August 17th, 2022 - 11-Night Norway, Iceland, and Scotland Cruise from Copenhagen to Dover (Olden, Maloy, Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Kirkwall, Invergordon)

Bunny84

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Starting this thread and couldn't be more excited to be taking this trip. What ports are you most excited to explore, and which will you be doing on your own and which with DCL?

Yay! Happy to be here! After having two Europe cruises cancelled in 2020 and 2021 we are going BIG and doing this cruise, along with the 7 night right after it, our first b2b!! Then we will finally be Platinum :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 I am most looking forward to Iceland!! Will *probably* do Iceland and Scotland on our own and opt for DCL excursions in Norway.

Wow, a b2b sounds amazing! This will be our fourth DCL cruise. We had the 2020 WBTA and the 2021 10-night Northern Europe cruise that included St. Petersburg cancelled, so we couldn’t be more ready. The only change here is that now we’re expecting, but we’re looking excited about the prospect of introducing our boy to the big beautiful world (and Small World Nursery).
I think we are also looking to do Iceland on our own. I read through the previous list of PAs and didn’t see one that felt quite right. For the Orkneys stop, there looks to be a good archaeological one that goes to Skara Brae and another stop. For the other Scotland stop, we’ll have to do more research. Part of the fun of a cruise for us is reading and watching videos to learn more about the places we’re going.

We were originally booked on the 10 night for this year, too! And before that, the 7 night in 2020. SO READY to cruise!! If it were not for C19 we would be Platinum now. I've lost track of how many we've had cancelled. Where are you guys from? We are from Vancouver BC, traveling with my husband and our two girls who will be 11(nearly 12) and 14 at the time.

We’re also booked on this cruise , we all can’t wait! It will only be our second cruise after a four night UK staycation this year.

Being a newbie to port excursions any advice about going solo would be most welcome

thanks all
Mike

Really looking forward to this cruise! This will be the longest in between cruises for us since we started cruising with Disney in 2015. On this cruise will be myself and my 2 sons who will be 15 and 14 at cruise time :)

I haven't looked too much into exccursions yet. I'm nervous to get too invested, since I'm still not sure what the state of travelling will be like in Aug 2022...

I just saw the notice go out for people on this cruise for the Itinerary changes, which will now include 3 port stops in Iceland instead of one overnight in Reykjavik. I have recently spent time in Iceland, so I thought I'd reach out to those traveling on this cruise. If you have any Iceland specific questions I'm happy to try to answer them. Hopefully if DCL is making itinerary changes, maybe there is a chance the cruise will actually sail.

Last edited:
Yes, this is a very good change to the itinerary. DCL is visiting Ísafjörður for the first time - and the three ports provide a more complete Icelandic experience.

Unless there is a new variant before summer, we are confident this cruise will go ahead. It was different last summer since Delta had just arrived, the protocols weren't in place, the longer voyages weren't tested, and the vaccines were just being rolled out.

Anyone booked at the Copenhagen Marriott on Aug 16 before this cruise? Try re-pricing. Prices seem to have gone down (at least for us).

We’re also booked on this cruise , we all can’t wait! It will only be our second cruise after a four night UK staycation this year.

Being a newbie to port excursions any advice about going solo would be most welcome

thanks all
Mike
We like to do port excursions to reach farther flung places, and to explore on our own in walkable places (like Alesund Or Rejiviyk - I can’t spell lol). But in doing so we invest a lot of time beforehand reading guide books and watching travel videos on you tube so we’re not wandering around aimlessly or just seeing stuff that’s in eyeshot of the port.

Doesn’t seem like Disney has any page for Isafjordur to look for excursions, and no excursions listed for Invergordon.

Hopefully some progress is made before the booking window opens in 3 weeks 🤞

Doesn’t seem like Disney has any page for Isafjordur to look for excursions, and no excursions listed for Invergordon.

Hopefully some progress is made before the booking window opens in 3 weeks 🤞
I think I saw excursions for Isafjordur now. Still none for Invergordon.

Dan

Invergordon excursions are in.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/europe/list/invergordon-scotland/

We were sweating this port. The local public transportation was infrequent, the town small, and car rentals non-existent. We asked around for private tours, but they all seemed like doing the standard circuits but with a hefty premium. You know, things we could normally DIY with a $100 car rental.

But - a different story now - some of the listed excursions are interesting. I hope they do put together the Eileen Donan visit on this stop. :thumbsup2

We had planned to do this cruise in 2023 but when the sticker shock pricing came out it made more sense to try to rearrange our schedules for this year so that's what we are trying to do! My kid has wanted to go to iceland for years so hoping this is amazing.

We had planned to do this cruise in 2023 but when the sticker shock pricing came out it made more sense to try to rearrange our schedules for this year so that's what we are trying to do! My kid has wanted to go to iceland for years so hoping this is amazing. We only did once cruise so far,
Alaska June 2019.

Hello everyone, we will join you from Germany. We are Katrin and Jürgen with Theresa (5) and Benedikt (11). I hope our little one will also make friends on this cruise, cause she doesn’t speak english.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!