• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At what point do the fares start to go up?

I don't believe there's any Disney Visa discount at the DCL gift shops. Yes, at some WDW or DLR gift shops and the Disney Store. But unless it has changed recently this did not extend to the gift shops onboard DCL.

They gave it to me, on our cruise in late 2012.. But things may have changed since then..

Fares are specific to each cruise date -- so if you change DATES, you would change fares to what they are on the date you make the change. Good luck!

Oh!!!! Thanks for explaining that!! Okay...I think it's all beginning to make sense to me now!! Haha!! :-)

Keep in mind here in New England that's over our spring break.. Flights and cruises tend to fill fast..

Oh, yikes! I had no idea anyone's spring break would be that late! I'm trying to go for the least crowded time! ;-) Maybe the first week of May would be better. Not sure if I can get my DD to take my DGD's out of school in May, though!

grammie12 said:
Oh, yikes! I had no idea anyone's spring break would be that late! I'm trying to go for the least crowded time! ;-) Maybe the first week of May would be better. Not sure if I can get my DD to take my DGD's out of school in May, though!

Yes, many New England schools have a week off in April, ours is the 3rd week, but I think some are the 2nd week. And many other areas tie spring break to Easter.
Least crowded is likely to be in the fall or January/early February.

They gave it to me, on our cruise in late 2012.. But things may have changed since then..

It hasn't been offered on any of our cruises, but since you use your KTTW card to pay for everything how would they know if you had a Disney Visa. They certainly didn't advertise it in the shops. We did get the discount for being gold cc members.

It hasn't been offered on any of our cruises, but since you use your KTTW card to pay for everything how would they know if you had a Disney Visa. They certainly didn't advertise it in the shops. We did get the discount for being gold cc members.
What discount do you get for being gold CC? We are now gold, but didn't know it gave you any discounts on anything.

What discount do you get for being gold CC? We are now gold, but didn't know it gave you any discounts on anything.

I believe it's currently a 10% discount on most items in the shops. You should receive a letter in your stateroom outlining this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter