August 19th, 2023 - 7-Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Southampton (Amsterdam, Skjolden, Nordfjordeid, Sandnes)

We are planning on hikes to local waterfall in Skjolden since only a short amount of time in port, the briksdal glacier and hike there (very scenic) . For mecjarvik we are torn , most of the ships park right in downtime stavangar, we are getting stuck in an industrial port area. Would like to just stroll through stavangar , but really worried about getting a taxi from that port area , why doesn’t Disney offer something Like “stavangar on your own”? Lots of shops , restaurants, a few museums etc in stavangar

We are planning on hikes to local waterfall in Skjolden since only a short amount of time in port, the briksdal glacier and hike there (very scenic) . For mecjarvik we are torn , most of the ships park right in downtime stavangar, we are getting stuck in an industrial port area. Would like to just stroll through stavangar , but really worried about getting a taxi from that port area , why doesn’t Disney offer something Like “stavangar on your own”? Lots of shops , restaurants, a few museums etc in stavangar
I wonder if Disney will offer a free shuttle to/from Stavanger. They've had free shuttles in other ports like Helsinki and Juneau... although those were 5-10 minutes away from port vs 20.

Hello! All booked and so excited! First ever cruise and we have a 2 girls (2&11) any tips? Or advice? How do we make it the most magical? ❤️

Hello! All booked and so excited! First ever cruise and we have a 2 girls (2&11) any tips? Or advice? How do we make it the most magical? ❤️
Missrawson, this will be our second DCL cruise, and the first one was magical for our son without even trying! The restaurants are amazing, and he especially loved the kids club and getting a prince makeover!

Hello! We booked our port adventures last night and got most of what we wanted, yay! We've booked a DCL tour in Stavanger, but we actually want to leave the tour mid-way, hang out in Stavanger on our own for a few hours, and then take a taxi back. Hoping that won't be a problem?

Any tips on pre booking, I've been told things book up fast, we would like a child free dinner at remys but not sure if the under 3's nursary will book out fast.

Hello! We booked our port adventures last night and got most of what we wanted, yay! We've booked a DCL tour in Stavanger, but we actually want to leave the tour mid-way, hang out in Stavanger on our own for a few hours, and then take a taxi back. Hoping that won't be a problem?
Ooooo how did you book the tour please?

Any tips on pre booking, I've been told things book up fast, we would like a child free dinner at remys but not sure if the under 3's nursary will book out fast.

Missrawson, if you are a first-time cruiser, you won't be able to book port adventures until June 5th, via the Disney Cruise website or app. We are Silver since it's our second cruise, so we got to book today.

Ooooo how did you book the tour please?
If this is your first Disney cruise, you can book port adventures, nursery time, Palo/Remy, etc at 75 days before (opens at midnight.)

The Silver Castaway Cay level (1-4 completed Disney cruises) was able to book last night at 90 days. There are a couple port adventures sold out (I just missed out on the Rotterdam windmill one, I think there was 1 spot left as I couldn't book a party of 2 and it says sold out now), as well as most drink tastings on the sea days (except the bourbon/cognac/whiskey ones). Palo/Remy brunches were mostly sold out, but dinner still had plenty of availability.

We booked port adventures last night.
Rotterdam --Delft Pottery
Skjolden--Norwegian Mountain world
Nordfjordeid --Briksdal glacier
Mekjarvik--Hike to pulpit rock (DH and I), Surroundings of Stavanger adults only (my adult kids)

Didn't book anything else.

Available port adventures as of 5/21/23--please note availability may change before booking period opens for first timers!!!

Rotterdam:
  • Delft Pottery Workshop and Delft City (RTM11)​

• Cultural
    • 5.5 Hours to 6 Hours,
    • $79 (ages 5 to 9), $149 (age 10 and up)

• Harbor Tour Rotterdam (RTM02)​

• Sightseeing, Cultural
    • 1.5 Hours to 2 Hours,
    • $29 (ages 0 to 2), $29 (ages 3 to 9), $49 (age 10 and up)

• Historical Tram Tour (RTM01)​

• Sightseeing, Cultural
    • 2.5 Hours to 3 Hours,
    • $44 (ages 3 to 9), $84 (age 10 and up)

• Rotterdam Sightseeing (RTM04)​

• Sightseeing, Cultural
    • 3 Hours to 3.5 Hours,
    • $24 (ages 3 to 9), $44 (age 10 and up)

• Rotterdam Splash Boat Tour (RTM06)​

• Sightseeing, Splashtacular, Cultural
    • 1.5 Hours to 2 Hours,
    • $39 (ages 0 to 2), $39 (ages 3 to 9), $69 (age 10 and up)

• Rotterdam Zoo - On Your Own (RTM08)​

• Sightseeing, Cultural
    • 5.5 Hours to 6 Hours,
    • $44 (ages 3 to 9), $89 (age 10 and up)

Last edited:
Skjolden:
  • Norwegian Mountain World (SLN02)​

• Nature, Sightseeing
    • 6.5 Hours to 7 Hours,
    • $119 (ages 3 to 9), $239 (age 10 and up)

• Scenic Jotunheimen (SLN03)​

• Nature
    • 2 Hours to 2.5 Hours,
    • $44 (ages 3 to 9), $79 (age 10 and up)

• Sognefjell Mountain Scenery (SLN04)​

• Nature
    • 3.5 Hours to 4 Hours,
    • $59 (ages 3 to 9), $109 (age 10 and up)
  • Solvorn and Kaupanger Stave Church (SLN05)​

• Nature, Sightseeing
    • 3.5 Hours to 4 Hours,
    • $69 (ages 3 to 9), $129 (age 10 and up)

Urnes Stave Church (SLN08)​

• Nature, Sightseeing
    • 2.5 Hours to 3 Hours,
    • $59 (ages 3 to 9), $109 (age 10 and up)

Nordfjordeid:

• Briksdal Glacier (NFD01)​

• Active, Nature
    • 6.5 Hours to 7 Hours,
    • $79 (ages 3 to 9), $149 (age 10 and up)

• Helicopter Sightseeing (NFD06)
    • Signature Collection
    • 1 Hours to 1.5 Hours,
    • $579 (age 12 and up)
  • Home Visit to Skarhaug (NFD10)​

• 3 Hours to 3.5 Hours,
    • $59 (ages 8 to 9), $114 (age 10 and up)

• Nave Deer Farm (NFD09)​

• Nature
    • 3.5 Hours to 4 Hours,
    • $79 (ages 3 to 9), $119 (age 10 and up)

• Rib Tour (NFD04)​

• Nature, Signature Collection, Splashtacular
    • 1.5 Hours to 2 Hours,
    • $199 (ages 6 to 9), $209 (age 10 and up)

• Scenic Lake Stryn (NFD03)​

• Nature
    • 5.5 Hours to 6 Hours,
    • $79 (ages 3 to 9), $179 (age 10 and up)

• Visit to the Norwegian Fjord Horse Centre (NFD07)​

• Nature
    • 3 Hours to 3.5 Hours,
    • $149 (ages 3 to 9), $249 (age 10 and up)

Mekjarvik (Stavanger):
  • Hike to Pulpit Rock (MEK05)​

• Nature, Cultural
    • 7.5 Hours to 8 Hours,
    • $139 (age 12 and up)

• Stavanger Helicopter Sightseeing (MEK06)​

• Nature, Sightseeing
    • 1.5 Hours,
    • $399 (ages 2 to 9), $399 (age 10 and up)

• Stavanger Old & New (MEK03)​

• Sightseeing, Cultural
    • 4 Hours to 4.5 Hours,

• Stavanger Sightseeing & Maritime Museum with Family Boat Building (MEK09)​

• Sightseeing, Signature Collection, Cultural
    • 4 Hours to 4.5 Hours,
    • $49 (ages 3 to 9), $109 (age 10 and up)

• Surroundings of Stavanger (MEK04)​

• Nature, Sightseeing, Cultural
    • 4 Hours to 4.5 Hours,

• Surroundings of Stavanger - Adult Only Departure (MEK14)​

• Nature, Sightseeing, Cultural
    • 4 Hours to 4.5 Hours,
    • $89 (age 18 and up)

• Vitenfabrikken - The Science Factory in Sandnes (MEK42)​

• Cultural
    • 5.5 Hours to 6 Hours,
    • $34 (ages 3 to 9), $74 (age 10 and up)

• Walk Through Historic Stavanger (MEK07)​

• Sightseeing, Cultural
    • 3 Hours to 3.5 Hours,
    • $29 (ages 3 to 9), $49 (age 10 and up)

• Walk Through Historic Stavanger - Adult Only Departure (MEK15)​

• Sightseeing, Cultural
    • 3 Hours to 3.5 Hours,
    • $49 (age 18 and up)

Can I ask what people are packing for clothes, weather wise (first cruise) it's August but its Norway 😂 also not sure about weather at sea? Thank you all for your help. I'll be a pro next time

Can I ask what people are packing for clothes, weather wise (first cruise) it's August but its Norway 😂 also not sure about weather at sea? Thank you all for your help. I'll be a pro next time
We're going to pack like we did for our DCL Alaska cruise. Jeans, t shirts (including matching Disney ones for the ship), extra layer (sweater/sweatshirt/flannel shirt), packable rain coat, 1 pair shorts (in case it's hot), a nice dress for formal night, casual dress for semi formal night, bathing suit/cover up, waterproof hiking shoes, maybe walking sandals, sneakers, dress shoes. And umbrellas!

Formal/semi formal dress is optional in the main dining rooms on those days, casual the other days. Upcharge Remy/Palo do have certain dress requirements --so check that out if you get a reservation for them. We've never done them (no desire to pay extra for food on a cruise and we enjoy the main dining room menus.)

We're going to pack like we did for our DCL Alaska cruise. Jeans, t shirts (including matching Disney ones for the ship), extra layer (sweater/sweatshirt/flannel shirt), packable rain coat, 1 pair shorts (in case it's hot), a nice dress for formal night, casual dress for semi formal night, bathing suit/cover up, waterproof hiking shoes, maybe walking sandals, sneakers, dress shoes. And umbrellas!

Formal/semi formal dress is optional in the main dining rooms on those days, casual the other days. Upcharge Remy/Palo do have certain dress requirements --so check that out if you get a reservation for them. We've never done them (no desire to pay extra for food on a cruise and we enjoy the main dining room menus.)
There is a formal night? I know there is a pirate one lol is there? I'm so new to this. You guys are so much help ❤️

There is a formal night? I know there is a pirate one lol is there? I'm so new to this. You guys are so much help ❤️
No pirate night in Northern Europe, can't do fireworks there. Possibly a Frozen deck party/menu though. (Had that on our Alaska and Baltic Sea cruises ).

Yes formal and semi formal. I assume first sea day for formal since we have an 8 pm aboard time for Rotterdam. No idea when semi will be. You will see all manner of dress for formal... evening gowns/tuxes to jeans/tees. So wear whatever you want.

Our formal night attire last June on the Fantasy:
IMG_20220619_194247681_HDR.jpgIMG_20220619_194359115_HDR.jpg

For those of you who havnt joined already, there is a Facebook group for this cruise also! Lots of amazing people and information! "Disney Dream Norwegian fjords 19th August 2023"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter