ASMu room locations and "smoking areas"?

3Minnies1Mickey

<font color=magenta>Just wanted to add, this is no
DD, DH and I all have asthma and are very allergic to smoke. I was noticing on the Passporter map that some of the "smoking areas" are near the buildings our family suite can be located in. How close are they actually to the rooms? I don't want to be downwind to any smoking. I'm requesting building 10 which ISN'T near a smoking area, but just in case we don't get it....

I hate to be the one to tell you but some people who smoke do not seem to care about the non-smoking areas and the fact that all the rooms are now non-smoking. We are also a family with asthma and are highly allergic to cigarette smoke. We have noticed that WDW does not seem to implement the fine for smoking like they should. You can request upon arrival to be placed away from all smoking areas. I would call right before you arrive to make sure your room is away from any smoking area due to allergies. Just be aware that some smokers (not all) will smoke any place (including their rooms) that they want but you can and should report this to the front desk. We even had to be moved twice due to neighbors smoking in their rooms and the smoke coming in through our bathroom vent. Even though the smokers are the one in the wrong, we were the one who had to move to another room both times. We were given one night free but it was a hassle to move everything at midnight let me tell you. There is a paper that is signed by everyone that stays onsight that explains the non-smoking areas and smoking areas and that that all rooms are non-smoking and if caught smoking in the rooms, they must pay a fine (I think around $400-$500). However, we go every year and we still see people smoking in the rooms so I do not see the plan implemented. Just wanted wanted you to know. Good luck.

I hate to be the one to tell you but some people who smoke do not seem to care about the non-smoking areas and the fact that all the rooms are now non-smoking. We are also a family with asthma and are highly allergic to cigarette smoke. We have noticed that WDW does not seem to implement the fine for smoking like they should. You can request upon arrival to be placed away from all smoking areas. I would call right before you arrive to make sure your room is away from any smoking area due to allergies. Just be aware that some smokers (not all) will smoke any place (including their rooms) that they want but you can and should report this to the front desk. We even had to be moved twice due to neighbors smoking in their rooms and the smoke coming in through our bathroom vent. Even though the smokers are the one in the wrong, we were the one who had to move to another room both times. We were given one night free but it was a hassle to move everything at midnight let me tell you. There is a paper that is signed by everyone that stays onsight that explains the non-smoking areas and smoking areas and that that all rooms are non-smoking and if caught smoking in the rooms, they must pay a fine (I think around $400-$500). However, we go every year and we still see people smoking in the rooms so I do not see the plan implemented. Just wanted wanted you to know. Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not afraid to speak up if they need to move us away from the smoking area, and DH will throw a fit if they try to move US instead of the violators. Since we will have the family suites they have less wiggle room in moving us.

There is a sticky @ the top of the board to discuss smoking areas and resorts - all discussion of that topic are requested to be posted to that thread.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not afraid to speak up if they need to move us away from the smoking area, and DH will throw a fit if they try to move US instead of the violators. Since we will have the family suites they have less wiggle room in moving us.

The problem is in figuring out who is the violator. Many rooms are on the same vent system, and Disney really can't go around knocking on doors at all hours of the night, demanding to be let in to check for someone smoking. It is much easier (for them) to move the non-smoker to a new room.

The problem is in figuring out who is the violator. Many rooms are on the same vent system, and Disney really can't go around knocking on doors at all hours of the night, demanding to be let in to check for someone smoking. It is much easier (for them) to move the non-smoker to a new room.

I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter