Attention Golfers! Whats the scoop on Orlando golf?

Mom22Boyz

Earning My Ears
My husband wants to play golf a couple of times while we are visiting next week (staying off-site). Disney prices seem a little high.

Twilight golf to save $$?

What are the recommended courses?

Any suggestions??

Highlands Reserve are currently doing a summer month weekdays special where golf costs $39 after 2pm, including Callaway club hire and cart!

Highlands Reserve is a nice course....also try Kissimmee Oaks (if you're from UK) pick up a Sunday copy of the Daily Mail - 10% off discount voucher in there, Remington and Southern Dunes.

Also, pick up a copy of the Golfers Guide when you are here...most golf shops have it.

Mom22Boyz

For rates/discounts take a look here, most of it is updated I'd say about 95% of the information. It lists all the WDW course twilight rates as well as other special rates. It also lists the rates/discounts for many of the area courses.

http://www.orlandocheapster.com/golf_bargains.htm
(scroll down past the advertisements at the top of this site)

Another website that I found for my husband last year is an excellent resource that has detailed reviews of many courses in Cental Florida as well as beautiful pictures of many of the holes and the clubhouses. There are statistics, lists the amenities and links you to the website of the golf course if there is one. It is a very comprehensive site and my husband thought that the majority of the reviews were spot on. He found the site extremely helpful.

http://www.orlandosbestgolf.com/

My husband has played golf at the following so far:

WDW area courses:

Osprey Ridge
Eagle Pines
Magnolia
Palm

Kissimmee/Osceola County:
Mystic Dunes
St. Cloud Golf Club

Volusia County:
DeBary Golf and CC

Seminole County:
Timacuan

Orange County:
Errol Estate CC

Polk County:
Highlands Reserve CC
Southern Dunes

Lake County:
Black Bear GC
Deer Island GC

There are quite a few he would like to play. But in August I think he is only going to do Osprey Ridge, Eagle Pines and Falcon's Fire.

He loves Florida golf. So much so he wants to retire in the Orlando area. This is saying a lot considering my husband is very discerning about where he plays. He is from Monterey, Ca. and he worked at Spanish Bay for two years and had access to all the Pebble beach courses every day.

PM me if you have any questions. I heavily researched this for him because I really like him to have a good time when we are on vacation. My husband is not a great golfer but he has a passion for it. I hope this information helps.

Also all of the courses my husband played included golf cart. We were thinking this is because it just gets too hot in Florida and a cart is a necessity rather than a luxury.

MandaMom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter