At a buffet, do you ever think to yourself "PIG"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you're not being rude, extremely loud, or behaving in a concerning manner (as in something that might make me concerned for your health), I'm not going to notice you at all at any buffet---Disney or otherwise. :) I'm paying attention to my own stuff. And if my kids are with me---forget it--you could be making out at the salad bar and I wouldn't notice. ;) ;)

As for how many times I go up to a buffet--3 or 4, I'd say. I like to have one type of food at a time---like a regular sit down meal. So I might go get something that could be like an appetizer, then I get a salad, then the entree, and lastly a dessert. :)

We don't go to buffets often- usually only Tusker House but I go up tons of times and it's not because I'm eating a lot or being a pig- I have 2 kids and a mother with knee problems so my husband and myself go through the line with the kids to help them then I'll get a plate for my mom THEN I go back to get my own plate.

I didn't even think of this when I answered! I might go 3-4 times for me, but yeah, I go way more times than that helping kids. :)

I know I'll over eat at a buffet, so it doesn't bother me. I'll over eat at most meals anyway. I don't usually pay attention to what most people are eating. Except,

One time at a Japanese restaurant, where they sit you around the chef, you cant help but notice what other people at your station are eating. We got our food, which was a crazy amount of rice and whatever meat you ordered, and seriously, I'm a big guy, my wife & I could have split my plate, and had leftovers, seriously. Well. there was this lady, teenage son and husband. The lady finished off her plate, which was impressive. Then she takes her husband's plate (which was half eaten) and finished it off. Then got her son's plate ( half eaten) and finished it off. My wife and I were stunned and in amazement. That happened over ten years ago, and we still bring it up. We'll be out eating, and her plate might be too big, and I'll say, "Remember that lady ", and she'll go " she would finish it all".

I have been to buffets at Disney dozens and dozens of times, I have never once noticed what anyone ate or how many times someone went up to the buffet. Those things are always zoo scenes anyway, how could anyone possibly keep track of someone else.

The only time I even notice anyone is when children are allowed to run wild, touching food on the buffet with their fingers, taking things on their plate and putting it back, so on and so forth. That makes me crazy, but the other stuff......nah, who cares how many times someone goes up?

When you’re at Disney do you ever think to yourself “ isn’t it a shame that some people spend more time judging others then they do having a good time here?”

While I have not eaten the Disney buffet in years, I cannot imagine that I would be taking notice of who’s going and how often. I know I never did when I used to eat them

I will often go up to the dinner buffet at least 4 times becauase i always get my boyfriends food for him. He used to be really stuck in a rut with food so i would go and get him a couple of safe foods and a couple of bits that he could try that were different. He now eats crab, black pudding, has tried chicken hearts and lots of things... it has just sort of stuck.

I have an egg allergy.. so it looks even weirder as i say to the server i have an issue and then they see me putting cake on the plate. Luckily for me cross contamination isnt an issue i am fine with traces as long as it isnt an ingredienf.

Honestly i don't care it works for us.

The thing that bothers me is on RCL frequently we say people picking 2 or 3 plates and sitting with all of them and just wasting food.

Id rather someone go up 20 times than pile food onto their plate they have no intention of eating.

OP I read your edited in info. Thanks for that.

The only time I've noticed what another group was serving themselves at a buffet was at Tusker House breakfast in 2013. The table right next to us was like Thanksgiving day with how many loaded plates were on it. It was far more than my family at that time (my now-teen ballet-dancer son can NOW eat vast amounts especially leading in to Nutcracker season) could eat. There was just so much food on the table.

But the judgment I made was that I wished that I could physically eat much more. I didn't love the Tusker breakfast (and won't go back), but I love their lunch/dinner foods, and would LOVE to eat much more than I can. But I end up sick if I eat too much at once. So I can't. So that day I was looking at their table wondering how I could make my stomach do it.

For instance, with tip The Wave was over $50 for 2 ppl for breakfast! I wish I had an Xtra stomach or two to justify the expense.

But ordering just an entree at breakfast plus coffee comes right about up to the buffet cost mark, so it's not hard to actually justify the cost of THAT buffet.

I like this thread because it just shows how many of us are self conscious about being judged, while almost no one is actually paying attention to others.

Yep.

The dad was like 'what's with all the creme brulee' and the wife said the son only wanted the berry on top so she kept getting more 🤪

Ohhhhhmygosh.

If you're at a buffet, I think the goal should be to eat as much as you can. :) If people can eat a lot, more power to them! The only times I'll even notice anyone else is when people waste food or when people touch food and then put it back.

I don't pay attention to anyone else's plate unless stuff is falling on the floor. I don't care about how many times I go up. I do feel guilty if I take something and don't eat it because I don't like it. I usually take small amounts to try then go back up later. So I may be going up more than average and people are talking about me pirate:

Never would occur to me to notice how many times someone else went up at the buffet.
When we go to Boma next month, I will likely go up half a dozen times!
I like to get some soup and bread, then go back for my salad and vegies, then the meat and sides, maybe for sides or mains I loved, then for dessert. Each plate is pretty small so that I can try more variety. Kind of the point of the buffet!

I'm very self conscious about this type of thing because I'm bigger than most. One of the main reasons I followed this thread was out of curiosity, but seeing how many people don't actually care is helpful!

I have only had breakfast buffets at Disney. I usually go up twice. First time for hot food e.g. bacon, eggs, potatoes etc, then second time for fresh fruit and danish. If we really enjoyed something we may ask each other to grab another when going up, but twice is usually our limit. We then spend the day in the park, so if I've eaten too much I just want to lie down 🛌

I'm not one to worry about what anyone else is doing, especially when I have myself, husband and 3 kids to worry about!
But.....

On our honeymoon, we were eating dinner at Cape May Cafe, and there was a table with what I assume was a father and son going freaking NUTS on the clams. They made PIGS out of themselves and it was honestly embarrassing to watch. They easily ate 200+ clams each. Butter all over EVERYTHING. They literally watched for the kitchen to bring out more, they would run up and take every last one of them.

They were seated close to us, so that's the only reason I noticed them. Other than that, I wouldn't notice or care how many times someone went up to the buffet.

Plus, I could probably out-eat most people, so theres that... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter