ASMu Family Suites Free Dining Question

curemyreed

DIS Veteran
This is for anyone who stayed in a ASMu Family Suite during the Free Dining promotion last year when Values were only offered the Quick/Counter Service Dining Plan for free....were those in the Family Suite offered the regular dining plan like that offered to the Moderate resort guests? Just thinking about future options....we're a family of five who sees a real vacation savings by going during the Free DP, but we don't like POR AB, so would prefer to stay in ASMu FS. ASMu FS is actually $41 more per night than POR AB, though; so that plus not being offered the full DP would make the POR AB more acceptable. That's why I'm wondering what was offered last year....:surfweb:

We stayed in the ASMu Family Suite last year, 12/11-12/18 and got the Free Dining. It was the DDP Plus. So worth it for a family of six. We have our fingers crossed for it to happen again.

Wendy

If I had to venture a guess, I would say no. I have not heard even once that the Family Suite got anything different from what the regular rooms are offered.

I have a pin code for free QSDP and we have the family suite at ASMU reserved for the end of September. I actually was going to try and change to 2 rooms so we could upgrade to the DDP without too much extra cost and they didn't have any left (for my pin code promotion). I would be really pleased if they offered the DDP to those in the family suites, but my educated guess is that ALL Value rooms will be offered free QSDP and mods & deluxes will be offered DDP.

I looked at POR as well and LOVED the outside of the resort, it looks beautiful, but those AB rooms are NOT for us. We live in the "country" already, so it's not fun for me to go on vacation and stay in a "rustic" looking room. Just not our taste! ;)

I also got the free dining pin code and are in a suite right now and have the quick service!

I see your question though, the suites are as much as a room at a moderate, but i'm happy with what we got :banana:

We stayed in ASMu FS 8.19-8.25.09 and had free dining...now if they do the same this year I can talk the DW into a repeat! :yay:

Anytime you have the ASMu family suite, it is considered a Value... both for PIN discounts, and regular discounts. So ir the Free Dining is for the QS plan at values, that is what you will receive for free. You can upgrade from the QS to the DDP for the price difference, which is typically $10 for adults & $2 for kids for each night in the resort.

Last year the values were offered the regular dining plan for free during the Aug- Sept. free dining time.

Last year the values were offered the regular dining plan for free during the Aug- Sept. free dining time.
The regular or quick service?
We are a family of 6 and to upgrade to a regular dining plan it would be $60 more dollars per day plus a tip of at least $50 or $60. That wouldn't be a very good deal and we may be better off doing the 40% off villa and going duirng less crowded time than the free dining period? Is my logic right - I'm so confused!!??

The regular or quick service?
We are a family of 6 and to upgrade to a regular dining plan it would be $60 more dollars per day plus a tip of at least $50 or $60. That wouldn't be a very good deal and we may be better off doing the 40% off villa and going duirng less crowded time than the free dining period? Is my logic right - I'm so confused!!??

During the Aug-Oct free dining it was regular for the values. When they extended it to the end of the year, it was for the QSDP. As for which would be better for you guys... it really depends on how many adults/kids you have in your party of 6. The adult price per night is $42, and the kid price is $12. Multiple each of those by the folks in your party, and then see if that beats the 40% off a villa.

My family would look like this: (3 Disney "adults" x $42) + (2 Disney "kids" x $12) + (1 infant - $0) = $150/night. Is that more or less than the 40% savings? It just depends. Since the family suite is MUCH cheaper than a villa, it is a better deal for me to do free dining. Even an upgrade from the QS dining plan to the DDP would be $150 BETTER than the 30% off deal I have right now on a family suite. I've already done that math for my trip. ;) Now, if only I would get the free QS dining PIN that is floating around right now!!

Thanks for all the info! Have you ever stayed at the family suites? Would they be large enough for older teens? We've done the villas but are on a budget this year! Is the transportation really slow? With 6, there's not many options!

Thanks for all the info! Have you ever stayed at the family suites? Would they be large enough for older teens? We've done the villas but are on a budget this year! Is the transportation really slow? With 6, there's not many options!

I love the family suite... you get 2 bathrooms & 2 tvs!! The bed situation is a QS in the bedroom, and a full size couch pull out, a twin size pull out & the ottoman folds out to a twin as well.

It is cheaper to do 2 regular value rooms than the family suite (about $10-15/night). However you do get a fridge & microwave that helps with snacks & breakfast. Another option is the cabins at Ft Wilderness. Sometimes these can be cheaper (or the same price) if there is better room disount for mods than the values.

I don't feel like the transportation is slow. We were there in March, and we never waited too long for a bus. Sometimes coming back at "rush hour" it was a bit crowded, but nothing worse than the commuter bus I use for work each day! :laughing:

Let me know if you have any other questions!

During the Aug-Oct free dining it was regular for the values. When they extended it to the end of the year, it was for the QSDP. As for which would be better for you guys... it really depends on how many adults/kids you have in your party of 6. The adult price per night is $42, and the kid price is $12. Multiple each of those by the folks in your party, and then see if that beats the 40% off a villa.

My family would look like this: (3 Disney "adults" x $42) + (2 Disney "kids" x $12) + (1 infant - $0) = $150/night. Is that more or less than the 40% savings? It just depends. Since the family suite is MUCH cheaper than a villa, it is a better deal for me to do free dining. Even an upgrade from the QS dining plan to the DDP would be $150 BETTER than the 30% off deal I have right now on a family suite. I've already done that math for my trip. ;) Now, if only I would get the free QS dining PIN that is floating around right now!!

We stayed in the ASMu Family Suite last December and got the free dining, it was the Plus. I don't know if the CM made a mistake but that is what we got. We are hoping for the same this year.......feeding a family of 6, ages 17-8 is expensive!

Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter