August 28, 2006

lauren_elizabeth

Disney World Lover
Has anyone been the last week in August to Disney? It's the start of a value season, so the rates are really low and I know alot of schools are already back in school.

How are the crowds? Moderate? Unbearable? :confused3

This is the best time for us to go because it's value season, but the kids are off from school...and yes, most of the rest of the country is back to school by then. We went the last week of August 2004, and it was GREAT! Low crowds, nice weather (though HOT, it was no hotter than it was at home that week)! I have to mention that we were sandwiched between two hurricanes, so that is a consideration, but it's unlikely. Friends of ours stayed down a few days later than we did and experienced Frances (I think)?

Don't tell anyone else how great that week is! ;)

I was at the World the last week in August 2005 and had an amazing time! Weather was EXTREMELY hot but the crowds were TOTALLY bearable! Go for it! :smooth:

The end of August is great! We were also there in 8/04 and will be there 8/23-8/31/06! The crowds are great - very little wait if any. We got to all of the restaurants 30 minutes before our reservations and were seated right away. Our schools don't go back until after Labor Day so that is a plus for us. Be prepared to drink lots of water and dress lightly. :cool1:

Have a great time!

p.s. I have a Lauren Elizabeth at my house! :cheer2: :cheer2:

heidiboo said:
The end of August is great! We were also there in 8/04 and will be there 8/23-8/31/06! The crowds are great - very little wait if any. We got to all of the restaurants 30 minutes before our reservations and were seated right away. Our schools don't go back until after Labor Day so that is a plus for us. Be prepared to drink lots of water and dress lightly. :cool1:

Have a great time!

p.s. I have a Lauren Elizabeth at my house! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Lauren Elizabeth is a GREAT name! ;) Yeah, our schools don't go back till after Labor Day also, so I figured it'd be a good week to go down to Disney World. I love when the crowds are low and you don't have to stand in line all day long to ride one thing. It just makes everything so much more enjoyable!

Thanks for the input! :)

The last time I went in August was a little earlier in the month and it was very low crowds, nice weather (but hot) and I'd definately go again at this time. I also did go the very last week of August once and found the same. That was years ago though and I don't recall specifics.

We go every year at the end of August. It's value season for one. It's pretty hot but no hotter then up home in Jersey. The crowds are smaller.

I just can't take the kids out of school. Too much work to make up. It's not worth it.

But August is a great time to go. I love foing at that time.

I really would love it anytime. It's Disney, as long as you're there, who cares when it is!!!

The crowds were fine, just watch out for the hurricanes. We just left the day before one hit.

lauren_elizabeth said:
Has anyone been the last week in August to Disney? It's the start of a value season, so the rates are really low and I know alot of schools are already back in school.

How are the crowds? Moderate? Unbearable? :confused3

It's me again, Disney Crazy Debbie, Woodbridge. We also have been to WDW in August before. In 2000 I took my DS, 10 at the time, out of school for two days in mid-September which was a Friday and a Monday. We flew down on a Thursday evening and were ready to go on Friday morning and stayed until around 2:00 pm on Monday at the CBR. The weather was great but hot and it was his first trip and the crowds were light.

In 2004 we went back at the first value week in August and stayed at the POFQ for a week. Again the weather was hot and I only recall it raining hard one afternoon for about an hour. The crowds were bearable so we have decided that that time of year works well for us especially since DS is now 16.

You have chosen well, the only caution would be MK on the week-ends, which can be crowded with AP holders, etc.

Could the hot weather last year could have been due to the hurricanes or is it just hot because it's August? The two times we have been it was in July and it hot. 2003 didn't seem so bad, more of a different kind of heat than in Oklahoma. Last year was just ridiculous! I would fix my hair before we would head out for the day. By the time we walked through the lobby to catch the bus, it looked like I hadn't done anything to my hair! :rotfl2:

Hi I'm a complete newbee and was just reading this thread as I have booked my families first disney holiday at pop century for the end of august. The lack of large crowds sounds great, but the idea of hurricanes sounds worrying as we dont get to many of those in Northern Ireland

We went the last week of August 2005. We never waited more that 10 minutes for any ride. The weather was hot, but not any worse than in Jersey. We're going back again Aug 28 to Sept 1 this year. I wouldn't go at any other time of the year :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter