August 17th, 2022 - 11-Night Norway, Iceland, and Scotland Cruise from Copenhagen to Dover (Olden, Maloy, Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Kirkwall, Invergordon)

Hello everyone, we will join you from Germany. We are Katrin and Jürgen with Theresa (5) and Benedikt (11). I hope our little one will also make friends on this cruise, cause she doesn’t speak english.
Hello,we are from Austria and on this cruise, too. Our daughter Laura (8) would be excited to hear that there are other German speaking kids on this cruise.

Hello,we are from Austria and on this cruise, too. Our daughter Laura (8) would be excited to hear that there are other German speaking kids on this cruise.
Hi Confianza,
it would be great to meet you! Is it possible to send a PM here? So we could exchange our contact details.
Greetings from Frankonia,
Katrin

Great to see folks from a mix of countries! Very much like the last time we did the August repositioning sailing on the Magic from Copenhagen in 2019.

If anyone is looking to do a rapid test in Copenhagen within 48 hours before the cruise, there is a testing center at the airport (Falcks) open till 6.00 PM daily.

In the city, we have found Copenhagen Medical that's open 24/7:
https://www.cphmed.com/sundhedscenter/noerreport-en/?lang=en

Hi Confianza,
it would be great to meet you! Is it possible to send a PM here? So we could exchange our contact details.
Greetings from Frankonia,
Katrin
Hi Katrin,
I think this should be possible, but I can‘t find the option. I think to remember that one needs to write a certain amount of public posts before being able to use the PM-functionality.

What plans do you have for the ports? When we finally were able to reserve Port adventures, nearly anything we intended to Book was sold out, so we have a lot of private booked tours, where I am slightly nervous, if we will make it in time back to the ship…

Best regards,
Katharina

Getting closer now! We've got most critical things booked. This is part of a pretty epic trip for us, we're spending 3 days in Paris before going to Copenhagen, then a day in Copenhagen followed by the cruise, then a few days in London before we go back to Paris.

I'm still super nervous about testing positive at the port. We'll isolate ourselves as much as we can the couple weeks before but there's no avoiding the 10 hour flight to get to Europe. Contemplating some back up plans is helping with that since we can't actually control anything about that. Worst case scenario I guess we quarantine in a hotel in Copenhagen and then do some other Europe exploration. My kids (8 and 10) have never been to Europe and we haven't been since we did our honeymoon in Italy in 2010.

Just got the notification of the itinerary change. As we didn‘t manage to get a shore excursion in Isafjordur and had a lot of things in mind, which we would have loved to do in Reykjavik, we are very happy. Hope all of you are fine with that change, too?

We had our own tour planned in Isafjordur.

The all-aboard time from Reykjavik on the second day is 1.00 PM, which kind of limits what we can do on that day. Maybe take the shuttle to the city and explore it in a couple of hours?

Oh, I am sorry for you that your plans for Isafjordur won ‘t work out now.

The 1 PM all aboard Time is really disappointing. However, we were now able to Book a northern Lights tour in the first evening - Even if it‘s not the perfect season for spotting them, we would love to give it a try. The second day, we are planning to go to the Blue Lagoon.

Oh, I am sorry for you that your plans for Isafjordur won ‘t work out now.

The 1 PM all aboard Time is really disappointing. However, we were now able to Book a northern Lights tour in the first evening - Even if it‘s not the perfect season for spotting them, we would love to give it a try. The second day, we are planning to go to the Blue Lagoon.
That's great. Our plan is to do the Golden Circle on the first day in our rental car and then hit the Blue Lagoon in the evening after dinner. It's open till 11.00 PM daily in August.

On the second morning, we will explore the city.

The latitude we are at, we get to see the northern lights roughly 3-4 times a year in the winter. Would be cool to catch them in Iceland too, and I hope late August will be well past the nearly 24/7 sun they see in June.

That's great. Our plan is to do the Golden Circle on the first day in our rental car and then hit the Blue Lagoon in the evening after dinner. It's open till 11.00 PM daily in August.

On the second morning, we will explore the city.

The latitude we are at, we get to see the northern lights roughly 3-4 times a year in the winter. Would be cool to catch them in Iceland too, and I hope late August will be well past the nearly 24/7 sun they see in June.
In August in Iceland you will be past the 24/7 sun but it won't really get dark either. The sun will "set" for a few hours each night, but outside only gets to a darkish hazy blue. It isn't truly dark that time of year. It's a strange and fun experience.

They seem to have extended the time in port in Invergordon. A bit of a relief for us because we had booked the Eileen Donan excursion. It had looked a bit rushed for the distance involved in the time in port.

Hello! I am looking to maybe book this sailings. How are the avaiability for excursions?

Hello! I am looking to maybe book this sailings. How are the avaiability for excursions?
Varies by port.

Alesund - nothing available (short stop)
Reykjavik - 14 out of 22 available
Akureyri - everything available
Kirkwall - 9 out of 12 available
Invergordon - 19 out of 22 available

Well we are booked! Now trying to figure out ports. Anyone have luck with car rental in Reykjavik ?

No car rental at the Reykjavik port, but there are plenty in town. The cost will be steep because it's a real pain in the back to bring cars right now to an island en masse. (Hawaii has had the same issues.)

We booked an SUV at nearly $500 per day - though that would still be cheaper than any excursion for our party of five. And with a rental car, you can do several.

I think the port runs a (paid) shuttle to the Reykjavik city center, and you can rent a car once there. The city center is just ten minutes away. Look up Blue Car Rental.

Or, you can rent in the business district near the port. Look for Avis, Budget, and Europcar in that area.

There is also a HOHO bus that runs within the city limits and stops at the port. It does get overwhelmed with a cruise ship or two in town.

Great to see folks from a mix of countries! Very much like the last time we did the August repositioning sailing on the Magic from Copenhagen in 2019.

If anyone is looking to do a rapid test in Copenhagen within 48 hours before the cruise, there is a testing center at the airport (Falcks) open till 6.00 PM daily.

In the city, we have found Copenhagen Medical that's open 24/7:
https://www.cphmed.com/sundhedscenter/noerreport-en/?lang=en

Thanks for this info. We're going to try and test at the airport when we arrive in Copenhagen. Would love to get that out of the way as soon as possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!