August cruisers--I have questions

cpdrn7

DIS Veteran
When you visited CC did you see jelly fish? Did you use sea-safe? I am debating on purchasing it early or waiting to see if I need it while there.Do they sell it on CC?
I thought like there is a season like the jelly fish are more often seen --does anyone know if there is any truth to that?
Thanks so much in advance!!!

We did the 3 day once in November and the 7 day for the last 2 years in August...we never had a problem with the jelly fish nor did we see any.....they told us the reason most people get stung is they stop and rest in the shallow grassy areas while they are snorkeling.....and that is when they get stung. I saw a hand full of people with there legs wrapped in bandages. We swam through some of the shallow parts and the grasses did thouch us. I guess we just lucked out. My advice is just stay out of the grass and you will be fine ;)

Have a great cruise!

Travis

We've cruised in May, August and in September. Never had a problem with jellyfish at all. HTH

We have cruised DCL in Jan, Feb, Mar, May, Jul, Aug, Oct and never had any jellyfish problems at any of the islands including CC.

MJ

When snorkeling at CC we've always used sea safe and never had any problems (prevention helps)

August isn't the time for sea lice - I believe that it is in the springtime that the sea lice are more active.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter