August Crowds

tlrotzoll

DIS Veteran
Probably a dumb question, but I am going to ask it anyway. What are the crowds like in Aug? If we went, we would definately stay onsite, therefore, we would have the FOTL passes. Should I stay away from this & do a long weekend through the school year. I must admit, I am not a patient person & typically will not wait for lines over 40 mins. I know, I know, may seem dumb. I am just not patient. What are your thoughts?

Probably a dumb question, but I am going to ask it anyway. What are the crowds like in Aug? If we went, we would definately stay onsite, therefore, we would have the FOTL passes. Should I stay away from this & do a long weekend through the school year. I must admit, I am not a patient person & typically will not wait for lines over 40 mins. I know, I know, may seem dumb. I am just not patient. What are your thoughts?
I would definately suggest staying onsite in August not only because of the unlimited Express access but you would be able to go back to the room for a nap or swim in the pool...anything to get out of the heat for a while.

I would definately suggest staying onsite in August not only because of the unlimited Express access but you would be able to go back to the room for a nap or swim in the pool...anything to get out of the heat for a while.

Thanks Metro!:thumbsup2 Now I have to talk my husband into booking another trip. ;)

i have gone twice at the end of august and did not find large crowds there.
i'm talking about august 26 and after.

i agree with metro about the heat.

after doing universal for years for when my kids were in school, i now try to avoid the typical crowded times for the park, even when i stay on site.

We go every August - midddle of the month and never have it be really crowded. We always stay at the HRH and take advantage of the FOTL even though the lines aren't bad. As for the heat, we have never really had a problem since basically all of the attractions are inside and well air conditioned. Since the parks aren't overly large, the walk between attractions isn't bad. Just make sure to drink enough.

crowds will be dramatically reduced once the florida schools open which is often in mid-august and gradually reduce more as other school sessions open around the country. The park hours also shorten during this period as well quite rapidly from 10pm to 8 to 7 to 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter