Atlantis Aquarium in Nassau

over50visits

DIS Veteran
We want to take the Aquarium excursion. The Disney website says "guided journey through the attraction."

Is there something special about the Disney excursion, different from the general public in the Aquarium? I would have thought they'd just leave us there to enjoy the normal aquarium. Also, we have an elderly person, we need to move slowly through the aquarium.

Would it be better for us to just take a taxi on our own from the ship to the aquarium? It turns out the cost is probably lower through Disney if you count the taxi fare.

"Guided journey through the attractions" I'd say is misleading. You take a ferry over to Paradise Island (across the harbor), and on the ferry they give a brief history/trivia talk about Nassua and Paradise Island. Then do a quick Q&A for some prizes, we won a calender.

When you get off the ferry a rep from Atlantis walks you to the resort, through the lobby and down to the beach. Along the way the rep points out some of the areas of the resort and then you are free to do as you please (except use the pools and slides).

The walk from the ferry to the beach is very long. If you have people in your party that need to take a slower pace I would recommend taking a cab. Several people on the board have indicated there are less expensive ways of seeing Atlantis, rather than book the Disney excursion. You can book a day room and get full access to the resort (including the pools and slides), or I believe you can get purchase a day pass at the resort. Do you plan to use the beach, pool, and slides, or just tour the aquarium?

Hope this helps.

We had planned only on the aquarium; the admission is $29, and the Disney excursion is $33, which included a narrated harbor trip and return transportation. So, Disney seemed like a better deal.

But, looks like we will take a taxi from the ship to Atlantis, do what we will, then return via taxi. That way we have our own schedule, expecially helpful for the DGGM and DGGF in our group (minimal walking, especially that long walk from the dock to the Atlantis hotel).

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter