atkins-friendly eateries???

pchpie

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
staying at marriott cypress harbour, hititing parks a couple of days and don't want to get caught up in the carb madness. suggestions?

Don't be afraid to discuss your low carb requirements with your server. We did that and found out that one of the chefs at Le Cellier is either doing Atkins or his wife is.

He was really willing to help us maintain our WOE while we were down there. And Beaches was more than happy to serve our burgers without buns, etc.

This is just an example..... all of the places that we went were workable. At Columbia Harbor House, we ordered the tuna sandwiches, and ate the tuna out of the sandwiches. It can be done if you're determined!!

Good luck.......

I am on Atkins and plan to hit the buffets for lunch--lots of meat varieties and veggies and salad. DH and I are also planning a splurge at Shulas. I am less tempted by buffet desserts than by made to order desserts. Good luck staying on program.

I hear a lot of people on the Atkins diet say they love 'Ohana. I wouldn't be able to resist the wontons and pineapple, though.

We went with my aunt in law who was doing Atkins. She had no problems eating pretty much everywhere. (Though, she was a JOY to travel with and really wasn't a complainer or whiner).

She did say that the salad at Peco's Bills was better than the salad at Cosmic Rays - the Rays one was stacked with croutons that she picked out. But everywhere we went, she could at least order a salad.

Something like 30% of Americans are on low carb programs (either Atkins or something else for weight loss, or are diabetic) - you shouldn't have any problem finding things to eat - the problem will be staying away from the things you shouldn't.

Hubby and I are both on atkins..we don't have any trouble finding things to eat. Burgers without the bun, turkey legs, salad, etc.

Enjoy!

If you are going to Magic Kingdom, you can easily hop the monorail, one stop to the Contemporary.

Chef Mickey's has a great buffet, and plenty for you to low-carb on.

Check out the buffet in Germany - Epcot. Lots of sausage, chicken, etc. I always ate there when on Atkins, and I was doing Atkins before it became 'cool.'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!