At Vero Beach can you....

Laurba

Earning My Ears
Buy E-Ride night tickets?
Book Fantasmic Dinner Pkg?

We will be spending our 1st 3 nights at Vero Beach (starting this Saturday ) and will be heading to OKW on Tuesday (which is a E-Ride night). This is our first trip to both resorts.

Also we wanted to make a PS at Sonja's, any one know where to get the number?

Thanks!:pinkbounc

Hi,
We have a simalar iternary as you only we arrive at VB on the 8th a tuesday. I think you should be able to make your ressies thru Membership servives.
Don't forget to leave the lights on for us!!

We will be there on a mini-break this coming Tuesday! It will be our first visit to Vero Beach. We were going to MGM on Friday for the day for the Star Wars weekend and wanted to know if you had to pay for parking if you have a Vero beach parking pass. Anyone here know about this? I thought DVC members would know more about this that the posters at the transportation board. I would also love to know the number for Sonya's - are there any reviews of this restaurant? Have a wonderful trip! Only seven days left, trying not to drive DH crazy!:bounce:

I'm not sure whether you can make WDW arrangements at Vero and/or whether a Vero pass gives you free parking. Those are good questions for MS or the resort. If you find out, please post back for others.

The phone number for the Vero Resort is 561-234-2000 the direct number for Sonya's is 561-234-2180.

We are back about a week and a half from Vero, and I must say we were very disappointed. We were expecting some sun and sand, but the beach is pretty much gone. We were not able to enjoy the surf at all because the beach had eroded so much. We ate at Sonya's our first night there, Prom night for the locals. The service was very good, but the food was average at best. We have become spoiled, I guess, at WDW, and have come to expect outstanding quality in service, presentation, and taste. We found the latter 2 did not meet our expectations at Sonya's. Shutter's for breakfast wasn't bad, but we truly enjoyed our trip to town for dinner at the Ocean Grill. It was fantastic!
The remainder of our trip at WDW, and our experiences at Citricos, California Grill!!!!!, and Spoodles were very favorable as usual. My DH and I spend an ave of $200 for dinner at the better restaurants. We felt quite overcharged for the meal at Sonya's, especially compared to the CG! They should at least offer a DVC discount! Have fun!Sus:)

SimbaSue...as I was reading about your Sonya disappointment I was thinking, "wish they'd tried Ocean Grill". So glad to hear that you did! I love everything about Vero (I even love the beach although rough weather can "shrink" it) except I really feel the restaurants are lacking. Lots of people think they're okay to great but I just don't care for the food and feel disappointed. A few years ago I entertained guests at Sonya's and the "special" one of them ordered was completely dried up and an embarrasment to have served. I haven't (and won't) go back again. I've been pleased by the Ocean Grill.

I just got back last Sunday! My DH and I had one of the best vacations ever! We LOVED playing in the ocean even though it was so rough. We held hands and stood waist deep about 25 feet out and the sea would pick me up off my feet and fling me backwards - if I hadn't been holding on to my DH I would probably still be bobbling around there somewhere. I haven't laughed so hard in ages. One tip - make sure you reapply sunscreen often - I think the sand rubbed all mine off even though I kept putting tones on and I did get a bit burned (pale Canadian you know). We never ate at Sonya's (not a lot of vegetarian choices for the price) and saved out money for a Villians Dinner (which was hysterical) and lunch at the Sci-Fi diner. If anyone has had a bad experience with dinner there try this trick - order a veggie burger and a salad (not on the menu) instead of a regular burger and fries. They were excellent and it is my theory that because the chef is only making one he tries harder. You can park for free at WDW if you have a VB parking pass but we ended up staying one extra day (with a cash reservation - I didn't realize members only get discounts on the five DVC hotels) at Port Orleans Riverside (very beautiful, peaceful and romantic. I just loved those HUGE Magnolia trees! I highly recommend the Star Wars weekends - we had a blast! Now if only I can find one of those R2-D2 pins. Thank you DVC for a wonderful, wonderful holiday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!