At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

You know I love that bag!! Also your BaTB tank :goodvibes Think I missed that one on FB.
I always say I'm going to order some ParkBound buttons but never do, so maybe I'll actually do it for August. My fave is the "we wants the redhead" one, I have that on a shirt from RedBubble but it's long sleeve so I don't get to wear it in the parks much.

You know I love that bag!! Also your BaTB tank :goodvibes Think I missed that one on FB.
Thank you!

I always say I'm going to order some ParkBound buttons but never do, so maybe I'll actually do it for August. My fave is the "we wants the redhead" one, I have that on a shirt from RedBubble but it's long sleeve so I don't get to wear it in the parks much.
I actually had kind of decided not to order them because I am not sure where I will put them (maybe on our backpacks?) but I couldn't help myself! LOL. And yes, being as I'm a redhead, I had to have that one...plus Will loved PotC last year! Yo ho is actually the ringtone on my phone!

Exciting news! Magic Bands shipped Saturday so they should - the operative word - be here this week. Then I can work on applying the decals...and hopefully I won't mess that up!
I find the arrival of the Magic Bands so exciting! Can't wait to see how they look!

I also have photos of several new trip things I have bought (if you follow me on FB or IG you may have seen some or all of these things, so sorry for the duplication!).
Oooh Oooh Oooh! Can I follow you on Facebook? I want to follow along when you are there!!!! You can find me on Facebook Ariella Saucier

Next up is a pressed penny coin wallet, some park buttons, and a Minnie Bow hair tie:
buttons-jpg.236277
Love the buttons. Def ordering some for our trip! And I love the pressed Penny book. I grabbed one on our last trip. Love the look of it!

side cooler:
cooler-jpg.236278
Soooooo Cute! I want to use it as a regular bag!

Love!

One more item to note...the new WL villas pool looks to be about finished, so fingers crossed we get to try that out, along with the feature pool and splash pad!

I will leave you with a photo of the WL lobby that I cannot wait to see in 25 days!
I hope all the construction is almost done soon!

Omg, you are really ready. I don't know how you even keep track of it all - it's amazing! You've thought of everything. :) I'm all about that bag. I hope your MagicBands come soon! Ours were shipped for our 2015 trip during a freak snow storm in the south which delayed them and the waiting was rough! You know they'll get there on time, but you're still anxious until you have them in hand.

I find the arrival of the Magic Bands so exciting! Can't wait to see how they look!
They hven't updated since Monday...so I'm thinking not today. But then so many people have said that they just show up sometimes! In my timehop from yesterday, I have a photo of last year's MBs...so they arrived at 26 days. We are at 24 right now...

Oooh Oooh Oooh! Can I follow you on Facebook? I want to follow along when you are there!!!! You can find me on Facebook Ariella Saucier
Taken care of! :)

Love the buttons. Def ordering some for our trip!
They are so fun, aren't they?

And I love the pressed Penny book. I grabbed one on our last trip. Love the look of it!
This was actually the second one I bought. I got one a few months ago but AJ has several from last year so I figured we might need another one.

Soooooo Cute! I want to use it as a regular bag!
It is super cute! Totally an unexpected purchase!

And they sent me a coupon for 10% off that expires in June...so if they fit nice once I get them (supposed to be Friday), I just may buy another pair. LOL. Stop the madness! ;)

I hope all the construction is almost done soon!
It seems to be wrapping up. The guess is that RF and the pool will be done before the rooms (as they look like they need a lot more work) and that would be okay with me because those are the things that affect us. But we shall see.

Omg, you are really ready. I don't know how you even keep track of it all - it's amazing! You've thought of everything. :)
Haha. It is only because I am utterly obsessed! Disney planning is the only thing keeping me afloat right now at the end of the school year. LOL

I'm all about that bag.
I thought you might appreciate it! :)

I hope your MagicBands come soon! Ours were shipped for our 2015 trip during a freak snow storm in the south which delayed them and the waiting was rough! You know they'll get there on time, but you're still anxious until you have them in hand.
Like I mentioned to @StarWarsMomofGirls! above, they have not updated the tracking since Monday, but I hear that doesn't really mean anything as they can just show up. We had them by now for last year's trip though. They should be here this week, I'm sure. I'm more anxious about hours being (possibly) extended. We could get lucky and it be Friday. But I think there's more chance for Monday....but anything rather than not at all (NO!!!!!)...lol.

Okay, I can't help myself y'all. The only thing that will stop my shopping is when I can't get it in time for my trip anymore. I bought Will a Mickey Mouse tank and a Lightning McQueen tank today and I bought myself another pair of ears! I was going to wait til I got my fireworks pair (supposedly by Friday) so I could try them out. But they sent me a 10% off code and I was afraid if I waited til Friday or Saturday, it just might be cutting it too close (it actually might be now, but I sent a note about my trip date so I guess I will find out) so I went ahead:
SWears.png

Guys...I have to stop! LOL

Oh, I have a question for a certain type of experts - @ariane37, @kastoney, @pepperandchips specifically. And yes, I asked you three for reasons that shall be evident below (hint...it's because I know you guys will provide the answer I want to hear...lol)...

What is the appropriate amount of time to wait to grab a drink once on Disney property?

Here's some recent thinking...arrive around 2pm, visit the lobby of WL because duh, speak to front desk about late checkout, buy a couple mugs (you'll see why), then hit Territory Lounge for a drink, put in said mug, tour resort on the way to room with beverage in hand....

Appropriate to grab a drink within 30 minutes of arrival??

I was originally thinking pool drinks (and some early dinner from GP) after getting settled in the room and hitting the pool with the kids...but now I am thinking that starting out the vaca with an almost immediate beverage really sets the tone for the kind of trip I am hoping for....

Things I still need to do: start an outfit list and add to my packing lists (I have some general and food ones, but not clothes ones yet).

I've been slowly packing since January! I have a problem!

Exciting news! Magic Bands shipped Saturday so they should - the operative word - be here this week. Then I can work on applying the decals...and hopefully I won't mess that up!

I hope you get yours soon.

I received my bands yesterday and already decorated mine. Nothing fancy, just some glitter. I am still waiting for my MIL and FIL's. I didn't realize when the hiccup with my FIL's fastpass's was corrected it removed his Magic Band choice that I had made the day before. A couple of days ago I saw that ours had been shipped and theirs wasn't so I quickly made the choices again. As of this morning it hasn't been shipped yet, I just hope I get them before the trip.

I ordered some new ears but they haven't come yet. They assured me they will be here on time though:
ears-png.236279

I've been debating on ordering some ears, but I think now it's probably too late. I love the ones you got though, and now I'm kicking myself for not ordering them sooner. I think I might try to make some.

Last but not least...I am not sure if I mentioned that I ordered a custom-made park bag. Well, I finally received it and I love it! It is a crossbody style, with about 7 different pockets:
park-bag-jpg.236295

I am in love with that purse!

Okay, I can't help myself y'all. The only thing that will stop my shopping is when I can't get it in time for my trip anymore. I bought Will a Mickey Mouse tank and a Lightning McQueen tank today and I bought myself another pair of ears! I was going to wait til I got my fireworks pair (supposedly by Friday) so I could try them out. But they sent me a 10% off code and I was afraid if I waited til Friday or Saturday, it just might be cutting it too close (it actually might be now, but I sent a note about my trip date so I guess I will find out) so I went ahead:
swears-png.236521

Now I'm really regretting not ordering some!

What is the appropriate amount of time to wait to grab a drink once on Disney property?

Here's some recent thinking...arrive around 2pm, visit the lobby of WL because duh, speak to front desk about late checkout, buy a couple mugs (you'll see why), then hit Territory Lounge for a drink, put in said mug, tour resort on the way to room with beverage in hand....

Well first you have clearly come to the 3 disney drinking amigos: me, @ariane37, and @pepperandchips :-) But second is it appropriate to grab a drink within 30 minutes of arrival? Unequivocally No! It is however appropriate to begin the party in your car as soon as you cross the FL line (provided hubby is driving of course). :P Seriously though, YES, YES, AND YES!!! It's vacation and us mama's need a drink :drinking1

:rotfl:I truly appreciate you asking advice, but this should be an easy question to answer!! Check in, get rid of any extra baggage you're carrying around (family members notwithstanding) and GRAB THAT BEVERAGE!!!! There is no need to wait even 30 minutes if you are physically able to reach Territory Lounge quicker than that :car:

Taken care of! :)
Yeah!

And they sent me a coupon for 10% off that expires in June...so if they fit nice once I get them (supposed to be Friday), I just may buy another pair. LOL. Stop the madness! ;)
This is why I haven't started. Once I start, it won't stop... ;) I am going to start with ears soon, since it sounds like they take awhile...

swears-png.236521

Guys...I have to stop! LOL
Love! Might need these. But we are only spending 1/2 a day at Hollywood Studios! Disney Issues!

My vote is immediately! You are a teacher, you deserve one as soon as you are done teaching!

No! It is however appropriate to begin the party in your car as soon as you cross the FL line (provided hubby is driving of course). :P Seriously though, YES, YES, AND YES!!! It's vacation and us mama's need a drink :drinking1
Would it be inapprirate to bring a "roadie" on Magical Express?

I truly appreciate you asking advice, but this should be an easy question to answer!! Check in, get rid of any extra baggage you're carrying around (family members notwithstanding) and GRAB THAT BEVERAGE!!!! There is no need to wait even 30 minutes if you are physically able to reach Territory Lounge quicker than that :car:
Second that!

Well first you have clearly come to the 3 disney drinking amigos: me, @ariane37, and @pepperandchips :-) But second is it appropriate to grab a drink within 30 minutes of arrival? Unequivocally No! It is however appropriate to begin the party in your car as soon as you cross the FL line (provided hubby is driving of course). :P Seriously though, YES, YES, AND YES!!! It's vacation and us mama's need a drink :drinking1

:rotfl:I truly appreciate you asking advice, but this should be an easy question to answer!! Check in, get rid of any extra baggage you're carrying around (family members notwithstanding) and GRAB THAT BEVERAGE!!!! There is no need to wait even 30 minutes if you are physically able to reach Territory Lounge quicker than that :car:

My vote is immediately! You are a teacher, you deserve one as soon as you are done teaching!
I knew I could count on you, ladies! I shall carry on with said plan, then! :)

I've been slowly packing since January! I have a problem!
Well, I do have three boxes in my extra bedroom that I keep putting stuff in...so "sort of" packing!

I hope you get yours soon.
Thank you! Nothing today, unfortunately.

I've been debating on ordering some ears, but I think now it's probably too late. I love the ones you got though, and now I'm kicking myself for not ordering them sooner. I think I might try to make some.
I ordered the fireworks pair on May 1 and they should arrive May 12. So logic says, if I ordered the second pair on May 10, they should arrive around May 21. We'll see though. I ordered another pair in April from another company but I can't remember how long those took to arrive.

I am in love with that purse!
Thank you!

This is why I haven't started. Once I start, it won't stop... ;) I am going to start with ears soon, since it sounds like they take awhile...
Yes, it's an obsession, shopping for Disney trip stuff! The ears I think can take awhile. And some of the shops close every so often to catch up.

Love! Might need these. But we are only spending 1/2 a day at Hollywood Studios! Disney Issues!
We have 1.5 days with one night being the dessert party, so I figured even if I only wear it that night, I've started my "themed" collection and I can just add to it every trip. :)

start an outfit list and add to my packing lists
I took all my outfits out and laid them on the bed. I then tried them on to see what looked best with what. I took pictures of each outfit in order that I want to wear them. I also put together back up outfits if we come back to the room for a break. That's the most advanced outfit planning I have ever done.

Things I need to do the week before: pack, oil change, mani/pedi with Disney designs, buy travel toiletries, organize non suitcase stuff in boxes (and make sure they are not too big and heavy to carry, which I didn't do in the past). Make the boys some "travel activity" bags.

I know I've said it before but you put me to shame with your planning. I'm so far behind.

First off is a BatB tank that I ordered in March but I didn't realize it was a made to order item and therefore took me 6 weeks to receive:

I love this!

Next is some Muppet shirts for the boys.
Super cute!

this insulated cooler tote for $12 (

Like this too. Should be great in the car.

I ordered some new ears but they haven't come yet. They assured me they will be here on time though:
ears-png.236279

Perfect for fireworks.

And I decided to order some SeaBands for AJ because he said he wants to try FoP and Star Tours this trip.

After I saw this I had to order me some. I really want to try FoP and give Star Tours another shot. Still refuse to do Mission Space.

I ordered a custom-made park bag. Well, I finally received it and I love it! It is a crossbody style, with about 7 different pockets:

Love this too! It's perfect.

I took all my outfits out and laid them on the bed. I then tried them on to see what looked best with what. I took pictures of each outfit in order that I want to wear them. I also put together back up outfits if we come back to the room for a break. That's the most advanced outfit planning I have ever done.
That is advanced! More advanced than me. I usually just have a list!

I know I've said it before but you put me to shame with your planning. I'm so far behind.
Thank you. I truly enjoy it...even when it stresses me out! LOL

After I saw this I had to order me some. I really want to try FoP and give Star Tours another shot. Still refuse to do Mission Space.
Good luck!!!

Love this too! It's perfect.
Thank you!

You're so ready!

I will be channeling your organization skills once I'm actually settled in Michigan.

I can't believe you're almost there!! I'm so excited for you!!:dancer:

Magic Bands are Here!!!

Got our magic bands yesterday:
IMG_6013.JPG

Yay! I also received our second set of SafetyID stickers:
IMG_6014.JPG
These come with a second smaller sticker with our names, phone numbers, and resort on it. The smaller sticker sticks on the back of these weather proof stickers and then we will stick the big stickers on the backs on the boys clothing.

I already applied our decals to our MBs last night:
IMG_6015.JPG
IMG_6016.JPG
I did okay on the application process. It wasn't the easiest thing to get them on straight!

Also, you may notice that I did not decorate Will's. Mostly because I am not sure if he will wear it on a consistent basis and the decals are not cheap. So I instead bought him some Cars bracelets so he can wear those as he sees fit and I can hold on to his MB. Less chance for it to get lost, also.

The other thing I did was to make Mousekeeping envelopes. We are staying on rented DVC points so, I believe, we will only get one full cleaning and one trash and towel day. So I only had to make two:
IMG_6010.JPG
They are nothing fancy, but they will do the job.

Other than that, I was supposed to get a set of ears today but it looks like it just got to North Atlanta Metro USPS at 11:26am, so I am thinking that won't be until tomorrow. And, even though I sent a note, I still haven't heard back about the ears I ordered on Wednesday. Honestly, if those did not make it, it wouldn't be the end of the world, as I wasn't really planning on them, but it would be nice, so we shall see.

I should get the new tanks I ordered for Will within plenty of time.

Oh and I am supposed to get $1000 worth of Disney gift cards delivered today from BJ's. Just a tip...you can order those online, you don't have to be a member and I paid $949.90 for them, thus saving myself $50.10. I also put them on my Disney VISA, as I have been putting most everything else lately then paying it off, so I can get the reward dollars.

I believe that is all the "stuff" I am waiting on. Otherwise, just waiting on hours to possibly get extended, some QS hours to be posted (PizzeRizzo, I am looking at you), and some entertainment to get scheduled.

I need to get my clothes out and the boys clothes out soon and make an outfit schedule. Honestly though, if it doesn't get done until school is out in 2 weeks, it will be okay. I don't prefer to wait that long but I am just so exhausted lately, I just have no energy once I am at home.

It is getting closer though! And I appreciate you all hanging in with me! This PTR will be ending in just a few, short weeks. 22 days to go!

Up next: General Itinerary

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter