Asking for some guidance

This is one of the best posts I've seen on this site. It perfectly explains that lodging decision faced by the great majority of Disney travelers.
Totally agree it is very helpful and informative.
We have done 2 rooms at pop, a single room at Beach Club, and offsite. For us, transportation is important, I don't like having to drive, tram to the entrance, ferry/monorail at MK, etc. But we take midday breaks so that factors in to my dislike of too much transportation. Because of that, we have moved to more on site. As for on site, we much prefer the 2 rooms at pop over one room in a deluxe. The 2 showers with teens is a must (we travel in the hot summer months) and I love that each kid gets their own bed as sleep is also a must. I also really like the Pop foodcourt. So Pop would win over Boardwalk in your situation for me. Have you looked at renting points and getting a 1 bedroom at a deluxe for a little more space? We've done that and really liked it. But many don't have a second shower, so watch for that.
Yes, we like the food court at Pop also. Was going to try to split stay to get the EEMH, and then move over to pop.. problem was availability..
Extra Evening Hours are Monday-Epcot and Wed- MK. Could you do Boardwalk to cover those dates and switch to 2 rooms at Pop? Don’t know how it prices out w 1 AoA room but you still have Skyliner access to HS & Epcot, QS food court, you can walk over to AoA’s food court. If you’re all day park people, hotel refillable mugs aren’t going to get used. Since you have a car, you can hit a local target/Walmart/grocery store for room snacks/drinks. Pop would get you 2 Queens in each room.
lol! Like the way you are thinking. I crunched those numbers & availability late last night.
I have been on the WDW so much looking at what is open, my kids say I crashed their website.. it was down for awhile late last night and I’m the running joke as to why.
So.. here is the breakdown of rooms cost
All with spring discount for general public

2 standard rooms at Pop $400 a night, 2 preferred $440
1 Art of Animation suite $455
1 room boardwalk $476 a night
1 room swan reserve (dolphin had no availability) $445 but this incl. rollaway/resort fee
1 room at doubletree DS was $219 fees included

Annnd while I was surfing wdw I was able to have a contemporary room pop up with water view available for our whole stay, $510 a night.
So, that’s where we have decided to stay. 😁

it checked everything but price.🤪 we went with the extra evening hours being important, and the ability to walk to MK. It has been a HUGE bucket list of mine since I was 17, and for $40 price difference from the boardwalk, with water view, I jumped on it.
All of you made great points, and helped and even pointed out some of what I was having such a hard time with.
Thank you so much, for taking time to respond and help me. I greatly appreciate it. Y’all are all wonderful, wealths of information. 🙂

🙂

Totally agree it is very helpful and informative.

Yes, we like the food court at Pop also. Was going to try to split stay to get the EEMH, and then move over to pop.. problem was availability..

lol! Like the way you are thinking. I crunched those numbers & availability late last night.
I have been on the WDW so much looking at what is open, my kids say I crashed their website.. it was down for awhile late last night and I’m the running joke as to why.
So.. here is the breakdown of rooms cost
All with spring discount for general public

2 standard rooms at Pop $400 a night, 2 preferred $440
1 Art of Animation suite $455
1 room boardwalk $476 a night
1 room swan reserve (dolphin had no availability) $445 but this incl. rollaway/resort fee
1 room at doubletree DS was $219 fees included

Annnd while I was surfing wdw I was able to have a contemporary room pop up with water view available for our whole stay, $510 a night.
So, that’s where we have decided to stay. 😁

it checked everything but price.🤪 we went with the extra evening hours being important, and the ability to walk to MK. It has been a HUGE bucket list of mine since I was 17, and for $40 price difference from the boardwalk, with water view, I jumped on it.
All of you made great points, and helped and even pointed out some of what I was having such a hard time with.
Thank you so much, for taking time to respond and help me. I greatly appreciate it. Y’all are all wonderful, wealths of information. 🙂

🙂
Yes, I relate to your post in many ways! Thank you for sharing!

Our trip is 2 nights and 2.7 park days,
and we have a large party of 4 adults and 3 kids aged 9-16.

I’m anxious about where to stay and have searched Marriott and Disney obsessively for months. I currently have Marriott reservations (SR and Dolphin) and 2 connected rooms at POFQ right now. I also had a 2 BR at OKW until I cancelled that today.

Today, after months of no availability for our second night there, I was able to reserve 2 connected rooms (alcove king and sofa bed suite and doubles room) at the Dolphin for both nights for $247 more than 2 rooms at POFQ, plus the $72 in parking for the 2 nights after taxes.

I’m continuing to search for an opening the first night for an alcove room with doubles with sofa bed suite, as it’s $34 less a night and allows 1 of my kids to have a separate bed. I think I could get a rollaway bed for no additional charge as a Marriott Bonvoy member. The 2 showers will be awesome!

I’m SO happy for you that you’re done searching and have made a decision you feel good about! Can you let us k ow how it turned out? Thanks!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter