At 6:05 this morning, couldn't get Chef Mickeys

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
I guess those extra 5 minutes did me in, lol! Couldn't get Chef Mickeys for this August for breakfast. At first I couldn't get Tony's for dinner, but then a time popped up. There was 1 time left for the Plaza for lunch, so I grabbed it. Was able to get Boathouse, which I'm really glad. I'll keep trying for breakfast...

Oh no, I'm sorry. We are going in early August and when making Ohana reservations I noticed that there were slim pickings at 5:45. I think when I made our initial reservations I started around 5:30.

I wouldn't sweat it at all. I'll cross my fingers for you, but If the reservation finders are still functional, and you are persistent, my gut says you'll be just fine.

Reservations open at 6am Eastern Standard Time, but occasionally they open early (as early as 5:40 or 5:45). Don't give up, keep checking, something could pop up.

Just ET because, like right now, EST is not always a thing.

Thanks guys! Will definitely keep trying! I think eventually we'll get one! I was just a little surprised-

I have been trying for Chef Mickey's since my 60 day window opened about 45 days ago. NO LUCK!

I also couldn't get CM for August, but we're staying off property. I've still been checking every day. We have a Tusker House and a Hollywood and Vine, so we'll be able to meet all the characters, as long as Pluto keeps showing up at H&V. I also managed to luck into an Oga's, and in my searches I've seen a CRT and a 50's Prime Time, so there is hope that people are canceling these hard to get ADRs.

I guess those extra 5 minutes did me in, lol! Couldn't get Chef Mickeys for this August for breakfast. At first I couldn't get Tony's for dinner, but then a time popped up. There was 1 time left for the Plaza for lunch, so I grabbed it. Was able to get Boathouse, which I'm really glad. I'll keep trying for breakfast...
We just returned and I couldn’t get a CM for 7 for breakfast to save my life. I had three reservations finders going. A week out I got one for 6 but was trying to get one for seven or I would have just set out. The night before about 8 pm I had about 6 alerts come through and was able to get my 7. Keep trying! There are plenty of last minute reservations that come through!

We just returned and I couldn’t get a CM for 7 for breakfast to save my life. I had three reservations finders going. A week out I got one for 6 but was trying to get one for seven or I would have just set out. The night before about 8 pm I had about 6 alerts come through and was able to get my 7. Keep trying! There are plenty of last minute reservations that come through!

Alerts?

What is a reservation finder? thank you in advance!!

I tried to get CM breakfast for our trip last week and never got it. It probably ended up being for the best because I was trying to rush it in on our departure morning (9:00am ME pick up and it arrived at 8:44am). I tried, our TA promised us she would have it for us and nothing worked. The reservation finder did work to get us Y&Y but never found anything for CM.

@COASTIEandMATE @yaksack There are several paid reservations finders. Mousekepros, mouse dining and mouse watchers. I’d have to say they are good because whenever I canceled a reservation I would get an alert from one at least. They will text you with a link when the reservation if found (along with everyone else who is searching that restaurant, time and number of seats) and provide a link to hit to go straight to that reservation. If you have an odd number of guests, try searching both that number and one higher. The day before many reservations open up!

@COASTIEandMATE @yaksack There are several paid reservations finders. Mousekepros, mouse dining and mouse watchers. I’d have to say they are good because whenever I canceled a reservation I would get an alert from one at least. They will text you with a link when the reservation if found (along with everyone else who is searching that restaurant, time and number of seats) and provide a link to hit to go straight to that reservation. If you have an odd number of guests, try searching both that number and one higher. The day before many reservations open up!
Thank you so much for this!!

Keep searching! When we were there this past week and the days leading up I saw a bunch of CMs reservations pop up. Some were for prime times, too. People will cancel and especially closer to the date

Worst case scenario is to check a few times 24 to 48 hours before when there is a mad scramble to change in plans and reservations. Every now and then walkups are available. Check the app on the day of.

For a recent visit I was checking weeks before for availability and it seemed like 1-2 days before had the most cancellations. People are really waiting until the last minute.

Oh no, I'm sorry. We are going in early August and when making Ohana reservations I noticed that there were slim pickings at 5:45. I think when I made our initial reservations I started around 5:30.
Did it let you make reservations at 5:30? I thought they opened at 6:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter