At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

Plans looks good, and I agree that the kids can just wait to meet Aladdin, heehee.

I am so out of the loop; I had no idea Roaring Fork had closed! I really need to research before we go for our day in March.

I hope they don't change too much as far as the hours go. And if they do I hope the changes are in your favor!

My DH had a workday at his school as well on President's Day and my kids school decided to give the Friday before off instead (??) so I was the only one who ended up with President's Day off in our family. Womp womp.

I actually did notice your Aladdin change! lol It stood out to me that you had it first before, but I figured it was for the kiddos. Suck it up kiddies, it's all about efficiency! ;)

Your plans look great. It stinks that AK is in flux again, but it's great that you will be there for the opening, even with the crowds!

I have come to that conclusion because of disappointing news. We had to cancel our WDW trip. I so so so hated having to do it, but we've just had too many extra financial things go wrong recently and our tax return was super skimpy so no help there! I'm so disappointed that we won't be there at the same time as yáll! We're planning to go next July to celebrate me finally graduating. We're going to try for another long trip to make up for missing this year, but waiting an extra year is going to be so hard. On the plus side, my MIL lives in California very close to DL and wants to have us come out there in June instead. She's offered to get us multi-day tickets to Disneyland, so we're basically just swapping coasts. The kids have never been to DL and DH and I haven't been since our honeymoon (13 years ago!), so it'll be a new experience for all of us. I'm really sad about WDW but also excited to see DL. I am going to be following along with your plans and living vicariously through your trip! Also (because I always have to be planning a WDW trip in some form) we've started talking resorts for next year and think we want to start with WL, so I definitely am looking forward to seeing your pics from this summer!

My DH had a workday at his school as well on President's Day and my kids school decided to give the Friday before off instead (??) so I was the only one who ended up with President's Day off in our family. Womp womp.
Ah, so at least it isn't that unusual that I had to work. I thought everyone had it off but me! Well, and my Dh but he works all the time so that's nothing new. LOL. I bet it was nice to have a day to yourself though!

Suck it up kiddies, it's all about efficiency! ;)
Exactly! LOL!

Your plans look great. It stinks that AK is in flux again, but it's great that you will be there for the opening, even with the crowds!
Thank you!

I have come to that conclusion because of disappointing news. We had to cancel our WDW trip.
Oh no! Super bummer! I'm so disappointed for you.

I so so so hated having to do it, but we've just had too many extra financial things go wrong recently and our tax return was super skimpy so no help there!
I can so relate to this because that is why we aren't going next year. We just have quite a few other things we need to put our money towards. It probably would've been better to skip this year but we had such a great deal with my friend ($10 a point) that I had to take it. I doubt we ever get such a good deal again. Fortunately we can go to the beach for a lot less than Disney (our friends own a condo and rent it to us for a good deal) so we can do that next year. We are fortunate for the big tax refund these past few years.

I'm so disappointed that we won't be there at the same time as yáll!
I am very disappointed, too! Another one of those things that I missed last year that won't be around this year! BOO HOO!

We're planning to go next July to celebrate me finally graduating. We're going to try for another long trip to make up for missing this year, but waiting an extra year is going to be so hard.
Well, I am glad for this, at least. I will be very envious of you next year since we are skipping.

On the plus side, my MIL lives in California very close to DL and wants to have us come out there in June instead. She's offered to get us multi-day tickets to Disneyland, so we're basically just swapping coasts. The kids have never been to DL and DH and I haven't been since our honeymoon (13 years ago!), so it'll be a new experience for all of us. I'm really sad about WDW but also excited to see DL.
Now, I am envious of you! I really, really want to make it to DLR. The goal is in the next few years with my parents in an RV...lol...but who knows when that will actually be. I am shooting for 2018 but Dad seems to think we need to wait longer than that.

I am going to be following along with your plans and living vicariously through your trip!
Hopefully I will not disappoint! :) And I'll be doing the same with your plans and trip next year.

Also (because I always have to be planning a WDW trip in some form) we've started talking resorts for next year and think we want to start with WL, so I definitely am looking forward to seeing your pics from this summer!
Whoo hoo! I will make sure to take plenty of photos and probably even some video! I honestly think I am going to fall in love with WL.

Oh no! Super bummer! I'm so disappointed for you.

Thank you. Super bummer indeed.

I can so relate to this because that is why we aren't going next year. We just have quite a few other things we need to put our money towards. It probably would've been better to skip this year but we had such a great deal with my friend ($10 a point) that I had to take it. I doubt we ever get such a good deal again. Fortunately we can go to the beach for a lot less than Disney (our friends own a condo and rent it to us for a good deal) so we can do that next year. We are fortunate for the big tax refund these past few years.

Yeah, that is a deal you can't pass up! Stupid real life getting in the way of Disney trips lol. We've just ended up needing to make too many repairs around the house, coupled with car issues and a tiny tax refund we just couldn't rationalize it this year.

Now, I am envious of you! I really, really want to make it to DLR. The goal is in the next few years with my parents in an RV...lol...but who knows when that will actually be. I am shooting for 2018 but Dad seems to think we need to wait longer than that.

We really will just be swapping coasts! Us in CA in 2017 and FL in 2018 and you guys potentially reversed. We are road tripping it! Since we won't have time constraints we're going to do the drive in 3 days each way with a different route each time and see some natural sights in the Southwest along the way.

We'll stay in CA for 5 days. DMIL has offered to get us 3-5 day tix to DL depending on how much time we want to spend there. I'm torn between taking a couple of days to see more of SoCal or just letting my Disney fandom run rampant and spending the whole dang time at DL lol.

Hopefully I will not disappoint! :) And I'll be doing the same with your plans and trip next year.

I'm sure you won't! You're doing all the reservations I would have wanted and seeing all the new stuff I wanted to see. Maybe keep that new princess couples ADR. ;) j/k Looking forward to seeing Pandora and RoL through your eyes! I'm sort of hoping the new Toy Story Land may be open by the time we go next year.

Whoo hoo! I will make sure to take plenty of photos and probably even some video! I honestly think I am going to fall in love with WL.

Yes, it looks gorgeous! My family wanted to stay somewhere else. They were all petitioning to do a split stay between Contemporary and BLT. Veto, people! We are seeing something else! I over-ruled them for their own good. ;) Hopefully a lot of the construction will have wound down by the time y'all are there. Regardless, I'm sure you'll love it. Everything I've seen of it makes it look amazing.

We are road tripping it! Since we won't have time constraints we're going to do the drive in 3 days each way with a different route each time and see some natural sights in the Southwest along the way.

We'll stay in CA for 5 days. DMIL has offered to get us 3-5 day tix to DL depending on how much time we want to spend there. I'm torn between taking a couple of days to see more of SoCal or just letting my Disney fandom run rampant and spending the whole dang time at DL lol.
Yeh, we plan to rent an RV and do maybe 2 weeks. I did a 7 week road trip to the West Coast in 2002 and it was wonderful to visit all the National Parks....so we will hit a few of those. We will probably only do about 3 days at the parks, I'm thinking and traveling/stopping the rest of the time.

Maybe keep that new princess couples ADR. ;) j/k
I just might. But if I do, I have to give up Via Napoli. :(

I'm sort of hoping the new Toy Story Land may be open by the time we go next year.
That would be fun! I'm hoping for both TSL and SWL in 2019 but my plan is to do 2019 and 2020 before a break in 2021, so if we have to wait on SWL, it won't be too long of one.

I over-ruled them for their own good. ;)
Good for you! :)

Hopefully a lot of the construction will have wound down by the time y'all are there. Regardless, I'm sure you'll love it. Everything I've seen of it makes it look amazing.
Yes, it sounds like some of it will be finished and the rest seems to be a non-issue based on all the reviews I have read. Once you get there in 2018, it will be completely finished, I'm sure!

Bummer. I just said it on another thread... being an adult sucks sometimes... Well, I all works out ok and you can plan a trip sooner than later.

Double Digit Dance Time

Here we are friends:
IMG_5731.PNG
Time to dance....
:dogdance::dancer::cool1::jumping1:party::banana::cheer2:

Haha...that is quite a bit of dancing! Hopefully it goes fast but not too furious from here on out. I kind of freaked out a little today. I have quite a few things to do before FP day...really, I guess just touring plans, and I want to get my food budget nailed down so I know if I need to drop any ADRs (which I most definitely do). But it just seems I can never get this stuff done. I started working on my touring plans in January and I have one complete - the one I posted. None of the others are done. Two other days have been started. And I have probably done 3 days of my food budget. Eek. Okay, I'm going to stop talking about it so as not to freak myself out any more than I already am! This is the fun stuff, right????

So this isn't really very much of an update but I'll throw out a few bones...lol.

I decided to order, and received, a new planning journal:
IMG_5726.JPG

It is so cute and very functional, especially for those of us that still like to write stuff down. Its also very thin, so it will fit in my park bag, no problem. I got it from Limelife planners, I think, for anyone looking for something similar. They have several photos there that show the different planning pages inside. I used to get a Passporter Guide Book/Journal for every trip but I honestly don't need the guide book stuff anymore, so it was kind of a waste. I liked the worksheet/journal parts and the pages that you can take out of the journal to keep receipts in, put your park plans on and any notes, etc, but I like having everything all in one place in this planner better.

I also emailed guest services and had them send me some guide maps. This was probably a month or more ago, but I did receive them:
IMG_5645.JPG
And actually those might be the ones that a DISer sent me. Those are the holiday ones but Guest Services sent me the regular ones. Or it was the other way around. Regardless, I have a holiday set and a regular set! I just wanted them in hand to help me with planning.

Oh, also I booked the Ariel/Eric, Rapunzel/Flynn Bon Voyage character breakfast for our full Epcot day (Wed 6/7) but I am fairly certain I won't keep it. I could only get 10:35. So we would have to enter Epcot, and maybe do a couple things, then almost immediately, head out at the IG and over to Boardwalk. It just doesn't fit in the plans very well and if I kept it, one - my boys would revolt, and two - I would have to cancel Via Napoli.

I've also played around with some other things. If we do end up canceling Tusker House BF, then I originally figured we would eat at Flame Tree. But I'm not a huge BBQ fan. So I am going to ask Chad to look at Y&Y Local Food Cafe menu and see what he thinks. If he still prefers FT, then I'll just run over to Y&Y and grab myself something and bring it back to FT.

Other than that, nothing much new. Thanks for hanging in with me during the boring part of the planning process!

Up next: Trip Money is Here!!! and a Stroller Rental Question...

Last edited:
I think I already told you this on FB but that planner is so stinkin cute. It has me considering downsizing from my binder.
I really love it! Perfect size! Though I will still probably do a spreadsheet, and print my touring plans, as well.

There were some editable planning pages on etsy I was going to purchase but I think that would be overkill...lol

Super CUTE!!!!

If we do end up canceling Tusker House BF, then I originally figured we would eat at Flame Tree. But I'm not a huge BBQ fan. So I am going to ask Chad to look at Y&Y Local Food Cafe menu and see what he thinks. If he still prefers FT, then I'll just run over to Y&Y and grab myself something and bring it back to FT.
I forget, or maybe you didn't mention, but why are you thinking of cancelling Tusker House? FT is good but if you don't like BBQ, not really a great place. I do like that they have a fruit platter!

I want to get my food budget nailed down so I know if I need to drop any ADRs (which I most definitely do)
I started this yesterday. Even with the price increase, the dinning plan might make a lot of sense for us. You should def make some estimates and see.

t just doesn't fit in the plans very well and if I kept it, one - my boys would revolt, and two - I would have to cancel Via Napoli.
We loved Via Napoli! For whatever reason my youngest LOOOOOVED it. She still talks about it!

We had to cancel our WDW trip.
OH NO!!! I was very very very sad when I read this Kelley

We're planning to go next July to celebrate me finally graduating.
I got a little happier when I read this..............

She's offered to get us multi-day tickets to Disneyland, so we're basically just swapping coasts.
And then I got really excited for you guys when I read this! How awesome!! I want to go to DL so bad but Steve wants to wait until Chris is older, which makes no sense :mad: It's because Chris hates to fly and makes us crazy on the less than 3 hour flight to Fl. so he can't stand the idea of taking him on a 6 hour flight so I do get that, but Ricky is almost 15 so I really don't want to wait much longer. So happy for you guys though :goodvibes

we've started talking resorts for next year and think we want to start with WL,
Yes yes YES ::yes::

But it just seems I can never get this stuff done. I started working on my touring plans in January and I have one complete - the one I posted. None of the others are done.
I know I've probably said this but you're still ahead of me lol. All I have down for May is one ADR.
That's adorable :)

I also emailed guest services and had them send me some guide maps.
I could have mailed you some! Glad you got them though

Oh, also I booked the Ariel/Eric, Rapunzel/Flynn Bon Voyage character breakfast for our full Epcot day (Wed 6/7) but I am fairly certain I won't keep it. I could only get 10:35.
Aw that's too bad. I booked it also for Steve and I on May 20th. We've never done a character meal without the kids so it'll be weird, but I didn't want to wait until we take them again because I love the idea of the princes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter