Atkin's - certain food questions?

Trekker

I've gone to find myself, If I return make me stay
I know you all have talked about this before - but I need to know.........

Pork Rinds - is this an ok substitute for my greatest desire - potato chips?

Sugar free - fat free pudding - made with heavy cream?

Which if any fruits are really the ones allowed/best?

Pork Rinds....................most definitely....ZERO carbs. My favorites are the hot & spicy ones. I probably eat a half a big bag a day!!

Sugar free pudding....really only after induction..rather high for that.

SOME berries mainly AFTER induction also. Best to stay as low as possible on induction to increase the results.

Hope this helped.

:D

Trekker, if you go to the Atkins website, at www.myatkins.com they have a carb counter, for various foods. You'll be able to see the counts for different fruits. But in general the berries (blueberries, blackberries, rasberries, etc.) are the lowest. Bananas are very high in carbs, so I'll probably never eat another again as long as I live.....I like 'em, but not enough to waste that many carbs! :)

I'd also suggestion staying completely away from berries during the induction phase. What works best, for those two weeks, is to try to have no carbs! You won't ever end up eating none, but with that as the goal, you'll eat fewer that way! And remember, it's only for two weeks!

Ron, do you have the Atkins book? If you don't and you want I can email you the rules for induction. Let me know.

I'm pretty much through induction - avoided nearly all carbs for the past 12 days.

Also my main goal is not weight lose - but I like that as a side benefit. I'm really using this to control my diabetes.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter