Atkins and quitting smoking

Trekker

I've gone to find myself, If I return make me stay
I've been smoking again for about the last 6 - 8 weeks. I've promised myself I will quit this week.

Here is my fear, in the past when I get off of smokes, I gain weight. Is there anyone out there who has quit while doing lo-carb dieting.

I think I need some encouragement that if I stick to atkins that the no smoking will not cause me to gain!

Help!

Trekker...

I quit smoking and started Atkins all on the same day. My weight loss has been SLOW. I am not sure if its due to JUST quitting smoking...(I have been battling weight FOREVER).

I can tell you this for sure....YOU need to quit...and when you do you will feel amazing different.

You need to increase your movement though...if you are exercising...you need to do it a little more. If you are NOT exercising...then find something that you like to do...and do it. Stopping smoking will slow down your metabolism BUT Atkins will help your body readjust to it...BUT YOU NEED TO STICK WITH IT!

If you want to PM me...I will go into more details...YOU CAN DO IT!! I will help you through...I know how hard it can be, but the Payoff is well worth it!

Good Luck
Tracy

I have no experience with quitting smoking, but I wanted to send you LOTS of pixie dust and encouragement!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! I'm positive that if you stick with Atkins you will NOT gain weight when you quit!!!

WISH is about staying healthy, not just losing weight, so any time you need some support or encouragement to quit the habit, just post and ask! We will do our best to be there for you! :) I know you can do it, just make the committment to yourself! :) Good luck!!!!!

Are you planning to use the patch, gum, cold turkey, cutting back, or what? Remember, just like trying to lose weight, if you stumble a bit, it's ok!!! It's not the end of the world if you don't do it 100% the first time, just keep doing the BEST you can!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!