August 2020 - 9 days of masks

omniscientmommy

DIS Veteran
So we are planning to stay at Saratoga Springs 8/14 - 8/22. We have to get up at 4am our time for our flight from Wisconsin. We leave 6am out time and land at 10am on 8/14 and plan to take ME to the resort. I know there's no luggage service 😥 but we'll make it work. Probably better that there isn't since we prefer to have our luggage on hand versus it showing up later. I do have a reservation for HS that day but we'll see how everyone's feeling after travelling. Overall we plan to make this a very relaxed trip with lunches and rests in the middle of the day.
Day 1 - possibly HS
Day 2 - Epcot, Dinner at Biergarten
Day 3 - MK lunch at Skipper Canteen
Day 4 - HS lunch at Mama Melrose's
Day 5 - MK lunch at Liberty Tree
Day 6 - AK lunch at Yak & Yeti
Day 7 - HS
Day 8 - AK lunch at T-REX at DS
Day 9 - leaving late evening no plans yet

Duke07

Earning My Ears
I'm also planning on going that same week, likely staying at AK. Our concerns are mostly around food (lunch and dinners)...how have you found meal planning with the restricted dining options?

KathyM2

DIS Veteran
Following along. So curious to hear more about what it's like now since I probably won't get to experience first hand being Canadian!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

omniscientmommy

DIS Veteran
I'm also planning on going that same week, likely staying at AK. Our concerns are mostly around food (lunch and dinners)...how have you found meal planning with the restricted dining options?
I managed to find reservations for one table service meal everyday. We only have one larger meal and usually try to make it a late breakfast or lunch. Cost wise it's usually less expensive than dinners at a TS restaurant and normally we're ready for a break after 3 hours in a park. We then just do snacks and QS for everything else.

omniscientmommy

DIS Veteran
So we are now 8 days out. I haven't started packing like I normally do. We still haven't told the kids. DH thinks we shouldn't tell them at all until we are leaving. Reason 1 being that we still feel it could always get cancelled. Reason 2 ds6 will ask non stop when are we leaving and bug the crap out of us. Reason 3 we are leaving at like 4am next week Friday and fear the kids won't sleep. We have done 1 surprise visit in the past but they didn't really get excited until we were 'at Disney'. That's when it really sunk in and they got EXCITED pixiedust:. So we're waiting. Fingers crossed it works out.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.