At MK and Epcot day after Easter... not crowded at all!

suebeelin

DIS Veteran
So... I was expecting crazy crowds for the day after Easter (Easter Monday).

Have the price of tickets truly deterred people from going to Disney, providing a type of crowd control?!?!

MK had 10-30min waits for most rides until 1pm. It just wasn't that crowded. We did 7 rides in 4 hours, including our fast passed.

We went to Epcot at around 1:30pm. Monorail got stuck again. Gin Blossons was playing for the Garden Rocks series. We were at the 5:30 show. There were seats everywhere.

We were just very surprised! It was also magic hours in the morning at MK.... so I had expected it to be super crowded!!

So... I was expecting crazy crowds for the day after Easter (Easter Monday).

Have the price of tickets truly deterred people from going to Disney, providing a type of crowd control?!?!

MK had 10-30min waits for most rides until 1pm. It just wasn't that crowded. We did 7 rides in 4 hours, including our fast passed.

We went to Epcot at around 1:30pm. Monorail got stuck again. Gin Blossons was playing for the Garden Rocks series. We were at the 5:30 show. There were seats everywhere.

We were just very surprised! It was also magic hours in the morning at MK.... so I had expected it to be super crowded!!
For schools that take an Easter break, or do spring break over easter, they don't all get Easter Monday off. Where I'm at schools take the week before that includes good Fri and some schools take Easter Monday as a travel day, others don't. Hard to make that a park day if many people have to go back home. Were you in the parks prior to Mon to compare crowd levels?

For schools that take an Easter break, or do spring break over easter, they don't all get Easter Monday off. Where I'm at schools take the week before that includes good Fri and some schools take Easter Monday as a travel day, others don't. Hard to make that a park day if many people have to go back home. Were you in the parks prior to Mon to compare crowd levels?

No that was our only day-- we expected crazy crowds that week so only planned one day. Otherwise we are October- January non holiday DW people. That's why I was so surprised!

A big reason is likely because Easter was so late this year. Most schools had their spring break long before Easter and all the local ones definitely did. A few weeks prior it was crazy because everyone was on spring break but because of the late Easter date very few school districts had the week following Easter off this year. i've found that how crowded it is Easter week varies greatly from year to year depending on when Easter is.

we arrived that Monday and stayed through the next monday and as usualy had a great time! Crowds this 3rd week of April for us have always been super. manageable! LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year in Disney and planning again for 2018! Glad you had a nice day, we had a super week!

We were at Universal last week for 2 days & it was super busy. 45-90 minute waits for many/most attractions. Maybe more people are heading over to the "dark side". We were on spring break last week (after Easter). We stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek & it was packed at the hotel, totally sold out.

We were in MK the Thursday before Easter- April 13, the Sat night before Easter- April 15, and the day after Easter April 17. April 13 was the most crowded. Even It's a Small World had a 35 minute wait. Sat night was crowded, but not as much as Thursday. Monday wasn't bad at all. We changed a few of our earlier Fastpasses because the waits were so low and moved them to bigger attractions later in the afternoon. We even got a last minute 7DMT fastpass the day of.

We were at Universal last week for 2 days & it was super busy. 45-90 minute waits for many/most attractions. Maybe more people are heading over to the "dark side". We were on spring break last week (after Easter). We stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek & it was packed at the hotel, totally sold out.

We were at WBC too! It was pretty packed- we avoided the building 5 lazy river like the plague bc it just seemed so ghetto! We stayed in building 5 too...

Overall, WBC seems a much better value than even using our DVC points.

We might make 2 DW trips going forward-- WBC in March/April and DVC btwn October-December!

we arrived that Monday and stayed through the next monday and as usualy had a great time! Crowds this 3rd week of April for us have always been super. manageable! LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year in Disney and planning again for 2018! Glad you had a nice day, we had a super week!

We just booked for the 3rd week of April for 2018 because it is a vacation week for our schools. I am glad to hear this is a good week!

best part was Disney was expecting major crowds the week after Easter so Magic Kingdom opened at 7am for extra magic hours and that was amazing! lots of runners the end of the week for Star Wars races but we really enjoyed chatting with them all and will be running the race next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter