arrival card for each person and on the form it says one per family. We only need to fill one per family.

Off to get our bags. Grandma and Grandpas were waiting as they are Silver Status members, ours were nowhere to be seen. The lovely and friendly Hawaiian ground staff asked me as I approached who are you on my list:rotfl:

Our bags were following on the Hawaiian airlines flight and would be delivered to the hotel as soon as they had passed customs.

Out to meet our transfer. I had arranged a lei arrival and we were all met with hugs and orchid and frangipani lei's. The smell was amazing and the girls grins were from ear to ear. Before we knew it we were at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Our rooms were not ready yet however they would put a priority on them as soon as those in them checked out.

We headed straight to the restaurant by the beachfront and they were nearly ready to serve lunch. Fish and chips, burgers and pizzas were all ordered with cokes. Certainly reminded us where we had landed.

We then went exploring the hotel grounds. Four days later we are still deliver paths.

IMG_0052.jpg

P1030895.jpg

The lobby

P1030898.jpg

The Superpool

To be continued

I knew there would be wildlife but walking around the koi ponds we also found

P1100511.jpg

Turtles that can be feed daily

Who live with

P1100500.jpg

Penguins who can also be feed daily.

The girls loved the
P1100502.jpg

Flamingoes.

It is like our own personal zoo.

By this time it is after 12 and we are fading. I had packed our togs in the outside pockets of our cases to make it really easy to grab them and swim the afternoon away. Note to self, in hand luggage from now on.:idea:

Grandpa suggested ice cream. DH wanted an iced coffee. Not thinking well he got this:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

IMG_0056.jpg

And yes it tasted as bad as it looks.

We decided to head to the lobby of our tower and they quickly took pity on us and one of our rooms was ready. And just 5 minutes later the bags arrived from their own special journey across the Pacific.

P1030905.jpg

The view was hard to take. We have adjoining rooms which is great.

We then headed to the pool in our tower for a swim as it is only 2.30 and it is far too early to crash. Big people all had a swim during which time the other room became ready. Beers and cocktails were ordered to christen the holiday.

Headed to a Denny's down the road for dinner as I knew that EVERYONE would find something on the menu to eat when really tired. It certainly surpassed expectations. Everyone walked away very happy and with a bill of $70 for the 6 of us with drinks and mains it was a great start.

Back to the hotel and we all quickly fell asleep at 7.30.

A great start to our holiday in paradise I say.

IMG_0058.jpg

Can't wait to see and read more, hope you guys continue having a great trip! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Now I know that I left packing to the last minute but we did deliberately pack light knowing that we would shop. DH was the worst so it was a case of shop or nothing for him to wear the next day.

After waking and grabbing Starbucks downstairs we caught the bus to Ala Moana for breakfast at the food court before shopping. We all went to start with to get some ideas from the children for Christmas.

In Macy's DD2 wrote a letter to Santa to again remind him that he could find us at Disneyland.

IMG_0061.jpg

She also fell in love with Harry Potter Lego at the Lego Store. It was the saddest thing you have every seen. Clinging to the box. Sure hope they have them in Anaheim when we get there.:worship:

IMG_0063.jpg

Grandpa and Grandpa took them back to the pool and we DH and I got down to some serious shopping. We stopped at Panda Express for Orange Chicken for lunch before more work. Shorts, shirts, socks, jackets, togs... it was never ending. For a non shopper like DH it was extreme torture.

We returned to the hotel at 5pm. We got changed for dinner and as we headed it out it poured with rain. Grandpa suggested the Bali Steakhouse on site. Would have taken photos but not really appropriate. Wedding parties all around us. Grandma and DD1 had Fish and Chips which DD1 did not eat and grandma couldn't blame her. A really strong taste. DH had the steak and lobster. He just loved it, Grandpa had the Bali Seafood Medley which disappeared. I had a Hawaiian chicken which was lovely. It would have been great if we had planned on going there, however it was a bit of shock and we all probably did not quite get into the right frame of mind to enjoy. The view of the water was beautiful. A lovely place for a romantic or special meal, not a quick meal for hungry tired people.

. DH wanted an iced coffee. Not thinking well he got this:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

IMG_0056.jpg

And yes it tasted as bad as it looks.

omg, the same happened to Carlo in NYC. went to the lobby bar & ordered an iced coffee. paid up front, then got handed a cup of hot coffee which had been poured over ice. :( he tasted it, and made such a grotesque face. trina then was like... wait, i need a photo of that... gets out the camera and demands he try it again.. and he did :rotfl: blech.

hope he manages to find a real 'iced coffee' somewhere. carlo learnt to ask for an iced frappucino or iced mochacino, lol.

that last shot of the sun & the palms and the beach? swoon!!! so gorgeous. hope you're having an amazing time :)

omg, the same happened to Carlo in NYC. went to the lobby bar & ordered an iced coffee. paid up front, then got handed a cup of hot coffee which had been poured over ice. :( he tasted it, and made such a grotesque face. trina then was like... wait, i need a photo of that... gets out the camera and demands he try it again.. and he did :rotfl: blech.

hope he manages to find a real 'iced coffee' somewhere. carlo learnt to ask for an iced frappucino or iced mochacino, lol.

that last shot of the sun & the palms and the beach? swoon!!! so gorgeous. hope you're having an amazing time :)

Thanks Alicia

He has his American coffee ordering back on track now. He should know better. He describes it more as left cold in the pot all day and then poured over ice.

We just got back from walking along the beach to dinner and watched the sun drop into the ocean... a camera was not to be had between any of us, the phone was even on charge in the room. Tomorrow night I shall capture the moment.

We are really unwinding and relaxing which is great. Three more nights here before we head to Aulani for some pre Mickey training and then DL here we come. Not really worrying when that will happy, just loving the day to day of here. My head is already working out how to come back:eek:

You really are being naughty forgetting the camera :) but I'm so happy you are relaxing lots. Sometimes these holidays of ours are more marathons than relaxing so it's good that you are slowing down and enjoying yourself.

Today was the day to head along Waikiki and spend some time at the beach. We walked along Kalakaua Avenue down towards the Diamond Head end of the beach.

DD2 enjoyed stopping at the lights to read the Hawaiian words set in the paving with their meaning. She is a visual child and loved stopping to watch a man weave hats and other creations on the street as we wandered along.

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

We reached the International Market Place and in we went. DD1 spotted Water Ball Activity. Well that was it. Well we have never laughed so hard at our little guinea pigs. For $10 each it was a great 20 minutes of entertainment not only for us but for all walking past and them too. They certainly drummed up some business.

P1030914.jpg

P1030911.jpg

P1030916.jpg

By now the call of the beach (and the nagging of children) was too much, so we bought some towels from the friendly ABC Store and headed across the street.

At last heaven, I was on first watch.

IMG_0071.jpg

P1030922.jpg

The girls entering the water and finally

My view from the towel,

IMG_0069.jpg

Just heaven. We had lots of fun throwing around a ball, watching schools of fish and crabs swimming around. The Honolulu Marathon had been on so lots of runners were walking back to their hotels with their bright orange finisher shirts on. Many stopped to dip their toes into the water.

Mid afternoon we headed back to your hotel with the mindset of heading back to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We walked back to find that we would have a 1.5 hour wait. The girls were very tired and so Grandpa took us back to Denny's (we sense a theme developing). I was very naughty and ate Red Velvet Dumplings and had a piece of Pumpkin Pie for dessert. Just yummy.

After dinner the girls on a sugar high from dessert decided on a late night swim which was lots of fun, listening to the band, with firelit torches, a lounge chair and the pool almost to themselves.

Another wonderful day...

wow, that trip sounds amazing. and it makes me want to go lie down and relax!

sounds like you're having the time of your lives. those water ball thingys looked like heaps of fun.

wow, that trip sounds amazing. and it makes me want to go lie down and relax!

sounds like you're having the time of your lives. those water ball thingys looked like heaps of fun.

Our trip in April was on the go all the time which was great and we loved but this one was all about stopping and unwinding with no major plans, just possibilities. So far so good....

Off to have a cocktail with DH.

Will be back soon with more...

Mia

Oh My gosh it all looks so nice another place to add to the bucket list it looks so relaxing :love:
:rotfl: iced coffee and hot tea they just don't get the concept real well do they :rotfl2:

Your post is making me even more excited for our trip in four weeks. Was showing DS 14 the photos before and he said to me "I'm so excited mum". I am too. Was telling DD 11 about your trip to Ala Moana and how you had Panda Express orange chicken for lunch and she yelled excitedly "do they have one there?" I said yes that's actually the first place we ever ate it, in the food court at Ala Moana. Think she's forgotten that one but remembers it from Anaheim. We've had it for dinner on our last to Disney trips. Can't wait to read more. What is the temperature like? You also have me pricing the Hilton Hawaiian Village (in my dreams) thought we could do it maybe two out of our 12 nights but that's just silly and then DS said "Why are you worried about having a waterslide when there's a beach right there?". Good point but I do love me a waterslide :yay:

Thank you for the beautiful pics. :cloud9: Sounds like you are having a great trip.

Oh I can't wait for Hawaii! Don't get me wrong I am looking forward to our WDW and WWoHP Adventure but our 10 days in Honolulu right on the beach is the real holiday.

Our two cases have become five and we are off to Aulani this morning.

Getting a little excited. Shall update this evening.

Sorry I've been MIA!!! ;)

Your trip sounds a perfect dream so far and you have the pictures to match. Hope Aulani turns out to be all you wished and planned for. :goodvibes

Iced Coffee???? Really?? I had no idea that there was such a thing as coffee in the US.

Sorry I've been MIA!!! ;)

Your trip sounds a perfect dream so far and you have the pictures to match. Hope Aulani turns out to be all you wished and planned for. :goodvibes

Iced Coffee???? Really?? I had no idea that there was such a thing as coffee in the US.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Good Coffee, oh how I dream...

The price you pay.... Aulani is wonderful, uploading some photos now.

Glad you are back from MIA!!!! ;)

Mia

We did start the day on the beach, with Grandpa and DH taking the girls out on paddle bikes. The girls had seen them on day one and would not stop asking so check OFF THE LIST. Hardwork but they did have fun. Grandma and I watched sitting with our backs against a palm tree.

P1030930.jpg

The girls have also wanted to try snorkelling so we went and bought some cheap ones from the ABC Store for $12 instead of hiring them. We left them with the boys at the pool lagoon and back to Ala Moana went Grandma and I.

A successful mission with Christmas just about wrapped up. One more trip should do it so that I can actually think about me. So self centred I know. The plan was to do this after dinner.

DH phoned to say that he was leaving the hotel and on his way to meet as at Ala Moana to try Bubba Gump's for dinner. Fingers crossed they all like it. I tried to get the girls to watch Forrest Gump before we left but no.

Awesome feed with an awesome server, I think a server can really make or break your experience. He sat at the table with us to take our orders and played Forrest Gump trivia with us.

DH had the crab stuffed shrimp and they were beautiful. We had a margarita with a corona in top which replaced the margarita with corona as we drank. Just a little wrong.

IMG_0080-1.jpg

DD1 had calamari and as she told us how wrong it was to eat baby octopus she just kept shoving them in her mouth. DH and Grandpa were so proud

DD2 ordered dessert which DH agreed to share. On the menu it looked as big as a coffee cup, well it took all six of us to finish it. There were bits of snickers in the icecream. It was a special menu item. Just yum.

IMG_0082.jpg

Grandma and Grandpa took the shopping and the children back to the hotel for DH and I do shop some more for us. After a big meal and waiting for an hour for the kids to finish their shopping we were over it and came home with nothing extra.

I can't believe I was shopped out. A Christmas miracle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts