Attention DL Vets - Please Recommend Some Eateries at DL Park and the Resorts!

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
My DH and I are heading to DL April 16 through 19, 2001. We will be staying at the DL Hotel and I was wondering what restaurants are a must-do! We get a breakfast with our package. Should we do Goofy's or the Mickey on in the Plaza Rest. in MK? Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

1988 off site
1992 CB
1996 ALM
1998 CS
2000 GF June/July Honeymoon!!!
2001 Las Vegas - Caesar's
Disneyland - Disneyland Hotel
2001 Wilderness Lodge -one year anniversary!!!
2001 Pop Century!(Going for Christmas and New Year's Eve!!!!)

I haven't tried Mickey's in the Plaza Inn, but I have done Goofy's and enjoyed it. If you've been to WDW, it's similar to Chef Mickey's.

It's a buffet and their breakfast was rather good. Lunch was so-so.

In the park itself, I had some good pasta at the Plaza Inn for dinner, and decent pasta over at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland.

The best breakfast in the park (of those I've tried) IMHO can be found at River Belle Terrace. That's a must-do for us.

But the absolute best food inside the park at DL IMHO is at the Blue Bayou. Their Monte Cristo sandwiches are excellent (and pretty famous! -- I believe there was an uproar when they tried to remove it from the menu one time), I had a VERY good chicken-ceaser salad, and their cheesecake was to die for. Their prime rib is good, but not my favorite. Everything I've had there has been good to great, though :D

-Rajah
tigerbow.gif

mickeymoonsm.jpg

cdrtrisal@aol.com

Rajah and VonDrake's Honeymoon

Rajah's Disneyland Crossword Puzzle

We will be there the same time as you.

The Blue Bayou is the only MUST, IMHO,(no offense Rajah :), at DL, be sure to get next day ressies, via the guest services at DH.

By the way the world famous Monte Cristo is only served at lunch, but dinner is good too (try the clam chowder and crab cakes for dinner)

If you like character dining Goofy's kitchen is cool, the food is just okay.

I plan on checking out:

1. The Rainforest Cafe (okay, I know it is overated but I like the thunder and rain).

2. The Mondavi Wine thing at California Adventure.

3. Burger Invasion (hey, why not, the first McDonalds of its kind).

4. The Heartstone Lounge (nothing like overpriced cognac and appetizers).

5. The Storytellers cafe (okay, we like character dining and we are staying at the GC).

Hmm, what am I missing, ohh the 6. Spanish place Arriba Arriba sounds good, I think it is like Spoodles at the Boardwalk, where you have a bunch of small items to sample.

7. Wolfgang Puck will get some of my cash.

8. House of Blues, nothing like flushing out the system with some seafood gumbo!

Food and drink quite a selection :)

Boy, will I need to go do some situps and hit the stairmaster after this trip

:eek:

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>I also recommend Hook's Pointe @ the DL Hotel. If you have room for dessert, try the chocolate cake dessert thingy - I forget the name - they need to know ahead of time to make it, though - it is very very good.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

Thanks for the replies! Does anyone know how soon I can make ressies at Hook's Pointe and Goofy's Kitchen? Is it like in WDW? A certain number of days out? Thanks a bunch!

1988 off site
1992 CB
1996 ALM
1998 CS
2000 GF June/July Honeymoon!!!
2001 Las Vegas - Caesar's
Disneyland - Disneyland Hotel
2001 Wilderness Lodge -one year anniversary!!!
2001 Pop Century!(Going for Christmas and New Year's Eve!!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter