ATTENTION all WISHWalkers-/WISHCon 2005 marathoners!!!

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
Each month I would like to collect some data from each of you, so , if you would-

PLEASE post the following:

1.) your weight loss from mid May through mid June and the
2.) number of miles you have walked in that month in training for the marathon in 2005.
3.) Also- if you'd like to include hours of working out SEPERATE from those you walked, please do!

We are in the process of writing monthly bulletins and would like to include that info in these reports. Please post even if you haven't really started yet- and if you don't have EXACT numbers- that's ok, just do you best guess-timate and let us know! Then starting from here on in, please try to write down the info so we can collect it each month until we leave! THANKS everyone!!!

I'll start-

In the last month I have lost 8.5 lbs
Walked- about 10 miles
Workout time (other then walking) - ZERO

Tara- I am VERY SLOW!!! Could you jusy give me the TOTAL numbers of miles you think you walked last month? I'm having carb freeze on the brain!! THANKS!

You are really going for it aren't you? I am so impressed! Really- I ma! I hope when it comes time for me to get REALLy serious about the walking part I can come to you with lots of questions. When yu wwalk 10 miles on the weekends, is that each day!!!!?!?!? Oh My GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I just can't believe that!

Karebear,
Do you still want this info if we are kinda sorta training in the hopes we can fund the trip and actually make it to the marathon? ;)

If so...
10 pounds lost
43 WATP miles (I hope those count!)

Yikes.....we really are doing this aren't we.??????? :eek:

4.6 pounds in the last month (but I'll probably be up at WI today, so quick! Record it!)

And I haven't been good at walking since we've had such crummy weather, lets say 20 miles in the last month. Oh and I've had 6 weight training workouts.

Wait, I just remembered, my buddy challenged me to walk 4 miles, 5 days each week and I did do that for two weeks, in addition to other sporadic walks- so let's bump the mileage up to 52.

I'll do better next month, promise!:(

Um, I don't know! :) :) :)

I would say since mid May to mid June I've lost one pound, but my official weigh day this week is Friday so it could be more. Will check back on that Friday morning! :)

I haven't been officially training yet! I'd say I've walked an average of 9 miles a week, maybe more, maybe less (definitely more when we were on vacation!) ;)

Other exercise - at least 5 hours of rollerblading a week (except when we were on vacation!) and 3-4 hours of pilates a week. ;)

Oh, and weight training every week.

I started June 2. I've lost 8 pounds and have walked approximately 18 miles. Right now I'm only walking 1.25 miles per day but am increasing to 1.75 miles per day next week. I have a long way to go!

Any and all info , guesses , estimates or exact numbers are welcomed- I'm just trying to get a total number- I know it won't be exact- but that's ok!

Even if you're not officially training, or not sure you're going to be able to make it! I jusy need some stats!!! THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

from mid-May to mid-June I would say I've lost a grand total of 3 lbs? it's hard to think back so far

I'm not officially training for the marathon and probably won't do that until next spring/summer. Probably summer but I'll make that decision after researching it next spring, does research count as training time? LOL

my exercise regimen weekly is:

yoga - 1.5 hrs

running - 1.5 hrs

pilates - 1 hr

weight training - 1 hr

bike riding/fast pace walking - as much as I can fit into my schedule probably approx 1.5 hrs

All that is broken up and mixed around and spread out between 6 days a week, sometimes 7.

I log mine so here it is: May 11th- June 18th

walk/treadmill 90
Lunch walk 13
rollerskate 6
WATP 13

Total 122 miles for me!

I am going on a trip to Mexico (July 2nd -8th) and have been "in training" so that I am not the last one up a steep hill I am told we will be encountering daily, or the "old woman who couldn't make it at all" I have been doing some hill training and I am psyched to leave those youngun's in the dust!!! (translates to I think I can make it, but we'll see) :D

:earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

I do by swear to never call you Grammy again!!! Bebr!! HOLY COW!!! You win the most miles walked award! No wonder you are melting away! I love your determination!! The youngin' will be left in your dust as you walk with normal breath to the top of the highest ruin!! GREAT JOB!!!!! :teeth:

Bev, you forgot to post your weight loss for mid-May to mid-June!!!

Boy, looking at it all broken out like that, you're making us all look bad!!! I guess I never realized how quickly all those 6 milers added up! You'll make it up that hill and EVERYONE will be eatin' dust behind you!!!!

<font size=.5>Note to self: I really need to get my a$$ in gear</font>

OK you guys! I only have 2 more days to collect this data- and with 50 plus people signed up saying that they wanted to do the marathon - I don't have too many responses. PLEASE???? PRETTY PLEASE ??? It doesn't matter to me if you haven't done a lick! I just need to record progress to see if we're moving in the right direction! There are other reasons too- but we want to keep that a surprise!

So- which of you have just read the thread and skipped it? Read it again and post-please! If you don't want to publicly post you can pm me or email me at ourdoodie@aol.com

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Oh, Karen! I promise to do mine tomorrow-after my Curves monthly measure. Right now, I am figuring out the miles walked!

AH Debbie- you're the best! Tomorrow is fine! I can hardly wait to see how you did!

Boy, I have needed this thread. The weight loss is going well, but the exercise isn't--this check-in will help:

Loss:17 lbs.
Walked: 20 miles (I'm going to work on this this week)
Other training: None

Thanks again for doing this!!

Oops AnnieT mentioned that I forgot to mention weight loss for me that would be about 8 lbs.

Okey, dokey! I am back from Curves, have checked my Fitday, and here are the results.

1.) weight loss from mid May through mid June:13.2 lbs I just about croaked when I got on the Curves scale this morning, because I weighed less than when I weighed in at home, and about 5 pounds less than I would have guessed. (Can I use today's weigh-in for tomorrow?? Bet I'm back up those pounds by then!)

2.) number of miles you have walked in that month in training for the marathon in 2005: I walked 14 road miles this month.

I have another "training schedule" that was given me in May. It involves running 1 minute, walking 4 through 7 cycles to start. You are supposed to quickly move through it, but I have stayed on the first day "schedule" all month, jogging just 30 seconds, and then walking 4½ minutes through the 2 miles. Earlier this week, I was able to jog the whole minute 4 of the 7 cycles. Even my DD noticed and said, "Mom, you can run longer now.

3.) Also:I worked out at Curves 14 times this month, completing the 12 machines at least 28 times each.

AND I did 45 miles WATP.

I'm as pleased as punch, I must say.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

WOW DEBBIE!!! I am pleased as punch for you too!!! SOunds to me ike you are moving in the right direction! I am SO PROUD of you and your determination! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter