Attractions with flashes that aggrivate tbi

Epcot Mom

Mouseketeer
We have been to Disney many times, however one member of our party for an upcoming trip is in recovery from tbi. Is there a list anywhere or can anyone recall any attractions that may have flashing lights? For example, the lightning flashes in Tower of Terror. Other thoughts? I'm not trusting my memory as it's a detail I haven't necessarily thought about before.

Thanks for your help!

Recovered tbi-be cautious of rough rides that can bang the head side to side or front to back.

Post #24 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread pinned near the top of this forum has info about attractions with bright or flashing lights.
Thanks. Just what I was going to post.
That post doesn’t just list them, but also describes the light a bit. If you want to actually see what the lights look like, there are a lot of ride videos on YouTube that should show.

Thank you thank you thank you! I was confident there was some kind of list somewhere and my search was not finding it. Thank you everyone for your responses and comments!!! Truly grateful.

Thank you thank you thank you! I was confident there was some kind of list somewhere and my search was not finding it. Thank you everyone for your responses and comments!!! Truly grateful.

Is flashing light the only problem this person will have they think? I'm also post-TBI and I've had to modify what I'll ride somewhat. I won't do Mission Space now (orange side - haven't tried green). Everest is my favorite ride and I can do it but not multiple times in a row for sure. I used to love the single rider line but now once or twice a day is the limit. If the person has a more recent TBI I'd consider not riding many other things as well....not just coasters but ones that are rough and bumpy like Safari for example. Flashing lights never bothered me though!

Thank you for sharing your experience! We were thinking about the bumpy things, even Toy Story Mania type bumpy. I have back issues so those come to mind easily and we will proceed very carefully for sure! We just haven't really thought about the flashes before so don't have memory of that to recall.

Thanks again for your thought! I know that will be important also!

Avoid Dinosaur. That ride imo has the most intensive flashing lights, so bad that I have to close my eyes throughout the ride.

The end of Buzz Lightyear where they take the photo is a room that has always bothered me just for how bright the darn light is. I always close my eyes in that room...but the photo taking is also kinda like a flashing light just not very quick.

@Epcot Mom ... If flashing lights is very troublesome the person could also bring these "blackout" glasses that look like sunglasses but are meant as a sleep mask: https://www.amazon.com/Blackout-Bands-Stylish-Sleep-Mask/dp/B01M7O7P1F/ They could keep them handy or wear them on a glasses keeper around their neck so they can pop them on if there's some unexpected flashing. I also have some hoodies that the hood is large and will come down over my eyes that I've used sometimes that way to take a nap like on a car ride. Just trying to think of some quick fixes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter