August 2020 Trip - trying to move discount to Summer 2021 - anyone have luck with this?

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We are currently scheduled for last week of August, because I work in NY, the Florida quarantine will not allow me to go to work for two weeks - no way I can miss work so I have to cancel.

I called Disney this morning - they said that my discount would only be good for 2020 (I had originally booked a bouncback during our stay in 8/2019.) I have no vacation time for the rest of this year so I can't move it to 2020.

Has anyone had any luck getting their discount moved to summer of 2021?

Part of the problem might be I had a bounceback for a 1 bedroom villa - and as i'm not a DVC member the villas are not out yet for summer 2021.

Thanks for any help with this, Marina So sad to be cancelling our trip!!

From reading past posts during pandemic Disney has not extended discounts to future dates. There were threads and people were upset but Disney did not extend the discount so your answer is probably a big NO.

Has anyone had any luck getting their discount moved to summer of 2021?

No and it doesn’t matter what kind of room reservation or discount you currently have. I haven’t read one report of anyone getting their discount moved to 2021. There have been lots of posts from people asking if their current discount can be carried forward, or complaining that Disney didn’t allow it. They need have to have enough park slots for guests & may still need to figure in distancing in hotels, restaurants, transportation & parks. Plus people are booking at rack rate, so Disney won’t discount until they need to.

I have already cancelled 2 trips this year & anticipate having to cancel our September trip too. All those trips were booked with discounts, including a bounceback rate, so I lost 3 different discounts. I definitely understand. Hopefully there willl be discounts offered next summer for all of us.

I couldn't move my late August 2020 to 2021. FWIW I booked FD BB 8/2019 for 8/2020. That got changed of course to 35% room discount no dining. I called and was able to drop the park tix (I have non-AP tickets already) and keep 35% RO discount. But I wasn't able to keep that discount if I changed the dates. (I wanted to move the dates earlier in August, so the kids will have 2 weeks for quarantine after the trip before school starts.) With apparent capacity available in August, I was surprised. They quoted me rack rate for earlier in August and just said no to 2021 dates.

I tried to move my trip from June 28 - July 3, 2020 to 2021 that I had the basic free dining plan with and the answer was no. I could not keep my discount for 2021. I could find other dates in 2020 and have a 35% discount due to the original free dining but that would not be effective with any 2021 dates.

We were not able too. Had a free dining bounce back booked for the 1st two weeks of August. Tried to move the now "35%" discount to 2021 and was told not possible. We wound up just cancelling the trip. (First time not going in 15+ years).

So now were on the looking for summer 2021 discounts. Here's hoping.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter