At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

I LOVE those tanks especially the Rapunzel one. I will have to look at Hot Topic for sure. I am self conscious about my arms... ex swimmer muscles turned flab... but those are CUTE! I have a few Sparkle Skirts (running skirts) that I may wear- but I have crazy printed ones that little matches. Guess I gotta buy more shirts.... :cool1:

I have never seen the old Welcome Show so I feel like if I don't watch You Tube, I won't know what I was missing. My DS is a huge train nut and every time we go to DL, the train is closed. He is pretty excited to ride this time. I can't wait until he is old enough to do the train tour. So far, he is still into them.

We have similar mornings scheduled on Sunday. We will all be in Donald shirts! Why did you schedule Carpets before Jungle Cruise... I had it the other way around. Do you think I should switch it?

I LOVE those tanks especially the Rapunzel one. I will have to look at Hot Topic for sure. I am self conscious about my arms... ex swimmer muscles turned flab... but those are CUTE! I have a few Sparkle Skirts (running skirts) that I may wear- but I have crazy printed ones that little matches. Guess I gotta buy more shirts.... :cool1:
Always fun to buy more Disney clothes!

I have never seen the old Welcome Show so I feel like if I don't watch You Tube, I won't know what I was missing. My DS is a huge train nut and every time we go to DL, the train is closed. He is pretty excited to ride this time. I can't wait until he is old enough to do the train tour. So far, he is still into them.
My kids aren't hugely into trains but they like them well enough that they want to ride. We missed it last year so we definitely need to do it this year. And we have all three (DH excluded bc he isn't as Disney crazy as the rest of us) have seen the train station Welcome Show on YouTube but I doubt they realize it's missing when we go.

We have similar mornings scheduled on Sunday. We will all be in Donald shirts! Why did you schedule Carpets before Jungle Cruise... I had it the other way around. Do you think I should switch it?
I was thinking I need to switch it myself. The only reason I thought to do it first was bc it's a quicker ride than JC so we'd just get it over with. But now I'm toying with either switching those two OR if my boys let me get away with it, doing JC, PoC, BTMRR (with child swap), then Aladdin. But I'm not sure they will. And if they do happen to open at 8 that day, I'll probably add in Splash so I'll have to figure where to add that!

At DL we once ran into a scenario where we went to Jungle first thing and then had to wait forever (ok, like 5-7 min, but at opening felt forever) for another boat. We just missed one walking up and they weren't running many yet. I wondered if you knew something I didn't!

My daughter really wants to ride Magic Carpets. I think she must have watched a You Tube video with them and now she talks about it a lot!

At DL we once ran into a scenario where we went to Jungle first thing and then had to wait forever (ok, like 5-7 min, but at opening felt forever) for another boat. We just missed one walking up and they weren't running many yet. I wondered if you knew something I didn't!
Lol...I have no inside info! :)

My daughter really wants to ride Magic Carpets. I think she must have watched a You Tube video with them and now she talks about it a lot!
We rode it a few times last year and my oldest claims it's better than Dumbo! It's one of his faves along with Pooh, Speedway, and PeopleMover - yes, I raised him right!

I love your tanks! Also, I do have a Costco nearby and am a member, so I'd be happy to scope stuff out/pick stuff up for y'all if you'd like. Your MK plans look good! I think it's fine to be ambitious in your planning as long as you approach it with the attitude of being ok with potentially having to cut stuff, which you obviously are. I've also had it go the other way where I thought I had packed the schedule, but then we ended up moving through things so quickly we had a bunch of extra time. Adaptability is essential lol.

I think we've finally got our plans set! Of course, I say that now and it still may change tomorrow lol. At this point though we decided to add two nights to the front of the trip rather than adding any on at the back. We booked Standard View at AKL for 6/4-6/6, then will be at BCV from 6/6-6/12. We need to get back sooner because of me starting internship and we can't leave any earlier than 6/3 because Rees works until 6/2. I'm starting to get really excited! We need to compare park days and schedule our meet up!

I love your tanks! Also, I do have a Costco nearby and am a member, so I'd be happy to scope stuff out/pick stuff up for y'all if you'd like. Your MK plans look good! I think it's fine to be ambitious in your planning as long as you approach it with the attitude of being ok with potentially having to cut stuff, which you obviously are. I've also had it go the other way where I thought I had packed the schedule, but then we ended up moving through things so quickly we had a bunch of extra time. Adaptability is essential lol.
I ended up changing the walking to slower and it didn't effect too much plus I added in a visit to the Main Street bakery and I semi adjusted some stuff, so its essentially the same but I may repost again now that I am pretty much done with it until they extend hours! And since that probably won't be til mid-May, I'll probably just leave it anyway and consider the extra time as gravy... :)

I think we've finally got our plans set! Of course, I say that now and it still may change tomorrow lol. At this point though we decided to add two nights to the front of the trip rather than adding any on at the back. We booked Standard View at AKL for 6/4-6/6, then will be at BCV from 6/6-6/12. We need to get back sooner because of me starting internship and we can't leave any earlier than 6/3 because Rees works until 6/2. I'm starting to get really excited! We need to compare park days and schedule our meet up!
Yay to plans being set!! And now your trip dates are only off from ours by 1 day, as we are 6/3-6/11! Do you know your park days yet? If so, yes, lets find some overlap! :)

Right now it's looking like this:

6/4 - AK
6/5 - HS
6/6 - EP
6/7 - EP
6/8 - MK
6/9 - MK
6/10 - AK
6/11 - MK
6/12 - EP

Woot! :)

Right now it's looking like this:

6/4 - AK
6/5 - HS
6/6 - EP
6/7 - EP
6/8 - MK
6/9 - MK
6/10 - AK
6/11 - MK
6/12 - EP

Woot! :)
6/5 we will be at DHS in the evening (hoping for the dessert party), 6/7 epcot all day except break, 6/9 MK all day except break!

Looks like we will have a few opportunities!

6/5 we will be at DHS in the evening (hoping for the dessert party), 6/7 epcot all day except break, 6/9 MK all day except break!

Looks like we will have a few opportunities!

Great! As you post your daily plans, I'll look for times when our locations sort of align. I've got rough plans for our days sketched out.

I have those Academy skorts too! In black. They are really cute but they are a bit too short on me. (I'm 5.6 with ample thighs I'd like to hide). Still like them though, but may be a little too scandalous for me at WDW. Hehe. I may wear them to the beach/pool etc.

I have those Academy skorts too! In black. They are really cute but they are a bit too short on me. (I'm 5.6 with ample thighs I'd like to hide). Still like them though, but may be a little too scandalous for me at WDW. Hehe. I may wear them to the beach/pool etc.
I always get the laser cut one b/c it is just a tad bit longer than the others. I'm probably 5'5 so, it is just enough. I would never do the regular cut ones though. Way too short on my thighs!

Sorry for no updates in a month...lol...but I didn't have much to post about. I did rework my MK day 1 plans a tad and will repost those soon but now I really do have something juicy to post about....PANDORA!

My AK Plans Just Blew Up For the Second Year in a Row

Ok, so not really...yet. But if Pandora does actually open when they say it will, then yes, my plans will be blown up. I have actually created a touring plan for AK already but I just haven't gotten around to doing any others except our first MK day, so obviously, I haven't posted them yet. Well, good thing, right? Not that this is a huge surprise, but it does put a kink in the plan. I am excited to get to see it, and my DH seems very interested, too, but I am very worried about the crowds. And honestly, I don't think I want to change my schedule around to add more AK time. But we do have 3 MK days planned, so I suppose I could give up 1/2 of an MK day if I wanted to. It would have to be an evening b/c we have ADRs for all the mornings, so I'll just have to keep it in mind. I just don't think I want to.

So, if I stick with one day and they don't go to the tiered FP, this is what I plan to try for whenever they release those FP:
Na'vi River Journey for all of us
Flight of Passage for Chad (I can't do most simulator rides unless they are mild like Soarin')
EE for me (Chad doesn't do roller coasters)
and either ROL (unless they have the rumored Flame Tree pkgs from last year) or Character Outpost

I had originally planned to get one for the safari right before sunset but we can pass bc I also have it planned for rope drop. I don't think anything else that we want to do really needs a FP. We don't do Kali, or Primeval Whirl, and I don't really care that much about Dinosaur. Honestly, I think the shows are good but we can always pass on those to check out Pandora.

If they do go to a tiered FP system at AK, then I'll have to rework my plans. Of course, all of this will be wait and see because they may not provide any more info until the May 21-27 press event. Ugh.......I just love the wait and see game that is Disney planning these days....NOT! LOL.

Up next: Initial Touring Plans: Sunday, June 4 - MK Day 1 (TAKE TWO)

Last edited:
I feel so bad that you're dealing with the AK changes again this year :sad2: However at least this time something is actually happening so you'll have something to show for your pain lol! I'm 100% certain now that Avatar will open Memoral weekend so you can add that and ROL to your day. I also think that making one of your MK days a half day to spend a little more time at AK isn't a bad idea :thumbsup2 I'm going to say is on everyone's reports, but I'm so mad we're missing Avatar by 5 freskin' days!!!

I feel so bad that you're dealing with the AK changes again this year :sad2: However at least this time something is actually happening so you'll have something to show for your pain lol! I'm 100% certain now that Avatar will open Memoral weekend so you can add that and ROL to your day. I also think that making one of your MK days a half day to spend a little more time at AK isn't a bad idea :thumbsup2 I'm going to say is on everyone's reports, but I'm so mad we're missing Avatar by 5 freskin' days!!!
I need to come back here and update a bit of info since ROL was announced with packages opening the day after I posted this last update.

As far as Pandora...I'm cautiously excited. It's just gonna be crazy.

I hope they have soft openings for you!

But if Pandora does actually open when they say it will, then yes, my plans will be blown up.

SO many ifs on that one. I think back to Mine Train and how late that opening was from the projected date...

It would have to be an evening b/c we have ADRs for all the mornings, so I'll just have to keep it in mind. I just don't think I want to.

Admittedly AK is one of my favorite parks, especially since HS is basically totally under construction right now. But the evenings there are gorgeous! The greenery makes it nice and cool and the colors from the sunset are just lovely.

ROL (unless they have the rumored Flame Tree pkgs from last year)

Tell me more...

I just love the wait and see game that is Disney planning these days....NOT! LOL.

I know! I have never liked that hypocrisy. We're expected to know where and when we want to eat 6 months in advance, but then two weeks from your vacation Disney changes times, events, closes rides. It's wild!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter